Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Season Details

PC Gamer has some details on Season 2 for Destiny 2, though PC gamers haven't gotten the game to experience Season 1 yet. This includes an overview on how seasons will work in general in the shooter sequel, and word that they are taking the RNG (and thus, some frustration) out of the seasonal reward system. Here are some details:

Each new season will also change the "themes for the player experience". Or in other words: we'll be getting new loot to chase and improved quality of features, which given that console players are already complaining of a lack of content in the endgame, has to be a good thing. Paradis also revealed that the first major event in season two will be the Dawning, an in-game holiday which celebrates the arrival of the light of the Traveler. (I'm sorry it sounds so culty, blame the barmy lore.) The Dawning will last for three weeks, and involve snowball fights and ice hockey in the tower, plus some other wintry shenanigans in The Farm social space.

Lest you worry it's entirely cosmetic, there will also be snowballs out in the game world, which will apparently do actual damage. More promisingly there will be a bespoke set of The Dawning gear to collect (if it's anything like previous events in Destiny 1, these will be earned from the Bright Engrams which can only be acquired by leveling up or paid for with Silver at the Eververse microtransaction store.)

Paradis also talked about the reception to the recent Iron Banner PvP event which console players experienced a couple of weeks ago. Following a ton of negative feedback related to the token system used to get loot drops, the season two's Iron Banner will enable players to buy specific weapons and armour with their tokens and legendary shards (both earned through gameplay) without relying on RNG. Bungie also showed off some armor 'ornaments', essentially fancy new looks, which players will be able to earn in season two. Note that there will still be one more old Iron Banner as part of season one, which means PC players still get to join the chorus of complaint in the meantime.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 23:12 heroin

Yeah Mac gaming has pretty much always sucked, but I still love me a good old Mac with the Adobe Suite, lol  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 17:57 Flatline

heroin wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 02:04:
Technically Marathon made Bungie. Their roots are in computer gaming not console trash

LOLOL I've never seen anyone defend PC Master Race with Mac gaming arguments. This is pretty good.

22. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 17:01 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 11:35:
Are we still supposed to be butt-hurt because Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000. http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/06/20/microsoft-acquires-bungie
I for one am still damn mad that Amelia Earhart is missing.

No shit.

Halo was gonna make a shitload of money regardless if came out on PC or not.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

21. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 11:35 RedEye9

Are we still supposed to be butt-hurt because Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000. http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/06/20/microsoft-acquires-bungie
I for one am still damn mad that Amelia Earhart is missing.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

20. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 11:22 CJ_Parker

Asmodai wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 09:14:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:15:
ExGemini wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:06:
Darks wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:04:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 14:06:
Keep this console port trash off the PC.
You need to shut up. Enough with all of your bullshit...

Hurts much?
T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D

There's a certain irony that the first post in the thread is someone butthurt over a game no one is twisting their arm to buy coming to PC, but it's only triggered if someone calls them out for being butthurt... \= |

No irony at all.

First post (paraphrasing): "Destiny is a piece of shit" - ad rerum
Darks post (paraphrasing): "Destiny haters are pieces of shit" - ad hominem

It's two different pairs of shoes.

19. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 09:14 Asmodai

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:15:

Hurts much?
T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D

There's a certain irony that the first post in the thread is someone butthurt over a game no one is twisting their arm to buy coming to PC, but it's only triggered if someone calls them out for being butthurt... \= |

18. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 06:48 Numinar

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 00:14:
heroin wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 21:17:
I don't have a problem with comment #1 Bungie made great Mac games and only 1 or 2 I remember being ported to PC, MYTH 1 & 2. Then what happened? They made console port trash and forgot about the computer gaming scene that made them. They were great until Halo and now I have to see this shit in my Battle.Net app? Fuck them.

I bet you whoever ran Bungie then, will tell you something different in terms of what made them. Myth's were fun little games for their day, but a total drop in the bucket vs what was to come.

I love the Myth games. That is what made me a Bungie fan. I think they lost so much money on that Myth 2 "uninstall root drive directory" thing that they needed Steve Jobs or Billy G to bail them out and finish a game that started as a sci-fi RTS and turned into Halo which also needed to be torn down and rebuilt in some ungodly short amount of time (Hence re-used levels), which everyone here but me hates but that's ok.

Though I don't know why. It still holds up better than most games of it's era, mostly because the RTS bones that it was built from still exist in the way the physics, vehicles, AI and playspaces interact with each other. Also split screen and later internet co-op! When PC games could not be bothered trying since Doom. I prefer it to Half Life 2 which came out years later and had fancy tech, but the encounter design and AI interactions blow HL out of the water. (cue rotten vegetable matter assault)

I too was disappointed when they went MS exclusive on the OG XB, which I had no interest in, until I saw the attract mode from the game running at target. It blew anything I had seen until that time out of the water. PC's still had that polygonal cheapness look to almost every game out there (And did for years afterwards), this thing looked amazing at a fraction of the resolution I was playing on at home. Best console launch title ever. Maybe second best after SMW.

As for Destiny 2, it's missing a lot of what made Halo great. Vehicle boarding for one, split screen and encounter design again seems sub standard outside of Nightfall/Raid situation and there are some obvious concessions to being network friendly (Which it is, it works with people playing from 4 continents somehow) that all detracts from the sharpness of the older games. It's still great though. Maybe the loot isn't as good as some looters, but the game itself is way more fun for me than speedrunning boring levels and then playing the menus in Warframe or clicking and cycling abilites until things die in Diablo. So there are not many guns compared to the wealth of fancy swords and combat bras in Warcraft, who cares. It plays as a really nice shooter with some of that stuff to chase while shooting. Plus the guns all work better than most games can manage when they only have to design a dozen of the things.

I'm glad I'm down to a few days a week. I cannot afford another vanilla WoW situation, too divorcey. I'll probably do another 20 of the next Iron Banner and raid with the clan/lads from work but will see. Might also get it on PC, depends who in my group makes the plunge. Bungie art in HD is delicious though the PvP will lose it's relaxing charm when the 360 headshot crowd get their hands on some mice.

17. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 02:04 heroin

Technically Marathon made Bungie. Their roots are in computer gaming not console trash, which in my opinion is what both Halo & Destiny franchises are. Their roots (in mac/PC gaming) are what made them; not shite console games that make easy money.  

16. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 00:14 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 21:17:
I don't have a problem with comment #1 Bungie made great Mac games and only 1 or 2 I remember being ported to PC, MYTH 1 & 2. Then what happened? They made console port trash and forgot about the computer gaming scene that made them. They were great until Halo and now I have to see this shit in my Battle.Net app? Fuck them.

I bet you whoever ran Bungie then, will tell you something different in terms of what made them. Myth's were fun little games for their day, but a total drop in the bucket vs what was to come.

15. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 22:16 The Half Elf

You need to shut the fuck up. Enough with all of your bullshit.

I knew your worthless ass couldn't resit coming in here and bashing the game. Your so predictable. If you dont like, then go find another forum to hang out in, because your worthless ass is not welcome here.

Hurts much?

Only as much as having a second account to agree with your first?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

14. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 21:17 heroin

13. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 20:07 ColoradoHoudini

I am gonna play this just because my new 1080 came with it, I dont have much hope for longevity though, it seems like it's a coop shooter, with 'get X accomplished and then log for a week" kinda gameplay.
The PVP in NO WAY AT ALL interests me.. none. 4 vs 4? LOL.. GO TAKE A HIKE!

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2017, 19:34 NewMaxx

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 19:15:
Star_full Star_full Star_full Star_full Star_half

We can make this a five star thread as soon as someone labels their forum adversary 'Hitler'. We're almost there guys, don't give up!

I have no adversaries, merely topographies of ignorance.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2017, 19:15 Mordecai Walfish

Star_full Star_full Star_full Star_full Star_half

We can make this a five star thread as soon as someone labels their forum adversary 'Hitler'. We're almost there guys, don't give up!

10. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 19:13 NewMaxx

I actually thought it was a pretty good "port" in technical terms. It was their other decisions that made me wary of purchasing the PC version.  

9. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 18:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoa, what is this, a Star Citizen thread?

8. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 18:02 Slick

step 1) Be an asshole for no reason

step 2) wait for someone to take offence by you being an asshole for no reason

step 3) make fun of them for taking offence

step 4) say: *TRIGGERED*

-Master Troll Handbook chapter 1

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

7. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 17:44 rawbelly

Video games!  

6. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 17:15 RedEye9

Hurts much?
T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

5. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 17:06 ExGemini

You need to shut the fuck up. Enough with all of your bullshit.

I knew your worthless ass couldn't resit coming in here and bashing the game. Your so predictable. If you dont like, then go find another forum to hang out in, because your worthless ass is not welcome here.

Hurts much?

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo