Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. No subject Oct 26, 2017, 11:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 09:49:

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder and his weird fixation about pointing out two liberals saying different things and pretending that's hypocrisy. No wonder he's *still* pretending Pizzagate was ever anything other than obviously made up lies deliberately designed to tell people like him exactly what they want to hear.

And now an encore of complaining about being compared to Nazis. Mashiki, you cited Neo-Nazis as a reason why you're totally not racist, so you are literally a Nazi sympathiser. It's clear that you abuse Godwin's Law to hide.

The only question is to what extent you're in on the cons, and how much you're fooled by them. What was the deal with GamerTics?
Uh-huh. Not too quick on the uptake or anything are you? Or maybe you don't get what I'm saying which is okay, I can use smaller words to explain it to you if need be. Pretending and pizzagate...so tell me something, how many CP cases as a witness for the state have you been involved in? Let's just say the last 5 years. Now, keeping that in mind, and the stuff you're legally bound to not repeat because of publication bans. What are the similarities? Right.

"Cited neo-nazi's" Who's the neo-nazis? Oh right...nobody listed. The irony of "lies made up deliberately designed to tell people like him what they want to hear" is just palpable. So much so, that one can taste it right through the internet. (Though if you're saying boogie is a neo-nazi, you're the prime example of why the left is losing -- everywhere.)

If you're talking about Cervonovich, how does that one compute anyway? Mixed race marriage, with a mixed-race child. And that's a neo-nazi...right. Talk about paranoia and seeing nazi's everywhere.

The real question is, at what point do you stop being a racist and bigot for labeling anyone who doesn't bow to your view point. As for GamerTics? No idea, go ask them.

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:28:

Cutter picks his views based solely upon what is best for him.
People like MA are worse - they pick their views based upon what will piss people off.
Now that's not true. I just happen to have various views that piss you off. Those same views, and comments in which you generally dispute nothing. You know, kinda like that reply.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 05:58 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:53:
NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:19:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 12:09:

I think the industry leaks stopped nearly a decade ago, right?
Back around 2007-2010 they seemed to be the originators of so much information, but it's been at least 5 years since I've heard them mentioned in a positive way.

I haven't heard of any big news coming out of NeoGAF in a long time. Gaming is a high turnover industry, so their insiders probably eventually ended up at companies where they had little information of value. That or they got tired of the NeoGAF circlejerk.

I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered. If you want to talk games in general, or in depth, reddit offers more options. Particularly in depth. What remained were the ones that still found something there they couldn't find elsewhere -the circlejerk, which made it even more circlejerky.

Kind of like how Blues has probably lost views to reddit, but what remains is cranky old guys interested in the views of similarly cranky old guys because who gives a crap what stupid game the teenagers of /r/games are circlejerking over and who can be bothered to care about their nostalgia when it's nostalgia for 2008. Instead, we circlejerk over how Microsoft ruined Bungie when they bought Bungie, which is the weirdest thing to be angry about (and, honestly, like 2 people were, and got called out for it, but it's the funniest retrohistory of late.)

Man, we're the old guys.
The conversations here tend to be more focused due to the fact that there's no voting mechanism. So you get a lot less Reddit-style garbage posting, because there's no karma or similar to rack up. Someone says something because they wanted to say something; they wanted to share their thoughts.

Meanwhile I find the general gaming sentiment here in agreement with my own. There are a lot of people here who like games similar to what I like. So it's a useful resource for finding new, relevant games.

20. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 17:59 Beamer

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 17:40:
I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered.

Other than Blue's, the only places I talk about gaming are reddit, and various Discord servers I'm in. This site has its niche for me, in that its a bunch of old crusty fucks and the discussion strays a little bit beyond gaming.

Reddit really did poach a lot of the discussion on the Internet, in much the same way as Discord is taking over simultaneously for IRC and voice chats. This includes leaks. All the interesting leaks about TV, movies, and games I've read in recent history have popped up on reddit, or sometimes YouTube.

Old school forums are just too static for the modern Internet. On reddit if some subreddit gets caught up in some controversy, say, its head moderator being outed as a sexual predator. The guy can step down without having to actually do anything. The moderators below him will simply move up the list. No one has to take over paying the bills or get access to server accounts etc. If he decides to be a dick, you can just go to another subreddit using your same name and account.

Some ancient ass forum goes tits up and all the discussion gets lost and the userbase scattered.

Yeah, I had a few old school forums very specialized and very insular, but they were dying in that some people would move on and no new people were replacing them. One moved to reddit and just died. It's hard to keep that community in the wide space of reddit.

Also, if you're on discord you're not that crusty. Screw finding decent places to type, and screw chatting, I prefer the somewhat static nature or BBS. And screw YouTube, I don't want to watch some guy play a game when I could be playing it. I don't want to see some guy pad his video to 10 minutes with inane babbling so he can hit the point that ad revenue drastically increases. I can read 5 text reviews in a fraction the time of one video, and get 5 different viewpoints. CRUSTY!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 17:40 NKD

I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered.

Other than Blue's, the only places I talk about gaming are reddit, and various Discord servers I'm in. This site has its niche for me, in that its a bunch of old crusty fucks and the discussion strays a little bit beyond gaming.

Reddit really did poach a lot of the discussion on the Internet, in much the same way as Discord is taking over simultaneously for IRC and voice chats. This includes leaks. All the interesting leaks about TV, movies, and games I've read in recent history have popped up on reddit, or sometimes YouTube.

Old school forums are just too static for the modern Internet. On reddit if some subreddit gets caught up in some controversy, say, its head moderator being outed as a sexual predator. The guy can step down without having to actually do anything. The moderators below him will simply move up the list. No one has to take over paying the bills or get access to server accounts etc. If he decides to be a dick, you can just go to another subreddit using your same name and account.

Some ancient ass forum goes tits up and all the discussion gets lost and the userbase scattered.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 15:53 Beamer

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:19:

Back around 2007-2010 they seemed to be the originators of so much information, but it's been at least 5 years since I've heard them mentioned in a positive way.

I haven't heard of any big news coming out of NeoGAF in a long time. Gaming is a high turnover industry, so their insiders probably eventually ended up at companies where they had little information of value. That or they got tired of the NeoGAF circlejerk.

I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered. If you want to talk games in general, or in depth, reddit offers more options. Particularly in depth. What remained were the ones that still found something there they couldn't find elsewhere -the circlejerk, which made it even more circlejerky.

Kind of like how Blues has probably lost views to reddit, but what remains is cranky old guys interested in the views of similarly cranky old guys because who gives a crap what stupid game the teenagers of /r/games are circlejerking over and who can be bothered to care about their nostalgia when it's nostalgia for 2008. Instead, we circlejerk over how Microsoft ruined Bungie when they bought Bungie, which is the weirdest thing to be angry about (and, honestly, like 2 people were, and got called out for it, but it's the funniest retrohistory of late.)

Man, we're the old guys.

-------------

17. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 15:19 NKD

16. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 12:53 raVen

Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 08:06:
That place was a virtue signalling cesspool and I doubt anyone is surprised that the guy in charge didn't practice what he preached.

NEOGAF IS A SAFE SPACE!
Can you clarify this stance?
I didn't visit the community portion very often, mostly just the first 2 pages of Gaming. My experience is quite the opposite of this, in general people of NeoGaf were not Evilore.

15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 12:09 Beamer

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 11:52:
NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 09:51:
I had forgotten about that guy. TrollinBlunder.

I remember someone calling him RollinDunder and it just sort of stuck in my head. I'm sure he's got a parachute account though.

NeoGAF had a ton of cool industry leaks so I will miss that aspect of it. It's ridiculous far-left proselytizing on the other hand I will not.

-------------

14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 11:52 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 09:51:

I remember someone calling him RollinDunder and it just sort of stuck in my head. I'm sure he's got a parachute account though.

NeoGAF had a ton of cool industry leaks so I will miss that aspect of it. It's ridiculous far-left proselytizing on the other hand I will not.

Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 10:28 Beamer

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:16:
even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder and his weird fixation about pointing out two liberals saying different things and pretending that's hypocrisy. No wonder he's *still* pretending Pizzagate was ever anything other than obviously made up lies deliberately designed to tell people like him exactly what they want to hear.

And now an encore of complaining about being compared to Nazis. Mashiki, you cited Neo-Nazis as a reason why you're totally not racist, so you are literally a Nazi sympathiser. It's clear that you abuse Godwin's Law to hide.

The only question is to what extent you're in on the cons, and how much you're fooled by them. What was the deal with GamerTics?

Cutter picks his views based solely upon what is best for him.
People like MA are worse - they pick their views based upon what will piss people off.

-------------

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 09:51 NKD

even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder

11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 09:49 Quboid

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

10. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 08:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Probably you as the source?

You always have some stupid political ax to grind and always throw out stupid accusations whenever possible, pretending the people who agree with you are saints and the people who disagree with you are evil and, even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

You didn't show your face here for 2 weeks after getting laughed out of another thread, unsurprisingly you only come back when you can spew more Pizzagatesque crap.
Boy oh boy are you bitter. By the way, nice conspiracy theory though. I mean it makes just about as much sense as this comment. Who knew neogaf was a hive of gamergate.

Uh-huh. You keep thinking that, and by all means keep digging because that line of reasoning hasn't backfired on progressives and liberals AT ALL...embrace that identity politics!

Gee, I didn't know I had to respond to you in a timely manner. You can send money to my paypal at anytime and I'll be happy to respond just for you precious. Anything else you want to get off your chest? Maybe I can answer for you when I feel like doing so? Perhaps get more upset that things are crashing down around you? Well if not, you could always go join the neogaf crowd, I think they're polishing up the conspiracy theories that gamergate caused Trump, were colluding with Russians, and were also responsible for all their moderators leaving, and Malka(along with several of his pedophile moderators being arrested) for being shitty people in general. Oh and that anyone who disagrees with the echo chamber are alt-right neo-nazi's.

Oh and pizzagate? You never did turn around and show where I said it was true. Only that there was a lot of suspicious things around it, you know...just like around Weinstien, Jimmy Savile, the Catholic Church...yeah...great conspiracy theories too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 08:06 Redmask

That place was a virtue signalling cesspool and I doubt anyone is surprised that the guy in charge didn't practice what he preached.

NEOGAF IS A SAFE SPACE!

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 07:16 Beamer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 03:11:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 02:46:
At least one of those lists was compiled by Mike Cernovich, wasn't it? Not what I'd call trustworthy.
No, he got his list from the same source that sent it to other outlets including gawker, gizmodo, vox, buzzfeed and several centre-right and centre-left political news sites.

Probably you as the source?

You always have some stupid political ax to grind and always throw out stupid accusations whenever possible, pretending the people who agree with you are saints and the people who disagree with you are evil and, even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

You didn't show your face here for 2 weeks after getting laughed out of another thread, unsurprisingly you only come back when you can spew more Pizzagatesque crap.

-------------

7. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 03:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 02:46:
At least one of those lists was compiled by Mike Cernovich, wasn't it? Not what I'd call trustworthy.
No, he got his list from the same source that sent it to other outlets including gawker, gizmodo, vox, buzzfeed and several centre-right and centre-left political news sites.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 02:46 Squirmer

5. No subject Oct 23, 2017, 00:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 23:13:

You got any reputable links for that? I'm most certainly no fan of either site or many of the people who write for them but this is the first I've heard of this (other than the Nick Robinson thing, which has been quiet since first being revealed.)
You can search it up if you want, there's also a "list" of journos who're currently caught up in this that several sites have a hold of too. I won't direct link because of 'listen and believe'. So this'll prove true or not. I add that Sam Biddle is on both lists I've seen, but whether or not that's true? Who knows.

edit: Just remember, this is what Neogaf's admin said to that bowl of pudding known as Boogie2988. They deserve everything they're getting.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2017, 01:44.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2017, 23:13 Parallax Abstraction

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 19:54:
it's likely about to get more interesting since the accusations are flying hard and fast against game journos at kotaku and polygon(current and former) of doing the same thing as Weinstien and Tyler.

You got any reputable links for that? I'm most certainly no fan of either site or many of the people who write for them but this is the first I've heard of this (other than the Nick Robinson thing, which has been quiet since first being revealed.)

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 22, 2017, 22:36 Fantaz

lol, i remember getting banned from neogaf and never going back already many years ago  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo