Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2017, 15:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nucas wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 14:25:

have you checked out House of the Dying Sun? its a bit more of a traditional type of sim with some mild fleet command elements.

i thought everspace was an ok time but the "roguelike" and "crafting" elements i just have to accept are something i'm allergic to. i'd wait for 50% off personally. the roguelike elements are very lightweight though, there's no real permadeath or negative repercussions for dying.

Thanks, yeah I bought House of the Dying Sun on one of the past few sales, it seems pretty good so far, although I haven't put a ton of time into it. I keep getting distracted by other games. Everspace will remain on the Decent Sale list for me then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2017, 14:25 Nucas

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 13:57:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 00:25:
Excellent game. Like a more combat focused
action FTL with craftable mods and weapons with resource gathering and enemy looting. Full hotas support and plays great with gamepads and mouse and keyboard also.

What joystick/gamepad/HoTaS setup do you use? A lot of the reviews indicate the joystick/HoTaS support is less than stellar. I've been thinking about buying this game for awhile now, but I probably don't need another rogue-like rage-inducer. Especially if my Wingman ends up being wonky.

have you checked out House of the Dying Sun? its a bit more of a traditional type of sim with some mild fleet command elements.

i thought everspace was an ok time but the "roguelike" and "crafting" elements i just have to accept are something i'm allergic to. i'd wait for 50% off personally. the roguelike elements are very lightweight though, there's no real permadeath or negative repercussions for dying.

2. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2017, 13:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 00:25:
action FTL with craftable mods and weapons with resource gathering and enemy looting. Full hotas support and plays great with gamepads and mouse and keyboard also.

What joystick/gamepad/HoTaS setup do you use? A lot of the reviews indicate the joystick/HoTaS support is less than stellar. I've been thinking about buying this game for awhile now, but I probably don't need another rogue-like rage-inducer. Especially if my Wingman ends up being wonky.

1. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2017, 00:25 Mordecai Walfish

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo