Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs

Bethesda.net has details on the PC edition of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, including system specifications. Here's word:

For PC gamers, its all about the freedom and were not just talking about liberating America from Nazi oppression. From framerates to field-of-view options and beyond, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus includes a host of features on PC, allowing players to customize their experience based on hardware and preferences. Along with the minimum and recommended specs, weve got a detailed list of supported features available in The New Colossus when it launches worldwide on October 27.

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Storage: 55GB
  • Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation
    AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1

Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-9370 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Storage: 55GB
  • Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation
    AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 03:49 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 08:45:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 03:56:
with 8 cores/threads being the norm for consoles now, games are going to be looking for that as a minimum. the days of 4 cores being adequate for (AAA at least) gaming are coming to an end. it will be interesting to see how this game performs on i5's with decent speed, with those stated requirements.

that being said, it's hard to imagine a game not running well on a decent i5 compared to an AMD 8350.

Games really haven't made much headway in scaling beyond 4 cores, and Hyperthreading isn't 8 cores anyway. You're actually better off disabling Hyperthreading on an i7 for gaming, because most games it's actually giving you a measurable performance decrease.

Some DX12 games actually scale pretty well up to about 6 cores and do get some boost from Hyperthreading.

This may have been solid advice 3 or 4 years ago, but most games don't have any issues with newer i7's implementation of hyperthreading. Turning it off isn't really helpful for gaming as it was in the past.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 24, 2017, 22:57 NewMaxx

Considering the difference between a 3770 and 4770 is like 5% and the 8350 and 9370 is like 6%...then you have cards like the 290 and 470 which are <10% apart...not entirely sure about the relevance of these specs. 16GB vs 8GB, sure, and 1060 vs the rest, sure, but really the Min CPU should be an i5 and the Rec AMD GPU should be a 480.  

13. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 24, 2017, 19:38 clint

well thats the first time ive seen a i7 as a minimum.

Must be a thread thing im guessing,

If it runs badly on a i5 then expect to see bad reviews, bad optimization etc.

12. Re: FoV options... Oct 24, 2017, 17:23 NKD

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 09:43:
The state of PC gaming is pretty sad when simply being able to change the FoV is a miraculous selling point.

We can thank all the consolitis fanbois with their abhorrent standards for this current PC Gaming phenomenon.

To be fair, being able to change the FOV has never been a standard feature. It's always been really inconsistently available in games since the invention of the first person shooter. You can probably go back to 2000 or 2001 on these boards and find people complaining that the FOV slider is never there anymore.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America

11. FoV options... Oct 24, 2017, 09:43 Jagacademy

The state of PC gaming is pretty sad when simply being able to change the FoV is a miraculous selling point.

We can thank all the consolitis fanbois with their abhorrent standards for this current PC Gaming phenomenon.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 08:45 NKD

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 03:56:
with 8 cores/threads being the norm for consoles now, games are going to be looking for that as a minimum. the days of 4 cores being adequate for (AAA at least) gaming are coming to an end. it will be interesting to see how this game performs on i5's with decent speed, with those stated requirements.

that being said, it's hard to imagine a game not running well on a decent i5 compared to an AMD 8350.

Games really haven't made much headway in scaling beyond 4 cores, and Hyperthreading isn't 8 cores anyway. You're actually better off disabling Hyperthreading on an i7 for gaming, because most games it's actually giving you a measurable performance decrease.

Some DX12 games actually scale pretty well up to about 6 cores and do get some boost from Hyperthreading.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 07:02 Beamer

A thread with both Luke and CJ is way too much mindlessly/needlessly angry negativity to take.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 06:13 El Pit

Luke wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 04:32:
And steam so we can suck you dry for data while ye play our game...thank there....and the sheep's go Baaaahhhhhh

St. Luke preaching his gospel to his elected people. Preach, brother!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 24, 2017, 05:24 CJ_Parker

Frijoles wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 23:01:
We're moving in to the "It's Expensive to be a Gamer" months.

Nope. Not at all if you have a modicum of self control. If you are a mindless consumerist lemming who MUST compulsively buy everything right NOW then things might look different, of course...

It doesn't even take self control but just being a little selective. AssCreed, for example, is a perfect game to buy in a year or two when they will sell the fully patched gold version including all DLC for a discount.

Personally, I never pirate games but Wolfenstein will unfortunately have to become one of the very few exceptions as usual since the invention of Steam and region locks since I can not buy and not even import an uncensored version in my country. So thanks for the freebie to Bethesda, Machines Games and Valve.

The last game in the series I purchased was RtCW but that was before the age of the region lock. I'd buy this one, too, if there were a way to import an uncensored copy and activate it but there isn't so... yaaaarrrrrrrr matey shiver me timbers muuuuuahahahahahahahaaa

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 04:32 Luke

And steam so we can suck you dry for data while ye play our game...thank there....and the sheep's go Baaaahhhhhh  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 03:56 Mordecai Walfish

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 23:01 Frijoles

We're moving in to the "It's Expensive to be a Gamer" months.  

3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 22:19 NKD

Slashman wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 21:23:
The MINIMUM CPU is an i7? Seriously? What the hell are they smoking? Why would an i5 not be adequate?

Um, an i5 and i7 aren't really appreciably different for gaming. If you have an i5 similar to the i7 they are asking for, you're going to be fine. System requirements have never been an exhaustive list of compatible CPUs...too many overlapping product lines, equivalent CPUs in different generations, etc.

2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 21:23 Slashman

The MINIMUM CPU is an i7? Seriously? What the hell are they smoking? Why would an i5 not be adequate?  

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

55GB, well that figures. Time to finish up Homefront: The Revolution up, and get that 68GB back.

Silly me, thinking I could put a heavy handful of AAA games on a 500GB SSD at the same time.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo