Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Detailed

WBIE offers a new trailer from Middle-earth: Shadow of War, revealing plans for an expansion pass for the Tolkien-inspired action/RPG. This includes details on four different add-ons, the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis expansion next month, the Outlaw Tribe Nemesis expansion expected in December, the Blade of Galadriel Story expansion in February 2018, and the Desolation of Mordor Story expansion expected in May 2018. Here's word:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released a NEW trailer for Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ detailing the Expansion Pass, which allows players to continue the battle for Mordor with all new Orc tribes and story campaigns. The Expansion Pass includes the following downloadable content (DLC): Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion

• The gruesome Slaughter tribe invades Mordor introducing new missions, Epic and Legendary Orcs, tribal showdowns and fierce battles, brought to life through the Nemesis System.
  • New Slaughter tribe fortress with Overlord throne room, monuments and outposts.
  • Players can hunt down Legendary Slaughter tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
  • Slaughter Orcs are the most bloodthirsty in Mordor, capable of ambushing players at any point, creating a deadly new challenge for players.
  • Available November 2017.

Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion

• The proud Outlaw tribe arise within Mordor introducing new missions, Epic and Legendary Orcs, tribal showdowns and intense battles, brought to life through the Nemesis System.
  • New Outlaw tribe fortress with Overlord throne room, monuments and outposts.
  • Players can hunt down Legendary Outlaw tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
  • The Outlaw tribe is home to the most rebellious warriors in Orc society, outcasts who have a deep contempt of all those who would rule them, be they foreign invaders or Lords of Mordor (whether Dark or Bright).
  • Available December 2017.

Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion

• Play as Eltariel, an elite assassin known as the Blade of Galadriel, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgűl.
  • Wield Eltariel’s dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
  • Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint and Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgűl and learning more mysteries of their past.
  • Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
  • Unlockable Eltariel character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available February 2018.

Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion

• Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players will command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
  • Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, chain and glider.
  • Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all new desert region of Lithlad.
  • Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
  • Unlockable Baranor character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available May 2018.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Detailed Oct 25, 2017, 19:08 dangerman77

It's mindless, it's vacuous, it's vapid. The story is crap, the characters are crap, the lore is pissed upon.

But it's the most fun I've had playing a game in a long while, so who cares. Killing orcs, storming forts, avenging deaths, scaling towers, collecting stupid collectables, I can't stop doing it. I haven't paid more than "50% off" for a game in a decade. Bought the super mega-restore-the-cut content edition from GMG for $80 soon after launch in an urge to spend money. Instant regret for the first few hours, but then I got into the meat and flow of the game, and now zero regrets. It will be super cheap in a year, and probably a GOTY in two years. If you didn't buy it yet, it will be a must-buy at <$20.

I am using Cheat Engine to modify FOV, though, and that has added to my enjoyment immensely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Detailed Oct 25, 2017, 18:17 HorrorScope

Sounds like a helluva game to play some day.  

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Detailed Oct 25, 2017, 14:40 Agent.X7

I bought it on PS4 to beat the story. Just like I did with SoM. Then I trade it in and buy the PC GotY on STeam sale for $9.

This year's trade in will go toward Mario Odyssey.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Detailed Oct 25, 2017, 14:32 Wallshadows

This is the ultimate "wait for GOTY edition" discount purchase for me. I waited that long for SoM and got it for $8 so I think I can hold out for this one as well.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo