Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The Dodgers winning the National League pennant sets the stage for a possible World Series matchup with the Yankees. As a native of Brooklyn and son of a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, I have a natural aversion to both of these teams, but recalling the heyday of the bums, this strikes me as the most classic possible version of the fall classic, in spite of the Cardinals historically being the best team in the NL. I suppose this means I'm rooting for the Yankees to win the AL pennant? I don't know, it doesn't feel right even to type that, but it seems to be the case. Baseball, like politics, can make for strange bedfellows.

Pennant-Winning Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Hacker vs Robots.
Stories: Hertfordshire NHS breath tests for smokers before surgery. Thanks Slashdot.
Bomb School Wasn’t for Lulu, but the C.I.A. Wishes Her the Best. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: Pollution linked to 9 million deaths worldwide in 2015, study says.
There's a Cave on the Moon Large Enough For a Future Colony. Discovered by astronaut Tintin.
Dogs Pay Attention to Your Looks. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: StarCrafts Season 5 Ep 25 The Fall (part 1).
Cosmic Discovery: A Kilonova has been seen 4 the first time.
Saving An Iguana Four Miles Offshore.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 21:15 RedEye9

That's one lucky Iquana.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 19:42 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:18:
Whoa! Holy shit! One of our CF-18s just blasted over my house. Goddamn it was loud and he was booking it. He must have been coming out of CFB Boden. Whoa, even as I'm typing this another one just roared by. I know this might not be unusual for those of you in the US, but it's unusual here in the extreme!

Edit: Whoa either another one just went by or one of them is circling. It was pretty low and goddamn they are just monstrously loud, had to plug my ears. I wonder what's going on.

You should be worried. I understand that those CF-18s are in pretty long in the tooth and might start falling out of the sky at any moment. That's why Trudeau is looking to acquire Australian F-18s, as they purchase Super Hornets and F-35s.

A couple days ago I was walking to work when I heard a massive roar. A couple of F-22s had just taken off and we're accelerating pure vertical into the sky. There's a squadron based several miles away. On Memorial day I was headed to the beach when they flew a missing man formation right over the highway at 1000 feet. Very loud but very cool.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 18:52 Mr. Tact

Whoa! Holy shit! One of our CF-18s just blasted over my house. Goddamn it was loud and he was booking it. He must have been coming out of CFB Boden. Whoa, even as I'm typing this another one just roared by. I know this might not be unusual for those of you in the US, but it's unusual here in the extreme!

Edit: Whoa either another one just went by or one of them is circling. It was pretty low and goddamn they are just monstrously loud, had to plug my ears. I wonder what's going on.
You should try B1-Bs doing touch and gos at full throttle. I assume you'd damage your hearing on the flight line if you were not wearing protection.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:49 ledhead1969

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:25:
Every Fox executive tonight is praying to Wall Street that it'll be Yankees-Dodgers.

CNBC isn't? De Blasio isnt? Eric Garcetti isn't? Rahm in Chicago isn't hoping for a miracle? I wonder what they all have in common...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:39 mch

They're finally coming for you.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:25 Creston

Every Fox executive tonight is praying to Wall Street that it'll be Yankees-Dodgers.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:21 Creston

KIM JONG UN IS COMING!!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:18 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:14 jdreyer

Lulu was like, you want me to do what?? F that!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:13 jdreyer

There's a Cave on the Moon Large Enough For a Future Colony

31 miles long? You could hold a marathon on the moon!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 13:03 Pigeon

Well the Astro's batting seems to have disappeared, so it'll probably happen. Maybe they can get re-energized playing back home, but they really should have taken one in New York.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo