Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is free-to-play for the next two days on Steam, offering the chance to try the latest installment in this cyberpunk shooter/RPG series (thanks DSOGaming). For those who want to continue after that point, the game is also currently on sale, carrying a 75% discount. Here's a refresher on what it's about:

The year is 2029, and mechanically augmented humans have now been deemed outcasts, living a life of complete and total segregation from the rest of society.

Now an experienced covert operative, Adam Jensen is forced to operate in a world that has grown to despise his kind. Armed with a new arsenal of state-of-the-art weapons and augmentations, he must choose the right approach, along with who to trust, in order to unravel a vast worldwide conspiracy.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 26, 2017, 18:08 DG

ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 15:38:
DG wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:29:
this OK base game without any DLC? the season pass bundle is 18 which I'm balking at for a "on offer" price s I don't have much time for gaming anymore but I did like DX:HR.

On bit of an old machine too I guess, 2400+ @4ghx and a GTX970. I even had to run CPUID to check that

The DLC are separate from the main game, so you can't carry your character. I didn't play the DLC myself and I thought it was worth it.

thanks!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 23:25 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 09:09:
Personally, I say it's still complete bullshit, as long as they are still running their single player, 'microtransaction dlc scam' and obviously the denuvo. Middlefinger

It's like people turn their brains off when they hear the word "microtransaction." The microtransactions in DX:MD are only for the optional (and completely worthless) Breach mode, not for the actual single-player campaign. You will miss nothing if you buy the game for $15 and don't spend anything after that (except for the DLC, which is actually pretty solid).

12. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 15:38 ItBurn

DG wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:29:
this OK base game without any DLC? the season pass bundle is 18 which I'm balking at for a "on offer" price s I don't have much time for gaming anymore but I did like DX:HR.

On bit of an old machine too I guess, 2400+ @4ghx and a GTX970. I even had to run CPUID to check that

The DLC are separate from the main game, so you can't carry your character. I didn't play the DLC myself and I thought it was worth it.

11. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 13:29 DG

10. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 11:13 CJ_Parker

I'm not a huge fan of the new ones because Jensen is way too pseudo-cool and pretentious (Adam McPose) but what kills it for me for now is the abysmal performance.

I might check it out again when I have a Volta card but stuttering on a 4790K and 1080Ti combo is unacceptable. It looks awesome all maxed out, of course, but so do other games and they don't stutter. Probably another shitty port by Squeenix.

After what they did with the first game, i.e. the GOTY version, they don't deserve any money for this crap anyway. When I have a Volta and the price for DXMD *plus* the DLC drops below $10 we might meet again.

/uninstalled

9. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 09:39 Creston

Great game. No brainer for 15 bucks.

8. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 09:28 aka_STEVE

All great games in the series.......  

7. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 09:09 Acleacius

Personally, I say it's still complete bullshit, as long as they are still running their single player, 'microtransaction dlc scam' and obviously the denuvo. Middlefinger  
Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

6. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 03:23 SlimRam

LOVED this GAME! It had the look and feel Human Revolution and the game makes you feel like a total badass. I only had 1 play through as a blast-1st-stealth-later type dude. I explored every single place I could and broke into everything and read every message. Total play time 99 hours.If you liked the first one, for this price, the sequel is an absolute no-brainer.  

5. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 03:03 Jerykk

Nucas wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 00:05:
it didn't feel short to me so much as it felt like it simply stopped, plot threads not just left dangling, but slashed and left blowing in the wind. and by some accounts, we'll never get a conclusion.

If you've played DX and IW, you already know how the Illuminati arc concludes. That's why I never understood why people were so upset by DX:MD's ending. The main story arc (the train station bombing and the people behind it) was resolved. The Illuminati stuff wasn't but these games are prequels so you already know how that stuff ends. It's not like Bob Page was going to die in any of these prequels, nor would the Illuminati be exposed or dismantled.

In any case, DX:MD is well worth playing if you enjoyed DX:HR. It doesn't have as much environmental variety but the environments it does have are much larger and more dense. You can spend hours simply exploring the hubs, breaking into random apartments, reading strangers' e-mails and drinking their booze. Also, Golem City is probably the most atmospheric level I've played in years. Basically the best sci-fi ghetto I've seen in any game. Really impressive stuff.

4. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 00:05 Nucas

it didn't feel short to me so much as it felt like it simply stopped, plot threads not just left dangling, but slashed and left blowing in the wind. and by some accounts, we'll never get a conclusion.  

3. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 24, 2017, 23:23 ItBurn

I got 62 hours in it, which is crazy because I thought it was super short. If you love exploring every nook and cranny of a game world, you'll have a blast. If you don't, I think you'll find the game too short. It definitely feels like this is just the first part of a bigger story, which it probably was originally.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 21:18 NKD

I really liked the game. It's an odd one though. It's a lengthy game as these types of games go, but at the same time feels like its just the first act of a larger story. It's clear they put a lot of effort into the game and didn't rush it out the door, but for some reason that effort didn't extend to the story.

For $15 it's worth it I think.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 20:57 MrCharm42

I thought this was a pretty good game, def. worth 75% off.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo