Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Preloads

Blizzard announces that preloads are now available for those who have preordered Destiny 2. This should provide ample time to prepare for the launch of Bungie's shooter sequel, which is destined for October 24th. Here's the plan:

Destiny 2 goes live on PC globally starting October 24, and you can play exclusively through Blizzard Battle.netģ. If you havenít already, you can pre-purchase Destiny 2 right now through the Blizzard Shop. After pre-purchasing, you can preload the game now so you can dive right into the action as soon as the game goes live. For more information on the PC launch, check out Bungieís post.

Destiny 2 will go live globally October 24 at 10am PDT (1pm EDT; October 25 at 4am AEDT / 6am NZDT). If you'd like to see what time the game will go live in your region, check out the map below. For additional time zone assistance, please visit timezoneconverter.com.

INSTALLATION AND PLAY INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, if you haven't already, and launch it.
Step 2: Log in with the Blizzard account you used to pre-purchase Destiny 2 for PC.
Step 3: Click the "Destiny 2" icon, located on the left-hand side of the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
Step 4: Select your region from the drop-down menu, then click Install to begin the installation process.
Step 5: On October 24, once the game is installed, click Play to begin!

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Here is what you will need to run Destiny 2 on PC:

Recommended Specs
CPU: Intel - Intel Core i5-2400 3.4 GHz or i5 7400 3.5 GHz; AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X 3.6 GHz
GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB; AMD - Radeon R9 390 8GB
RAM: 8GB

Minimum Specs
CPU: Intel - Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz; AMD - FX-4350 4.2 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB; AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 6GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit (Recommended)
Hard Drive Space: 68GB available hard drive space

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 20, 2017, 01:29 Slick

KS wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 20:24:
I did not preorder and it started downloading anyway, so I stopped it.

Wait WHAT?

Also, my summary of the rest of this nonsense thread (if you notice I started talking about D2, it was some other witch who decided to haunt me):

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - George Bernard Shaw

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 20:24 KS

I did not preorder and it started downloading anyway, so I stopped it.  

27. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 18:56 Darks

Devinoch wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 16:20:
It's sort of hilarious to watch the two sides of this run at each other and pay zero attention to the matter at hand.

I preordered Destiny 2 for PC. I liked the first one. I've got a good number of friends who are also coming to the second, and I've heard mostly good things about it thusfar. Is that a guarantee of quality? Absolutely not. But hey, Bungie's an independent developer, and I like supporting those, especially when they get big making (generally) good games.

Ill go with this argument, this is generally how I feel, and I'm all about Coop games. So if its got Coop, im always on board.

Dont really care if its a grind fest or not. What game isn't these days especially MMOs

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

26. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 16:20 Devinoch

It's sort of hilarious to watch the two sides of this run at each other and pay zero attention to the matter at hand.

I preordered Destiny 2 for PC. I liked the first one. I've got a good number of friends who are also coming to the second, and I've heard mostly good things about it thusfar. Is that a guarantee of quality? Absolutely not. But hey, Bungie's an independent developer, and I like supporting those, especially when they get big making (generally) good games.

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

25. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 14:43 Tipsy McStagger

I have a bungie fanatic in my office that books a month off whenever they release a new game (he's a console fanboy.. that's ok by me)

He just came back and said "Bungie fucked this up, it's such a horrible grind fest, I didn't think they could make the 2nd one worse than the first one but they definitely did and its nowhere near as fun "

So that's his opinion but that opinion from a blinded fanboy who I've argued with a lot about bungie games that when he says its bad, I feel like I should steer clear.

24. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 12:05 SimplyMonk

Slick wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:35:
NOBODY has given me a counter on 2 points:

1) RNG drops have been a part of gaming since gaming's inception

2) Convenience shortcuts have been around for a decade and no one has even blinked.

But for some reason when you combine them together it's the shit storm of the century.

Well, if I can take a crack at it...

(1) Yes. RNG based loot mechanics have been a thing in videos games for ages and sometimes just being lucky on a drop can give you a huge advantage in a competitive setting but it is usually a temporary situation until the RNG balances out for the community as a whole and everyone gets the same drop.

(2) Convenience short cuts are generally acceptable as a revenue source for a developer. You are directly trading cash for time in the form of XP gain bonuses, quicker collection unlocks (Card Games/Heroes), or energy refills.

For me, the issue in combining the too is you are turning a core game mechanic, that over time is supposed to be a level playing field, into a revenue stream. Doing so, although not always problematic, puts the developer in a position where they would be encouraged to make the hidden RNG loot mechanics very unfavorable to customers that don't participate in the convenience shortcuts. Key examples of this would be any of the old Pay-2-Win Facebook or mobile game such as Mafia or Rage of the Bahamut. You are literally put at a disadvantage that would take hundreds of hours to close the gap versus people willing to drop a few hundred dollars on the game.

There are many degrees of P2W aspects of any game, but the old P2W Facebook games were the most egregious examples of that as their player base was fairly new to these concepts and more susceptible to manipulation. Probably a key reason a lot of these games have fallen off is due to their player base becoming more savvy.

Now, we can discuss specific examples of convenience shortcuts being used in loot/gear based game systems, but in general it puts a large amount of doubt in the player's mind that the developer isn't making things restrictive just for the purpose of driving revenue. Whether as specific implementation is fair or not is largely subjective and people that don't like it will complain and those that do will defend it.

It is almost pointless to discuss fairness in any such system as there are a ton of factors about the player and the game itself that can influence it and even the game's performance itself can't be a reliable indicator as it has a comparable number of complicated variables.

My biggest gripe if you are going to combine these two concepts is the lack of information. If you are going to sell a way to get loot give me all the details. What is the base drop chance? What is the bundle's drop chance? What are all the items in the bundle and what are their distribution? This is why the only "loot crate" games I play and spend money on are ones that make their drop rates and crate inventories explicit or allow players to trade the items gained.

23. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 10:35 Slick

SabreT wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 08:09:
My god your full of yourself Slick. Whatís the point of debating something and then shiting over any credibility you have with that disgusting attitude. Everything you said could have been correct, but it doesnít mean jack if your words are considered garbage. As a 3rd party reading this discussion Iím automatically on the other side just so that Iím not agreeing with a person like you.

Well, I should make a point for the record, as a 3rd party you might not know that this bitch has been hounding me for a week on this topic. And intentionally misunderstanding what I'm saying then demagoguing me, painting me as a villain. So that's what I'm up against. I know simply stating this fact (if you care to read it up for yourself in past threads) will probably just paint me as more of a villain for even "talking like that". That's a little trick that people with nothing but poison in their hearts use against their opponents, they can act so abhorrent towards you, that even the act of describing what just happened to you in any detail makes you sound like an asshole. It's very cute, but only works on weak minds.

NOBODY has given me a counter on 2 points:

1) RNG drops have been a part of gaming since gaming's inception

2) Convenience shortcuts have been around for a decade and no one has even blinked.

But for some reason when you combine them together it's the shit storm of the century. We haven't even gotten to a debate yet, as we can't even seem to agree on what the fuck the topic is, or what the facts are. By just stating the above 2 facts is MORE than enough to get my critics riled into a right froth and start rending my words meaningless.

You tell me what I'm to make of it? And I should better defend myself against constant attacks? I'm all ears.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

22. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 10:19 Slick

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 09:10:
Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

I've been bored out of my mind looking for new games to play, what are you referring to that is coming out this season?

Started South park today, pretty stoked, but it's a very mellow buzz, I can't wait to get back into the skies as a Starfighter in the new Battlefront for some adrenaline. That and the new Assassins Creed which looks like it's the first open-world they've done properly.

And JESUS CHRIST. Don't you love my band of groupies or what? They just can't help themselves! They're doing backflips into a mosh pit trying to figure out who can obfuscate the best ^_^ I type concise well-composed sentences, and I LITERALLY get guttural noises in response.

Such a swamp this forum has become. And I'm starting to feel like Yoda alone in the wet, hoping some Padawan will come carry the torch so some light can still permeate through these synthetic wetlands... cause I'm about to fucking up and die in this bitch. LOL

21. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 10:01 Darks

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 09:48:

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

I've been bored out of my mind looking for new games to play, what are you referring to that is coming out this season?

South Park, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed (and that's just in the last/next 2 weeks).

Dont forget the Murdering of Orks game Shadows of Mordor, and that crappy game Elex. Gawd awful. But Destiny 2 is what I'm really looking forward to. and Assassins Creed Origins on the 27th.

20. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 09:48 The Half Elf

South Park, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed (and that's just in the last/next 2 weeks).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

19. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 09:10 Jagacademy

18. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 08:47 Luke

Slick wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 01:03:
It's a simple challenge of intellectual honesty. If you can't take me up on it, you simply aren't thinking clearly and have other motivations regarding your attacks towards me.

I can summarize your point of view in a way that you would agree with. I don't think you could do the same to me.

Zzzzzzzz..hmmpp....Zzzzzzz...grunt....grunt..Zzzzzzzzz

17. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 08:18 Darks

Verno wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 07:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 21:54:
Grindfest.... said the guy defending Battlefront II and Star Cards.
You're funny.

There is no EA game slick will not defend to the death, hes either an employee or was kidnapped at a young age and has been indoctrinated.

EA could employ child labor and Slick would say 'You guys didn't complain when Activision did it!'.

Just understand that when you interact with him, you're essentially talking to an EA twitter bot

LMAO!!!

Good one Verno!!

16. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 08:09 SabreT

My god your full of yourself Slick. Whatís the point of debating something and then shiting over any credibility you have with that disgusting attitude. Everything you said could have been correct, but it doesnít mean jack if your words are considered garbage. As a 3rd party reading this discussion Iím automatically on the other side just so that Iím not agreeing with a person like you.  

15. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 07:58 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 21:54:
Grindfest.... said the guy defending Battlefront II and Star Cards.
You're funny.

There is no EA game slick will not defend to the death, hes either an employee or was kidnapped at a young age and has been indoctrinated.

EA could employ child labor and Slick would say 'You guys didn't complain when Activision did it!'.

Just understand that when you interact with him, you're essentially talking to an EA twitter bot

Playing: Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, Vermintide 2
Watching: Annihilation, The Quiet Place, A Dark Song

14. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 01:03 Slick

It's a simple challenge of intellectual honesty. If you can't take me up on it, you simply aren't thinking clearly and have other motivations regarding your attacks towards me.

I can summarize your point of view in a way that you would agree with. I don't think you could do the same to me.

13. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:48 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:07:
Step one: pre-order

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.
LOL
But Step 1, really?
Whatever you do half-elf, don't challenge him to an iq test, not even the dotus would do something that dumb. o wait

That's the thing... High IQ doesn't equal common sense. And like Trump, it's this egotistical narcissism thing that people do when they get caught in some sort of bullshit lie/moment/whatever, which results in a a-typical fight or flight response.

I'd expect the next comment would be a measure of dick sizes, or who's dad could beat up who.

*starts taking up tin foil hat origami*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

12. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:28 Slick

#Sad

Was my challenge too frightening? Hardly an IQ test.

If being consciously aware that you're being intellectually dishonest is reason enough to flee from a conversation, then I think it's pretty obvious the person has little to offer of value in civil conversation.

I'll leave the invitation open. I could detail Elf's position in a way they would agree with. They couldn't return the favour.

11. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:19 RedEye9

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:07:
Step one: pre-order

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.
LOL
But Step 1, really?
Whatever you do half-elf, don't challenge him to an iq test, not even the dotus would do something that dumb. o wait

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2017, 22:36.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

10. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:17 The Half Elf

Slick,
Welcome to ignore.
Enjoy your stay.

I win.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo