Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 for Windows Released

Bungie announces the release of the Windows edition of Destiny 2, and the first-person shooter sequel is available through the Blizzard Shop. This post from last week outlines issues PC gamers will encounter on day one. Also, AMD offers recommended settings for playing this on their hardware, though we also see a report that the game "has major crashing issues for AMD Phenom users." Here is the accompanying announcement:

Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), delivered for the first time, the world-renowned, first-person action game, Destiny 2, on PC across the globe today. Destiny 2 has received more than 70 global awards and nominations to date, including winning “Best PC Game – Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2017,” and industry nomination for “Gamescom Award 2017 - Best PC Game.” The console game, released on September 6, was recognized as the best-selling console game of 2017 in the United States to date with less than one month of sales by The NPD Group yesterday, and now Destiny 2 PC is available exclusively on Blizzard Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed online-gaming platform, for digital distribution and at global retailers.

Developed by Bungie, and brought to PC in partnership with Vicarious Visions, Destiny 2 is optimized to take full advantage of the PC platform, delivering a native PC experience with PC specific features such as: 4K resolution support, uncapped frame rate, full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping, text chat, adjustable field of view, a detailed PC settings screen, 21:9 and triple monitor support, and HDR. Destiny 2 PC is playable on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

"It’s not every day that you get to welcome a new community to a game, but today we’re very excited to welcome PC players to the incredible universe of Destiny 2,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. “And with the unique partnership between Activision, Bungie and Blizzard, we’re giving players a gaming experience they won’t soon forget. Time to defeat Ghaul on triple monitor widescreen.”

Bungie’s PC Project Lead David Shaw, said, “The anticipation we’ve seen from the community and industry for the addition of PC is exciting for Bungie, our partners at Vicarious Visions and Activision.” He added, “We committed resources to make sure the PC game was created with the discerning requirements of the PC community in mind and are happy to extend a red-carpet welcome to those players across the world now that the game is live on Blizzard’s Battle.net platform.”

“It’s been an honor to work so closely with Bungie on the development of the first PC version from the Destiny franchise since we’ve been long-time fans of the game,” said Jennifer Oneal, Studio Head for Vicarious Visions. She added, “As PC gamers ourselves, the collective team has given great care to deliver on our new audience’s expectations for Destiny 2 PC.”

Destiny 2 takes players on an epic journey across the universe to defend humanity from annihilation. The game welcomes new players to the universe, as well as those who have been devoted to the universe since the beginning, with an array of modes and activities to explore. In the story of Destiny 2, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lies in ruins, occupied by a powerful new army. Players must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back to reclaim their home.

In Destiny 2, every player creates their own character called a “Guardian,” humanity’s chosen protectors. Players can choose from playing the cinematic story campaign, venturing into expansive destinations to joining in cooperative modes including Strike missions. PC players can play the ‘Leviathan’ raid, a fan-favorite, endgame, 6-player gameplay experience when it goes live on November 1, at 10 a.m. Pacific Time. For competitive players, Destiny 2 offers intense 4v4 multiplayer matches in ‘The Crucible’.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 11:08 Darks

SirKnight wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 23:13:
I wasn't all that impressed by the beta TBH. The game looked amazing, but the gameplay just felt...off. I don't know but there was just something about how the game felt that it wasn't doing it for me. Shooting enemies had an unsatisfying bullet-sponge kind of feel.

One thing I remember thinking the whole time was how much better shooting in Doom (2016) felt.

Meh.

Say what? Bullet Sponge? Not hardly, most enemies die in a few hits except for the shielded bastards. but thats not bullet sponging when they are shielded.

And Boss fights, but thats the fun of this game and the challenge. so I have no idea where your coming from when you say that. and the gun mechanics and game play of this game are spot on.

No idea what you consider good game play, but your idea seems very off to me.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 02:45 Flo

So much better than Destiny 1. The first hour is almost entirely single player, the setting & art direction of the first section is so much better & more focused imho. Still, if you want a pure single player FPS, don't buy this but Wolf 2 instead. Or buy both  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

11. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 01:31 SlimRam

Nope.  

10. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:55 jacobvandy

Hell yeah, I just spent a few hours roaming around the first open area. First thing I did after the prologue (for the fifth time or so after the beta, lol) and intro level was wander into some cave where I died a couple times fighting a boss enemy that was just a bit too strong for a newbie... But I finally killed the fucker and took his chest of loot out with me!

There are lots of little side areas like that to stumble into, but also plenty of optional guided quests called "Adventures" that keep things interesting outside of the main story quest. Also these public group events pop up randomly, though I've already seen a few of those be swarmed by max level guys just obliterating everything while I struggle to stay alive. At least the rewards for them seem worthwhile.

Haven't touched the PVP yet, and I probably won't for a while. I'm playing this because it's the closest thing there is to an MMOFPS, so happy the sequel made it to PC.

9. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:29 Sempai

Question....Can I play this singleplayer or do I have to play multiplayer with people running around trying to kill me?

Yep, you can. There's no open world pvp, and no one's out to get you. However you will see and interact with others down on planets while doing co-op public events etc. It's pretty tame and friendly.

8. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:02 maddog

Question....Can I play this singleplayer or do I have to play multiplayer with people running around trying to kill me?  

7. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 23:13 SirKnight

I wasn't all that impressed by the beta TBH. The game looked amazing, but the gameplay just felt...off. I don't know but there was just something about how the game felt that it wasn't doing it for me. Shooting enemies had an unsatisfying bullet-sponge kind of feel.

One thing I remember thinking the whole time was how much better shooting in Doom (2016) felt.

Meh.

6. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 22:36 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 21:00:
hammered http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/destiny-2

metacritic at launch has, and always will be, useless... Too many dumbasses with shitty 10 or 0 reviews, skewing the scores with their fanboi BS praising, or their ridiculous BS complaints...

Personally loving the game atm myself ; )

4K@60 feels gooooood ; )

5. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:53 Steele Johnson

This game suffers from the "been-there-done-that" design. Couldn't the designers use a little creativity to make it somewhat different from what we've seen before? Sheesh  

4. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:37 NKD

Not many reviews from anywhere relevant on Metacritic it looks like. That said, this probably won't be something for me.  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

3. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:36 RedEye9

I was referring to the 6.2 user score for pc and the 5.6 for the ps4 (with 1399 user ratings)  

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

2. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:32 The Half Elf

4 reviews with a 81% is hammered?

Have to say the most solid shooting experience I've had on PC since CoD:MW

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:00 RedEye9

hammered http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/destiny-2

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo