Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Gunnar and I had our buddy Jedi the Korean Jindo dog over for a little adventure in puppy-sitting yesterday. He's a very active guy, so it was a little madcap trying to keep up with him when things got boring (the Gunnar-man, being an older gentleman, tends to laze around a bit), but we kept him out of trouble. He eventually calmed down, and at one point decided he wanted to cuddle in my lap. This was a treat for me, since neither Gunnar nor the late-great Hudson the wonder dog were ever very cuddly dogs. Jedi is, however, and he mushed with me that way for well over an hour, eventually falling into a contented sleep. Some dogs would be jealous of this scene, but Gunnar was perfectly fine watching this from the comfort of his bed. I read his approach to this as "better him than me" sort of relief.

Relieved Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Car Parking: Real 3D Simulator.
Stories: HBO Chief On "Game of Thrones" Prequels Status. Spring is coming?
Yes, British F-35 engines must be sent to Turkey for overhaul.
Science: Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, study finds. Thanks Slashdot.
When you die you know you are dead: Major study shows mind still works after the body shows no signs of life.
Alarm over decline in flying insects.
Media: Why California's Musical Road Sounds Terrible.
Wheel of Future History (NSFW).
Guy sneezes look what happens.
Follow-up: Sugar and cancer: Belgium scientists clarify the Warburg effect.
The Funnies: Coffee Life.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 20:03 RedEye9

I gotta call bullshit on this article about the most popular fast food chain in your state. There are a total of 35 In-N-Out's in Texas, all along IH-35 and not a single one in the 4th largest city in the US, Houston. we got a problem
I bet Chick-Fil-A is also the winner in the Lone Star State.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 19, 2017, 19:44 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 18:01:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 13:48:
Sugar and cancer: Belgium scientists clarify the Warburg effect.

Time to treat sugar like cigarettes.

I quit refined sugar ages ago. All I use is raw unpasteurized honey or raw cane sugar like Sucanat which actually has health benefits to using.

I get honey from a local beekeeper in the area who I grew up with, beeswax chunks and all. love it. Been using sugar in the raw for a long while, but honestly there arent many things I eat that I add sugar to anymore. Not even with coffee, which I drink black now. Never heard of "Sucanat" but it is one vowel away from "Sucanut" so I guess it couldn't be all that bad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 18:48 KS

Stupid brain article, not even such, just a 30 second blather with no details. This is why they call it brain death rather than relying on the heart stopping for the last 50 years.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 18:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 13:48:

I quit refined sugar ages ago. All I use is raw unpasteurized honey or raw cane sugar like Sucanat which actually has health benefits to using.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10. Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, study finds. Oct 19, 2017, 14:42 SlimRam

One less thing I have to worry about.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 13:49 jdreyer

HBO Chief On "Game of Thrones" Prequels Status. Spring is coming?

Well, they're prequels so, Fall is coming?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 13:48 jdreyer

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 13:47 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 13:25:
That insect thing happened in Germany, we are safe here.

Yeah, that was depressing. Skull

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 13:45 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:08:
It's all well and good that they want to sit in your lap... until years later they don't understand they are 50lbs plus, and you're sterile.

I have the solution.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 13:25 RedEye9

That insect thing happened in Germany, we are safe here.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 12:56 Cutter

Well if you can hear things than you're not really dead yet. Brain death is final death. Your heart can stop but there's still oxygen in your system and when your brain uses up the last of that it's game over, man, game over. That's a pretty outrageous piece of clickbait seeing as it's the claim of one doctor based on a few heart attack victims who were revived. I imagine for the overwhelming majority of people its virtually instantaneous whether it's from trauma, disease, or old age.  

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 11:20 Hoop

Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness
Well Trump blew that one out of the water.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:54 Primalchrome

LOL. Our weimaraner learned early on that the fastest place to get anywhere was across Mom's lap. While it was cute at 5 pounds....it was an ordeal at 85.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 The Half Elf

It's all well and good that they want to sit in your lap... until years later they don't understand they are 50lbs plus, and you're sterile.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo