Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 16:43 Orogogus

It's Stardock's version that doesn't use the original races, out of respect for the original designers' intent to come back to them some day.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Orogogus wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 13:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 13:11:
*EDIT* "Oh yeah the original guys can't use any names/races from the orgiginal, because of our license! Our bad, dawgs!"

Huh? The original guys are totally using the names and races from the original games (except the actual name "Star Control," I think).

Oh? My mistake then, I thought that last story about the Star Control games said the original team could NOT use the original races, for some licensing reason. Or is it the Stardock version not using the original races? See, I am confused.

2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 13:18 Orogogus

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 13:11:
*EDIT* "Oh yeah the original guys can't use any names/races from the orgiginal, because of our license! Our bad, dawgs!"

Huh? The original guys are totally using the names and races from the original games (except the actual name "Star Control," I think).

1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 13:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully this ends up being a good game, but talk about some needlessly confusing licensing bullshit.

"We have the license, and are making a game true to the original, but the original guys are over here, making a sequel to the first sequel, because the third game was bad, yeah...but we're all friends so it's cool."

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo