Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2017, 07:20 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:33:
I "routinely" win internet discussions using that method. I'm guessing you definitely need this one so I'll let you have it.
lighten up francis

All I see you doing is reposting others crap and tossing out cereal box opinions. If thats routinely winning then NKD is probably happy to lose.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2017, 07:17 Redmask

He was the problem child who was failing out. So not the sharpest tool in the shed.

That's what is really fucked up about this, that kid was clearly in distress and needed a role model or mentor. I hope she gets a serious sentence and not just a slap on the wrist.

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2017, 07:14 Beamer

NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 00:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 23:17:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:11:
Just as I thought, nothing. But thanks for verifying that for me.
You did leave an out by using the word routinely so it's perfectly ok to admit that you can't find anything to back up your statement.

So what I'm getting here is that you want me to ask you for citations for every single claim you make in every post you make until the end of time? And then when you waste your time posting links, I can say they aren't good enough? Do you want me to do this retroactively, or just from now on?

I'm not clear on when we switched to only being able to say things that were literal quotes from a peer reviewed journal. You sure as fuck don't post by those rules.

If it wasn't related to death/suicide then cite whatever you want. But if you are going to make such a bold claim about the subject matter, then YES PLEASE, do cite reliable factual studies to back them up.

I wasn't aware that teenagers killing themselves over relationship drama was a bold claim.

But that wasn't your claim. You said teenage boys kill themselves because teenage girls are cruel. That's a much more specific claim, with much more pointed blame, than "teenagers kill themselves over relationship drama."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2017, 00:05 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 23:17:
You did leave an out by using the word routinely so it's perfectly ok to admit that you can't find anything to back up your statement.

So what I'm getting here is that you want me to ask you for citations for every single claim you make in every post you make until the end of time? And then when you waste your time posting links, I can say they aren't good enough? Do you want me to do this retroactively, or just from now on?

I'm not clear on when we switched to only being able to say things that were literal quotes from a peer reviewed journal. You sure as fuck don't post by those rules.

If it wasn't related to death/suicide then cite whatever you want. But if you are going to make such a bold claim about the subject matter, then YES PLEASE, do cite reliable factual studies to back them up.

I wasn't aware that teenagers killing themselves over relationship drama was a bold claim.

Any information you find on why teens commit suicide is going to list a breakup or other relationship issues as a prime reason. And boys die from suicide at a rate 4 times higher than girls.

Many of us probably knew kids personally in high school who attempted suicide. I know at least one guy who attempted suicide myself. His girlfriend lied and said she was pregnant and he was certain his religious parents were going to disown him and he wouldn't get to go to whatever fancy college he was planning on going to. As I recall, (I didn't really keep in touch), everything turned out okay in the end, but that's not always the case.

If I suspected what I said would surprise so many people I'd have lead with the links, and more. I just assumed everyone knew.

Guess it's not as bad as Kxmode insisting the Sun is #FAKENEWS

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 23:17 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:33 RedEye9

I "routinely" win internet discussions using that method. I'm guessing you definitely need this one so I'll let you have it.
lighten up francis

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:16 NKD

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:11 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:05:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:57:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:51:
teenage girls ...routinely drive boys to suicide.
SOURCE?

You're a literate human being unlike some folks around here, so I'm sure you can Google some research on teenage suicides, and how common it is for some girl-based drama to be the reason some guy tries to kill himself.
Just as i thought.

You really want me to hold your hand for you? Okay. Here are some links about why teens kill themselves.

One
Two
Three

And here are some statistics.

One
Two

Let me know if you need the audiobook version or the special "Cutter Edition" which boils it down to just the headers.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:10 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:59:

In fairness, none of those links say teenage girls are notoriously cruel and routinely drive teenage boys to suicide..

Well yeah, I wasn't directly quoting any particular study. That's just my editorialized understanding of what teenagers are up to these days, based on the available material. It's not like anyone puts citations at the bottoms of their posts.

25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:59 Beamer

NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:12:
SOURCE?

You're a literate human being unlike some folks around here, so I'm sure you can Google some research on teenage suicides, and how common it is for some girl-based drama to be the reason some guy tries to kill himself.
Just as i thought.

You really want me to hold your hand for you? Okay. Here are some links about why teens kill themselves.

One
Two
Three

One
Two

Let me know if you need the audiobook version or the special "Cutter Edition" which boils it down to just the headers.

In fairness, none of those links say teenage girls are notoriously cruel and routinely drive teenage boys to suicide. Teenagers do tend to commit suicide due to relationship concerns, but I'd wager less of it is due to someone being cruel and more of it is due to someone being fragile. The ones committing suicide aren't being treated poorly, the concern is they aren't being noticed at all.

However, I'd also agree teenage girls tend to commit suicide due to treatment by teenage girls. Teenager cruelty and bullying doesn't cross gender all that much, relatively.

-------------

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:12 NKD

SOURCE?

Just as i thought.

One
Two
Three

One
Two

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:05 RedEye9

SOURCE?

Just as i thought.

Nullity's Law

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:02 NKD

SOURCE?

You're a literate human being unlike some folks around here, so I'm sure you can Google some research on teenage suicides, and how common it is for some girl-based drama to be the reason some guy tries to kill himself. The reverse is also true, though girls succeed in killing themselves less often than boys. (Girls make twice the attempts, but boys die at four times the rate.)

Teenagers are malicious little balls of chaos who turn on each other at the slightest provocation.

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:57 RedEye9

SOURCE?

Nullity's Law

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:51 NKD

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:13:

Perhaps the teenage version of me was a hornball who would've jumped at anything but I'm glad I was never put in that situation with a teacher. It's not a decision you should have to make. As RedEye said, before people laugh they should consider their reaction if this was their teenage daughter and a male teacher.

Teenage me didn't have a teenage daughter and wouldn't have given a fuck. All I thought about then was video games and getting laid with anything above a 3. As far as being messed up emotionally, it's my experience that a teenage boy is far more likely to get fucked up emotionally by banging a teenage girl than by an adult woman, seeing as how the former are notoriously cruel and routinely drive boys to suicide.

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:44 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:13:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:03:
Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:47:
That would be rape.

But if a woman does it HUBBAHUBBA GOTTA UNWRAP MY DONGHOSE FROM MY SHOULDER AND GET ME DAT ASS. Or something.

Yeah, it's a double-standard, but that's just how it is. Teenage boys are animals, all but humping the air as they walk around like an un-snipped dog. Plus, most are already physically as large as or even towering over the teaching staff in high school... If there's an affair with Ms. Krabapple, you can be pretty sure it was by his choice.
Studies show that women are just as horny as men, but culturally, socially, and physically they have a lot more to lose.

Also, it's always the adult's choice.

I always find it amazing how many people don't realize women are just as into sex as men. I'm not talking about a single poster in this thread, but it's fun going to the occasional reddit thread and seeing some guy discussing how unfair his love life is and see the main misunderstanding he has is that women don't like sex and men have to pursue it. Women like sex. Women want sex. Sex is fun for everyone!

But yes, when it's a child and a teacher it's rape and it's the adult responsible.

-------------

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:13 Verno

Yeah, it's a double-standard, but that's just how it is. Teenage boys are animals, all but humping the air as they walk around like an un-snipped dog. Plus, most are already physically as large as or even towering over the teaching staff in high school... If there's an affair with Ms. Krabapple, you can be pretty sure it was by his choice.

He may consent physically but we deem him unfit mentally to do so with an adult, depending on the age of consent in an area. There is a significant power differential in the relationship between teacher and student, that's why gender should be unimportant. A teenage male can be just as messed up emotionally by something like this. Instead of acknowledging that though we laugh it off with false machismo and posturing.

Perhaps the teenage version of me was a hornball who would've jumped at anything but I'm glad I was never put in that situation with a teacher. It's not a decision you should have to make. As RedEye said, before people laugh they should consider their reaction if this was their teenage daughter and a male teacher.

Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:13 jdreyer

That would be rape.

But if a woman does it HUBBAHUBBA GOTTA UNWRAP MY DONGHOSE FROM MY SHOULDER AND GET ME DAT ASS. Or something.

Studies show that women are just as horny as men, but culturally, socially, and physically they have a lot more to lose.

Also, it's always the adult's choice.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:09 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:32:
Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 12:48:
I don't know, I find this sort of male posturing bizarre. You would want a socially stunted sexual predator? The kind of person who thinks its ok to party with and sleep with your kids as a 30 year has some serious problems. Yeah that kind of person could do no mental harm to young people at all. Read about what the kid was doing while this was going on in the article.

As a parent I don't want this kind of person anywhere near teenagers, male or female.

Even as a gay guy, I would know better then to fuck it up by taking pictures/bragging/logging about it.
You don't fuck with a good thing!

Who the fuck taught these kids?!?
He was the problem child who was failing out. So not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:09 Creston

HUBBAHUBBA GOTTA UNWRAP MY DONGHOSE FROM MY SHOULDER AND GET ME DAT ASS.

Marshawn?

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo