Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2017, 08:03 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:27:
I was surprised to see that Soylent had that much fat in it.

It's intended to be an actual meal replacement. 21g of fat is not ridiculous for this purpose. It also has 32g of carbs and 20g of protein. It is a bit heavy on the fats but still reasonable for most adults for a single meal. Overall its a decently balanced meal replacement drink thats intended to keep you feeling full and it fulfills that goal.

The other side of the coin is that it tastes like butt and you shouldn't get a significant amount of your calories from drinking them on an ongoing basis. Good luck explaining this to the people too lazy or dumb to cook. IM JUST SO BUSY WITH WORK. Yeah ok Donald Trump, you're just that busy that you can't take 20 fuckin minutes to make a bunch of meals.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 20:57 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:40:
Fat isn't a concern, sugar and salt are.
When you're drinking a product that is 47% calories by fat, it's a problem.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 20:54 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 19:01:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:30:
Honolulu has a big problem with pedestrian deaths.

That's like saying that women have a big problem with rape instead of saying that men have a rape problem. It's deflecting ALL the responsibility on the victims. Sure the victims in the case of pedestrians have their part of responsibility, but not ALL of it.

So let me rephrase this: "Honolulu has a big problem with cars killing unwary pedestrians." Now it's much more accurate.

1. Way to take my comment out of context. I already mentioned they addressed vehicles.

2. There was no victim blaming in the statement regardless.

3. Your rape example does not correlate to what I said. "Honolulu has a big problem with women rapes" would be equivalent and uncontroversial.

4. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 19:01 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:30:
Honolulu has a big problem with pedestrian deaths.

That's like saying that women have a big problem with rape instead of saying that men have a rape problem. It's deflecting ALL the responsibility on the victims. Sure the victims in the case of pedestrians have their part of responsibility, but not ALL of it.

So let me rephrase this: "Honolulu has a big problem with cars killing unwary pedestrians." Now it's much more accurate.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 18:40 Cutter

Fat isn't a concern, sugar and salt are.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 18:30 jdreyer

Honolulu has a big problem with pedestrian deaths. They've already implemented strict laws for cars. Now they're addressing the pedestrian side of things.  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 18:27 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 15:24:
Juice is way too much sugar at once, it nukes your pancreas which going into overdrive trying to turn that sugar into fat as fast as possible to deal with it. You need the fiber associated with eating fruits to slow that process down, give the sugars something to bind to.

Also...

NO MORE SOYLENT IN CANADA!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Amazon has delisted them too.. .fuck meeeee I should have stocked up. So sad this week
I was surprised to see that Soylent had that much fat in it.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 15:24 Slick

Juice is way too much sugar at once, it nukes your pancreas which going into overdrive trying to turn that sugar into fat as fast as possible to deal with it. You need the fiber associated with eating fruits to slow that process down, give the sugars something to bind to.

Also...

NO MORE SOYLENT IN CANADA!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Amazon has delisted them too.. .fuck meeeee I should have stocked up. So sad this week

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2017, 15:18 Cutter

Watch the BBC documentary, The Truth About Healthy Eating. It's simply amazing how much of what people believe is healthy is pure jive.

Here's a small sample list they did at HuffPo.

Healthy Eating

The big surprise for me was that smoothies/juice (real juice) are jive and we derive almost no nutritional value from them.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo