Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ELEX Released

Frankie says ELEX!, as publisher THQ Nordic announces the release of ELEX, Piranha Bytes' new action/RPG set in space, where no one can hear your awesome mix tape cassette. The ELEX website has details on the game, and a can show the way to ordering a copy for Windows, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4. Here's the launch trailer, which was released yesterday, and here are some details on the game:

The day has come… ELEX is released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The RPG with a vast open world ties two popular settings together: Fantasy and Science Fiction. In the post-apocalyptic world of Magalan, players will encounter magic-using, sword-slinging Berserkers. Or Outlaws packed with shotguns, grenades and flamethrowers. And, of course, Clerics with their high-tech arsenal of laser weapons and giant War Mechs.

ELEX offers a huge, seamless open world, packed with quests and rewarding exploration opportunities. A deep character progression system allows players to create exactly the hero that they like.

Over three years in development, the next game from Piranha Bytes - the creators of the Gothic and Risen series - is finally here: ELEX!

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 21:09 Zoom

Gothic 2 was the better one IMHO (with full extensions indeed). That magic user path... that was really awesome. Lots of details in the world and NPC's showed they put a lot of effort in that game. Not so much with Risen 2 & 3
I really liked Risen but that game had a real slow start, though it accelerates after a while and start showing its strengths. The hand crafted island had a lot of interesting locations and stories.
I'll definitely wait on this one, this looks like another poor effort at first sight ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 06:43 yuastnav

Oh man I've started downloading this game and I'm pretty pumped. Gothic is the best video game in existence for me, forever. Much of it has to do with nostalgia etc. but it's how it is.

Gothic 2 was good but not as good. Gothic 2 with the Night of the Raven Add-On (remember when games used to have addons instead of dlcs and what not?) is almost as good as Gothic 1. Played both of these games more than 10 times, probably. Played Gothic 3 once. It was pretty mediocre.

Never finished Risen and didn't play Risen 2, except for the Alpha that you got a code for when you purchased the Risen special edition. It was Gothic, kind of, but it wasn't. I guess I wasn't in the mood to play that game back then. Almost finished Risen 3, though, when I played it a couple of years ago.

Finally they went a bit more sci-fi. Right up my alley. Looking forward to playing this. Part of the team may be gone but I'm hopeful that they still can make a good game. I think Gamestar called it their best video game to date.

21. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 00:33 Darks

JDR13 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 22:47:
I'm about 5 hours in now, and I think it's pretty good. It's a lot harder than Risen 2&3 which is a good thing imo. I've seen some reviewers say it's the best Piranha Bytes games since Gothic 2, and based on what I've seen so far I might agree with that.

You have some pretty low standards. the game is an absolute piece of shit. Bad voice overs, bad combat mechanics and the graphics engine is way out dated.

The Water looks like shit, and theirs some kind of haze in the game thats god awful. Risen 3 looks way better thin this crappy game and its made by the same people.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

20. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 00:32 Darks

JDR13 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:22:
Darks wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 12:48:
These scumbags are not allowing us to pre-load the game. what a bunch of dumb asses. nothing like vultures to the table at the last second.

Yeah, they must be scumbags because we couldn't preload.

Troll much?

Only idiots like you!

19. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 22:47 JDR13

I'm about 5 hours in now, and I think it's pretty good. It's a lot harder than Risen 2&3 which is a good thing imo. I've seen some reviewers say it's the best Piranha Bytes games since Gothic 2, and based on what I've seen so far I might agree with that.  

18. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 20:00 Caladell

Just watched this vid last night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTicsIK5umw

Thought it was summed up pretty well. I'm definitely interested. Not at full price though. After all, I own all of their games, and I enjoy them, but haven't finished a single one so far.

17. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 19:22 Heltorne

I agree with you 100% especicially about Piranha Bytes imperfect titles. It's become nauseating over the years reading people's clichecomments about how they suck and they compare everything to Gothic 2. Risen..etc..isn't *that* far off from Gothic 1 and 2 and are definitely way smoother to play with better controls.

The Elex trailers suck bad but after watching the actual gameplay videos the game looks fun as hell. I'm not sure how that doesn't look fun to a gamer or why they keep following Elex if they wrote it off due to it not being like Gothic 2 or "outdated" graphics..etc..months ago

16. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 19:10 Nate

That trailer does not impress.

Combat looks awful. Characters have plastic faces?

15. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 18:15 Quinn

What Risen and Risen 3 brought to the table is more "Gothic" than any other game managed to bring. I loved Risen 3's graphics a lot, the replayability was insane and that awesome armor/weapons idea never gets old: every faction gives you a completely different look and combat style.

Call my standards low. It means nothing. One guy loves tripple A action games that repeat the same formula over and over, the other loves ridiculously regressive indy shite, and I love epicly imperfect Piranha Bytes titles that bring with them a soul that I find lacking in any other games except The Witcher.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 18:10 Steele Johnson

metacritic is pretty funny right now. It's a mix of accounts used to give the game 10/10 and accounts used to give it 0/10 lol! Welcome to the world of fanboys and trolls.  

13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 15:38 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 15:17:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:54:
On the other hand, Gothic is still one of the best CRPGs ever made.
Gothic 2 fits more the description, but that is the past. As is the team which made both games. Past tense. Nowadays PB just copies the same old stuff, hoping to produce another game like Gothic 1 or 2 and they fail. Every time. Because no one there has a clue WHY those games were so popular.

^ all of this is so true it is not even funny (except Gothic > Gothic 2 )

Elex looks like another very mediocre (shitty tech/combat, nice world, crappy story/characters) RPG from PB. It's sales material for me for when I'm in the mood for a mediocre $10 PB RPG but until then there is tons of other actually decent stuff to play.

One huge positive note though: No fucking loot boxes and no season pass scam!

12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 15:17 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:54:
Gothic 2 fits more the description, but that is the past. As is the team which made both games. Past tense. Nowadays PB just copies the same old stuff, hoping to produce another game like Gothic 1 or 2 and they fail. Every time. Because no one there has a clue WHY those games were so popular.

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 14:54 Cutter

Kajetan wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:45:
Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:22:
Risen 3 is one of my favorite games of all times.
Your standards are low, VERY low.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 17, 2017, 14:45 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 14:22:
Risen 3 is one of my favorite games of all times.
Your standards are low, VERY low.

9. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 14:22 Quinn

I am just incredibly fucking excited! I never heard of this! This news is the first I've heard about the game and I'm a sick Risen / Gothic fan =D

There's something incredibly imperfect about all of their games, but I love them. Risen 3 is one of my favorite games of all times.

Can't wait to dig my proverbial fangs into this one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 14:22 JDR13

Darks wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 12:48:
These scumbags are not allowing us to pre-load the game. what a bunch of dumb asses. nothing like vultures to the table at the last second.

Yeah, they must be scumbags because we couldn't preload.

Troll much?

7. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 13:18 Cutter

Wow, did that trailer ever turn me off from buying the game. And that's why you don't hire marketing people who aren't gamers. Whoever thought that music was a good idea needs to be fired.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

6. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 12:48 Darks

5. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 11:34 yuastnav

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:
What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed

Hmm, I didn't know that many people have left. Björn Pankratz is still there. I'll really miss KaiRo, though.

4. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:36 Alamar

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:
What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed

Better, I hope...

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo