Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mafia on GOG.com

Mafia is now available on GOG.com, offering the first game in the crime series, DRM-free. Word is this includes the original soundtrack, but the licensed tracks are gone due to licensing restrictions. There was a good deal of demand for this, as over 10,000 now-happy users included it on the GOG community wishlist. Word is: "Originally released in 2002, Mafia is a love letter to an era of big band and zoot suits. Its attention to minute detail brings a world to life in ways all but unmatched since, and that's enough of a reason to revisit this absolute classic – now fully compatible with modern computers, only on GOG.com."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 17:55 Squirmer

See here for restoring the original music: https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music/post1

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 17:31 MeanJim

Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 11:55:
Really great news! Lighter

Iirc, the drm was a problem and this will surely help with stability. I'm guessing someone will make a mod/folder with all the old songs to be added in the drm free version at GOG. I've got the disks and Steam version, both with the old music.

When Rockstar pulled the music from Steam versions of GTA: SA, it didn't take long for someone to put up a diff patch that added back the removed content.

Luckily I had it installed at the time (and I also have the pre-hot coffee patch disk version), so it was on my backup drive. I just compared the "updated" version to my backup version and made a backup of the changed files. I doubt I will ever play it again, but if I do, it'll be nice to know I have the full game.

That still pisses me off that they removed it from every version. When they removed songs from one of the other games, it was only removed for people that purchased it after the date of the license expiring. It doesn't seem like what they did should even be legal since previous owners still have a license to use the un-molested version.

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 15:51 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 15:29:

Iirc, the drm was a problem and this will surely help with stability. I'm guessing someone will make a mod/folder with all the old songs to be added in the drm free version at GOG. I've got the disks and Steam version, both with the old music.
Yeah I hate these licensing agreements. Once the music is in the game, it should be illegal to remove it. It breaks the artistic vision.
I hear they are removing Vangelis from the original Blade Runner and they're also gonna colorize the beginning of "The Wizard of Oz"

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

3. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 15:29 jdreyer

Yeah I hate these licensing agreements. Once the music is in the game, it should be illegal to remove it. It breaks the artistic vision.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 Acleacius

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

1. Parking Garage... Oct 19, 2017, 10:04 Jagacademy

In 35+ years of gaming, the parking garage gun battle is still the best I've ever experienced in any game.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo