Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I went for a dental cleaning yesterday and was shown that one of my front teeth is wobbly. We discussed the issue and the range of treatment options, and I have another appointment for a few weeks to see where this goes. The cause was unclear to the dentist, but I've figured out that my last dental work changed my bite slightly, and it's how the upper tooth meets the lower tooth now that's pushing the upper one when I bite down. I don't know if or how this may affect my treatment, but I'm hoping it somehow is good news. Either way, at least the why this happened is no longer a mystery.

R.I.P.: Tragically Hip's Gord Downie dead at 53.
R.I.P.: 'Project Runway' fashion designer Mychael Knight dies.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Super Scary Stacker.
Push Puzzle.
Story: Fincher 'Almost' Directed The "Deadwood" Pilot.
Images: Dead 2017 pop culture trends are laid to rest in this art teacher's front lawn.
Media: 100% - Epic NPC Man - VLDL (one hundred percent side quest completionist).
Long Story Short - I Went to a Movie Theater.
Sad songs made happy: The amazing art of turning minor-key songs major. Thanks Boing Boing.
Follow-up: Officers fired over removal of United passenger.
The Latest: Appeals court tosses award in talcum powder case.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 22:55 Kxmode

I watched The Dark Tower and found it to be an absolute mess, and likely one of the worst Stephen King-adapted films. I say that never having read The Dark Tower series of books.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 17:56 Slick

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:23:
I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

I know a few guys in the club lighting/sound engineer/production scene in TO. You still do that shit?

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 17:22 Hoop

So there are a number of large boats being quietly returned all around the US over the appeals court decision.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2017, 17:58.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 16:14 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:43:
I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

Already had this conversation about your taste in music Cutter (or lack of).

Did I ever mention I worked with Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo as well? Saw them back before they broke out and didn't think they were going anywhere either.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 15:43 The Half Elf

Already had this conversation about your taste in music Cutter (or lack of).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 13:25 jdreyer

Jedi.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 13:23 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

4. Re: Mychael Knight Oct 18, 2017, 11:59 RedEye9

DarkV wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 11:40:
Blue, did the dentist ask you "Is it safe" as you were in the chair?

If so...run like hell
https://youtu.be/kzw1_2b-I7A

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

3. Re: Mychael Knight Oct 18, 2017, 11:40 DarkV

Blue, did the dentist ask you "Is it safe" as you were in the chair?

If so...run like hell

2. Re: Mychael Knight Oct 18, 2017, 10:43 NKD

shul wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:18:
Died of IBS? that sounds strange...

I was gonna say, fatal IBS? Tthat sounds like a really shitty way to go.

Also, who is going to break the news to KITT?

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

1. Mychael Knight Oct 18, 2017, 10:18 shul

Died of IBS? that sounds strange...  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo