Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale Dates Leaked?

A post on reddit claims to reveal the start dates for the upcoming Steam sales for Halloween, Black Friday, and their big Winter sale. The post is actually removed, as reddit cites one of their rules, saying this is "unverified," as there's "no mention of a source." Eurogamer follows up on these dates, saying they have "independently corroborated them as correct." However, their post does have the same faults as the original from reddit, as it does not mention a source, so on some level seems likewise unverified. But it does seem like it's been a long time since Steam held a big sale where the date didn't leak in advance, so there's that. Here are the dates for which they are vouching:

The remaining Steam sales in 2017 are:

• Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
  • Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
  • Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 22, 2017, 05:49 Jerykk

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 13:55:
Slightly related: I gave in and bought The Evil Within 2 on a minor sale off Gamersgate. The game is awesome.

If you liked The Evil Within at all, you'll most likely love the sequel. I highly recommend interested parties pick it up if the Steam sale price is decent.

If you hated the first one... you'll probably still hate the second one.

You don't even need to wait for the Steam sale. You can get the game for less than $30 at cdkeys.com. From the numbers on Steamspy, it seems like it's a flop. I'd be extremely surprised if we see another game in the series.

I'm enjoying TEW2 but it still has a lot of the jank from the original. I was hoping they would have resolved all that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 22, 2017, 05:45 Jerykk

FloorPie wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 19:13:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:02:
Pepe wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:43:
Saboth wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:12:
MEH! Why oh why did people have to ruin the system? Steam sales used to be so exciting. Now it's like you are paying the normal price when a game is on sale, and the rest of the year you are paying the marked up price. I'd rather have flash deals again and not be able to get refunds.

I wonder why people keep saying this, makes no sense, basically the old "sale" was not realy a sale, just a waiting game to see if you could find the game you wanted at the "special" temporary lower price, now it's the whole time of the sale at that price.

Well, no, that's not actually true. When sales last a week or more, they aren't going to be as good as sales that only last 6-8 hours. That's why the flash sales were always better than the regular ones. The current sales lack the deeper discounts offered by the flash sales and daily deals.

Except that the flash sale system meant you waited to buy anything on the last day of the sale unless it was a flash sale. I would just briefly check if something I wanted was on a flash sale and if I missed it I'm waiting a few days to a week for it to come back again for that 75% off price. Then I may just forget about it or get turned off and spend my money elsewhere.

For as much joy one might get checking out the daily and flash deals it got aggrivating if you missed one. The other trade off is you get returns now. So, I don't get why people cry that much about flash sales, especially when there are other sites out there competing. That and steam has weekly and weekend sales all the time now.

I only care about getting the lowest price possible. Were variable prices less convenient for the average consumer? Sure, but I'm not the average consumer. I'm cheap and willing to put in the effort to save extra cash. Flash sales are great for people like me.

20. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 21:13 RedEye9

FloorPie wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 19:13:

Except that the flash sale system meant you waited to buy anything on the last day of the sale unless it was a flash sale. I would just briefly check if something I wanted was on a flash sale and if I missed it I'm waiting a few days to a week for it to come back again for that 75% off price. Then I may just forget about it or get turned off and spend my money elsewhere.

For as much joy one might get checking out the daily and flash deals it got aggrivating if you missed one. The other trade off is you get returns now. So, I don't get why people cry that much about flash sales, especially when there are other sites out there competing. That and steam has weekly and weekend sales all the time now.
^This
There was nothing worse than the "gamed" old sale system, good riddance.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

19. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 19:13 FloorPie

Jerykk wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:02:
MEH! Why oh why did people have to ruin the system? Steam sales used to be so exciting. Now it's like you are paying the normal price when a game is on sale, and the rest of the year you are paying the marked up price. I'd rather have flash deals again and not be able to get refunds.

I wonder why people keep saying this, makes no sense, basically the old "sale" was not realy a sale, just a waiting game to see if you could find the game you wanted at the "special" temporary lower price, now it's the whole time of the sale at that price.

Well, no, that's not actually true. When sales last a week or more, they aren't going to be as good as sales that only last 6-8 hours. That's why the flash sales were always better than the regular ones. The current sales lack the deeper discounts offered by the flash sales and daily deals.

18. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 13:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly related: I gave in and bought The Evil Within 2 on a minor sale off Gamersgate. The game is awesome.

If you liked The Evil Within at all, you'll most likely love the sequel. I highly recommend interested parties pick it up if the Steam sale price is decent.

If you hated the first one... you'll probably still hate the second one.

17. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 13:02 Ant

Kxmode wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:37:
christheshitter wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:33:
Vio wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 02:22:
Give me 80% off what I want or wait another year for my money. That's what I say - my backlog's so big I can wait 5 years before needing to make a purchase.

Nah 80% is too little. At least 90% or it's nothing worth!

90%? Pfft. 100% or no deal.
Nah, over 100%.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 13:02 Ant

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 07:39:
Silent Bob wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:51:
My cat says it's true. Is that a verifiable source?
Definitely. The cat is always right.
Prove it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 07:39 Pr()ZaC

Silent Bob wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:51:
Definitely. The cat is always right.

14. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:51 Mac

So, basically the same dates as every other year?

Also, rare for Steam to be the cheapest place to buy the games now in any case ... shame!

13. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:37 Kxmode

christheshitter wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:33:
Give me 80% off what I want or wait another year for my money. That's what I say - my backlog's so big I can wait 5 years before needing to make a purchase.

90%? Pfft. 100% or no deal.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:33 christheshitter

11. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 02:22 Vio

10. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 22:33 Kxmode

I have a huge incentive for not purchasing. $19K roof job.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

9. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 22:06 Cutter

The only good thing left about Steam sales is that at least you can usually find better deals at other digital retailers or from key resellers in particular. I don't bother with G2A anymore but I always use Kinguin and CDKeys to check prices first.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

8. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 21:59 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:42:
Doesn't GoG still do flash sales?
I hope so, but honestly I can't think of any real flash sales this year. In the past wouldn't we have had an Insomnia sale by now?

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

7. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 21:02 Jerykk

6. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:51 Silent Bob

5. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:43 Pepe

4. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:42 jdreyer

Doesn't GoG still do flash sales?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:40 RedEye9

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/  

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo