Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined

In spite of the delay between the launch of Destiny 2 on consoles and PCs, a new update on Bungie.net outlines issues Bungie is aware will not be fixed for the Windows launch on October 24th (thanks DSOGaming). These are largely different than the problems with the console editions that have inspired unhappiness on its forums, as they center on PC hardware and networking issues. Here's a list:

Day 1 PC Known Issues List
Listed below are issues that Bungie is aware of that exist in Destiny 2 on PC.

• SLI, HDR, and VSYNC: Players may experience some rare issues when enabling SLI, HDR, or disabling VSYNC in some non-native resolutions. For the best experience, players are encouraged to use these features while running at their display’s maximum available resolution.
  • Saxophone Errors when Launching: Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file. Players who encounter this issue must close the application and relaunch through Blizzard’s Battle.net app.
  • Idling to Title Screen: In some activities, players who are returned to the title screen due to idling may be unable to log back in. Players who encounter this issue must close and relaunch the Destiny 2 application.
  • Login after Disconnects: A generic error code may appear to players who lose internet connection, which may block an affected player from logging back in even after reconnecting. Players who believe they are encountering this issue should close the Destiny 2 application and relaunch.
  • Buffalo Errors on multiple PCs: Players may encounter Buffalo errors when logging in to Destiny 2 on multiple PCs at the same time. To prevent this issue, players must ensure that they are logged out of Destiny 2 on any PC that they do not currently intend to play on.
  • Cursor in Tri-Monitor Configurations: Changing resolution between 5760x1080, 4080x768, and 3072x768 may trap the mouse cursor in the right-most monitor. Players who encounter this issue should ALT+TAB out of the Destiny 2 application, then back. Players may also toggle Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
  • Tri-Monitor Depth of Field: DOF effects may be overly aggressive on some tri-monitor configurations. Players who encounter issues with DOF can disable this feature in the Graphics Settings.
  • Windows 10 Game Bar: The Windows 10 game bar may not work in Fullscreen Mode. Affected players who wish to use this feature should use Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
  • NumPad Binding: Players are not able to bind controls to most NumPad keys.
  • Screen Bounds on AZERTY Keyboards: Players may receive an incorrect key prompt when adjusting screen bounds on an AZERTY keyboard.
  • IME in Fullscreen: Players who are running Input Method Editors may encounter a black screen or delay when inputting characters in Fullscreen Mode. For the best experience, these players are encouraged to play in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Modes.
  • Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application.
  • Corporate and University Networks: Some players may be unable to play Destiny 2 on corporate or university networks. Players who encounter this issue must contact their IT department, to meet the connectivity standards outlined in our Network Troubleshooting Guide.

For the best experience, it is recommended that players update their drivers to their most recent versions, and accept any Windows updates that have yet to be applied before accessing the Destiny 2 on PC.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 22, 2017, 19:39 Prez

As someone who spent close to 1000 hours on the Borderlands series on PC, Destiny has always had my interest, even while the first was a console exclusive. I fully expect to get Destiny 2 and play the crap out of it since I've heard it likened to Borderlands many times by many people.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 21, 2017, 14:00 Darks

Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 23:31:
Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 22:42:
Has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with these idiots who get on the forums and bash others for their liking of a game. Its ridiculous. Some people are just lost little sheep and to be honest need to be bitch slapped from one end of the room to the other.

Honestly, I just sick and tired of all the control freaks and haters.

So you're saying people bash you because of you like Destiny 2? Well, that's just juvenile and churlish of them. That said, you shouldn't let what others say bother you. If there was anyone on this site who has experience with that it would be me.

This is not just about me Kx, this is about many here who happen to like playing games, but some asshat feels the need to pile on them just because they dont like how the games turned out or whatever doesn't suit them.

Some people here need to understand that just because a game doesn't meet their requirements that it doesn't matter to the rest of us who happen to enjoy these types of games.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

46. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 21, 2017, 10:31 Numinar

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 19:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 19:15:
What is causing the player number to drop like a rock?
Or is losing 2 million of your 3.5 mil peeps to be expected.
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/184839/morning-consolidation

Destiny 2 has imploded on the consoles, I have no idea why any self respecting PC gamer would touch this.

After 6 weeks of playing 6 hours a night some people ran out of things to do? Not bad! It's not PUBG. It's not designed for infinite replay.

Whats there is fun. Maybe if you like the poker-machine loot aspect of a snoozy clickfest in something like Diablo, well, lucky you that game is launched from the battle-net client as well.

After a month of playing (I missed the launch) I can get most my raids and other activities I like done in a couple of evenings. But that's cool. Plenty of other good games to play. I don't demand any of them entertain me for eternity either. This one does a damn good job of it, and that's on a little baby console. It's good value. Internet whingers are just exactly that.

45. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 21, 2017, 00:33 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:11:
Been trying to ignore Destiny 2 reviews etc, but after looking at the forums, I'm (-) close to pulling my pre-order.

I decided against putting money towards this title when I read about Activision's "inventive" new patent for matching noobs with vets to milk their playerbase further. Might yarrrr the single player portion, but they won't get a cent from me on any of their upcoming games.

44. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 22:42:
Has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with these idiots who get on the forums and bash others for their liking of a game. Its ridiculous. Some people are just lost little sheep and to be honest need to be bitch slapped from one end of the room to the other.

So you're saying people bash you because of you like Destiny 2? Well, that's just juvenile and churlish of them. That said, you shouldn't let what others say bother you. If there was anyone on this site who has experience with that it would be me.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

43. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:42 Darks

Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:17:
Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 17:35:
Piss off!!

No one gives a damn abut you or a crying ass bullshit.

Destiny 2 appears to trigger you. Why is that?

42. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:36 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:15:
Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 12:48:

Yes, you are out of the loop, so stop trying to troll.

Destiny 2 has already lost 78% of it's console player base, and there are several threads on Reddit comparing the game to No Man's Sky, with 1000's of comments each.

Yet here you are, championing the game. You work for Activision?

How do you get 78% loss when their peak was 3.4 million and was 1.5 million 2 days ago? I'm not the best at math but that is around 55% give or take.
Granted loosing that is bad, but 1.5 million players is nothing to sneeze at (OMG WoW lost 10 million subscribers and ONLY has 20 million left!!!).

And after going through the forums, it seems quite a few people are bitching about how they rushed through the game, and grinded the hell out of the end game.
But these are NOT your a-typical gamers. These are the min/max players that are typically found in top guilds, Diablo 3, etc.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

41. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:30 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:11:
Been trying to ignore Destiny 2 reviews etc, but after looking at the forums, I'm (-) close to pulling my pre-order.

I would. Let others deal with the day one/week/month shenanigans.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 21:14 Nuhauser

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 19:18:

Destiny 2 has imploded on the consoles, I have no idea why any self respecting PC gamer would touch this.

Why? I honestly could not be bothered to get through the beta but that's just because I found it boring.

39. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 21:11 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

38. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:17 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 17:35:
Piss off!!

No one gives a damn abut you or a crying ass bullshit.

Destiny 2 appears to trigger you. Why is that?

37. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:15 Kxmode

"Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file." That has to be the strangest error I've ever seen!  

36. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 19:18 JohnBirshire

35. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 19:15 RedEye9

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

34. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 18:07 Slick

necrosis wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:31:
Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:07:
It seems like a big list, but most of them are small issues for pretty niche setups.

This one, however Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application. is just freaking nuts.
Who the hell is using a controller in a FPS game on PC?

Actually, Destiny is probably the best-feeling FPS game I've ever played with a controller. Somehow they dialled the auto-aim assist shit juuust right so it's very satisfying, without feeling like you're being hand-held too much.

I'd consider it just to play the game from a couch with 110 FOV and 60 fps, 2 things which are currently impossible on console.

Also consider that the game is 90% PvE content (with co-op), so a controller is fine. I'm not really too stoked for the fucking 4v4 multiplayer zzzzzzzzzzzz. So using a quick-twitch KB+M setup isn't required most of the time.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

33. removed Oct 20, 2017, 17:35 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 22, 2017, 11:28.

32. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 16:45 Jagacademy

SabreT wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:29:

Please turn off you hatred tunnel vision for a second and read my post again. For me yes the game isn't worth playing ON CONSOLE as do 100's of thousands of PC gamers all waiting for the PC release.

There is no hatred, I'm just trying to make sense out of what you're saying. You're arguing that the reason the console playerbase has already declined by 78% is because they bought the console version, and then decided not to play it while they wait for the PC release. (literally your argument, and it makes zero sense)

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:55:
Like I said, it kills me when people like him are trying to tell other what we should be spending our money on, and when we do it and it doesn't fit into their way of thinking we are then labeled fan boys and so on.

People buying this trash is why these developers keep getting away with this crap.

31. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 15:55 Darks

SabreT wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:29:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:51:
SabreT wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:37:
If a better version of the game your playing is coming out a month later would you be grinding the inferior version
Ahh okay, so you DO admit that the game isn't even worth playing.

The only people I see defending this game are people who are waiting on their PC pre-order and haven't even played it yet.

Please turn off you hatred tunnel vision for a second and read my post again. For me yes the game isn't worth playing ON CONSOLE as do 100's of thousands of PC gamers all waiting for the PC release.

Trust me dude, theirs no talking to people like him. They cant see past their own stupidity.

Like I said, it kills me when people like him are trying to tell other what we should be spending our money on, and when we do it and it doesn't fit into their way of thinking we are then labeled fan boys and so on.

30. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 15:29 SabreT

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:51:
SabreT wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:37:
If a better version of the game your playing is coming out a month later would you be grinding the inferior version
Ahh okay, so you DO admit that the game isn't even worth playing.

The only people I see defending this game are people who are waiting on their PC pre-order and haven't even played it yet.

29. removed Oct 20, 2017, 15:23 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 20, 2017, 18:20.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo