Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released

Get your ass to South Park, as Ubisoft announces the release of South Park: The Fractured But Whole, the new RPG starring the sweet loveable kids from the cartoon series. Yesterday's launch trailer offers a look, and the announcement is chock full of details, including word that the preorder offer of a bonus of a free copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth is extended to post-release, and is available through the end of January:

day, Ubisoft® and South Park Digital Studios announced that South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™ is now available on Playstation™4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and Windows PC. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and developed by Ubisoft San Francisco, The Fractured But Whole takes you back to South Park, as a new threat looms on the horizon. South Park: The Fractured But Whole is rated 18+.

In addition to the standard version, South Park: The Fractured But Whole will also be available in three special editions including the Gold Edition, Steelbook Gold Edition and Collector’s Edition. Created, written, voiced, and directed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park: The Fractured But Whole is authentic, interactive South Park at its finest – hilarious, outrageous, and a whole lot of fun. For a limited time, anyone who purchases South Park: The Fractured But Whole will receive the first game release, South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.*

With crime on the rise in South Park, the streets have never been more dangerous. As the sun sets on the quiet Colorado town, chaos reigns as the seedy underbelly of the city comes alive. The town needs new heroes to come to the rescue. Eric Cartman seizes the opportunity to save the town and create the best superhero franchise ever, Coon and Friends, with himself, The Coon, as the leader.

An all-new dynamic combat system offers new opportunities to manipulate time and space on the battlefield, and a revamped looting and crafting system gives you the freedom to develop and refine your powers as you progress through the game. Find loot hidden throughout the land and follow recipes to craft your own outrageous equipment to aid you in battle.

For more information about South Park: The Fractured But Whole, please visit southparkgame.com and for the latest on all Ubisoft games, please visit ubiblog.com

*Limited time gift with purchase expires on January 31st, 2018.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 18, 2017, 07:42 eRe4s3r

Nucas wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 03:33:
does anyone else tune out "comedy games" or is it just me?

i think it may be an inherent fault of mine, though. i realized tonight when i was browsing netflix that i never really seek out stand-up, 'funny' movies, etc. like i'll watch it if it's on and have a chuckle but in general i'd rather take in other things if given the choice.

Nah you are most definitely not alone, I love humor but a movie focused exclusively on it bores me to death. And games, well I never really grasped South Park humor so these games do nothing for me in that regard, they just crazy strange RPG's and for that I like them

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 18, 2017, 03:40 NKD

Nucas wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 03:33:

i think it may be an inherent fault of mine, though. i realized tonight when i was browsing netflix that i never really seek out stand-up, 'funny' movies, etc. like i'll watch it if it's on and have a chuckle but in general i'd rather take in other things if given the choice.

I'm similar. I enjoy my comedy mixed with other stuff. I don't really watch sitcoms or comedy movies. I used to watch a few of the classic 80s sitcoms as a child but mostly just because my parents were watching them.

I like funny games though. There's usually enough gameplay to keep the comedy from getting tired. Haven't been a big South Park watcher for a very long time though, so Fractured Butthole isn't really on the priority list.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

6. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 18, 2017, 03:33 Nucas

5. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 17:51 Slick

Reviews aren't as good as I'd hoped, but still good enough to play it. Maybe not immediately, but eventually.

I might get it if I think I can get it out of the way before Ass Cred drops in 10 days, then Battlefront a few weeks after that.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 16:32 Bard

UBISOFT... wait for bargain basement as you can bet it won't get to fully patched

3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 11:51 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:31:
maybe this will be the South Park version of Far Cry, with spears and prehistoric animals?

No, funny enough, Ubisoft actually said that this game would "make fun of the worst parts of far cry and watch dogs."

Apparently by "make fun of" they meant "have exactly the same grindy shit" as those two series.

2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:58 Tipsy McStagger

I was wrong, it isn't made by obsidian..

We'll see the reviews have to say..

1. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:31 Acleacius

Avoiding for now, ubicrap ware and denuvo, and most importantly no Obsidian. Games from ubi developers are a crap shoot it seems, maybe this will be the South Park version of Far Cry, with spears and prehistoric animals?  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo