Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist

An interview on The Telegraph chats about the PC edition of Destiny 2 with David Shaw, PC project lead at Bungie, and Thomas Gawrys, lead engineer at Vicarious Visions (thanks DSOGaming). They discuss the challenges of bringing the game to Windows, what they learned from beta testing, and more. They say they've received some negative feedback about aim assist for controllers on the PC, but they indicate that for now they plan on keeping this in the release version as well. Here's word on mouse, keyboard, and controller support:

Given the possibility to play with a mouse and keyboard, would PC be the platform of choice if Destiny 2 were ever to move towards esports?

Gawrys - We love seeing that people spin off their own tournaments and different stuff like that for competitive gaming we don't have anything to announce right now about esports.

Shaw - I think we kinda look at it as that we didn't try to go build an esports, it's nothing we're opposed to in any way, but I think the esports community would decide what the best way to play it is. From our perspective, however people want to play, I mean a lot of the input we put on PC was about choice, letting people play the way they want to play on the hardware they want to play on.

Would you be looking at changing the aim assist on PC if player feedback calls for it to be improved, lessened, or otherwise changed?

Shaw - So, we heard feedback on that and we're definitely listening and we'll continue to listen going forward, but right now we are planning to ship the controller similar to how it was in the beta. We think our controls on the controller are pretty good, and people seem to like them, and we think that the PC players should have the ability to play that way if that's their choice.

Is it possible that you might change that in the future depending on how the community feels about it?

Shaw - I would be speculating, I can't really say what we might or might not do.We're definitely going to listen to feedback, we can commit to that. What we will or won't change, that I can't say with any confidence.

View
2. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 11:06 necrosis

One of the many reasons I am taking a pass on this game.  

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 24, 11:04 Facepalm City Jagacademy
  4. Oct 24, 11:14  Re: Facepalm City SimplyMonk
>> 2. Oct 24, 11:06 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist necrosis
  3. Oct 24, 11:08 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Verno
  5. Oct 24, 11:14  Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist The Half Elf
  7. Oct 24, 11:16   Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Beamer
  8. Oct 24, 11:24   Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist djinn
  10. Oct 24, 11:28    Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Frijoles
  13. Oct 24, 14:24     Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Darks
  14. Oct 24, 14:28     Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Jagacademy
  15. Oct 24, 14:35      Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist MacLeod
  17. Oct 24, 14:45      Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Beamer
  18. Oct 24, 15:19       Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Rhett
  22. Oct 24, 17:06    Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist The Half Elf
  24. Oct 25, 05:46     Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist djinn
  6. Oct 24, 11:15 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist SirKnight
  9. Oct 24, 11:27  Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Verno
  11. Oct 24, 12:21 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist ItBurn
  12. Oct 24, 12:27 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Talutha
  19. Oct 24, 15:41  Re: Game Reviews peteham
  16. Oct 24, 14:44 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Cutter
  20. Oct 24, 15:56 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist DangerDog
  21. Oct 24, 16:25 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist jdreyer
  23. Oct 24, 23:55 Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Numinar

footer

Blue's News logo