Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher Turning 10

The Witcher was first released on October 26, 2007, so the tenth anniversary of CD Projekt RED's RPG series is coming up next week. So happy birthday to Geralt of Rivia. CD Projekt cohorts GOG.com announce they are celebrating with an RPG sale, covering this series and some others. There's more celebration of the occasion, as for a couple of weeks we've been linking to a series of documentary videos from Noclip on YouTube with a look at the history of the series. Here's word on the sale:

60% off The Witcher 3 GOTY up to 85% off The Witcher games and more

Join us in celebrating 10 years of The Witcher game series, with deals on The Witcher games and more of our most beloved RPGs up to 85% off!

Hard to believe it's already been 10 years since we first saw the white-haired monster slayer stumble his way to Kaer Morhen and our hearts, but it's a well-known fact that time doesn't flow naturally for a Witcher.

Here's what's worth looking out for this week:

• Get 60% off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, the lowest price and biggest discount so far
  • Everything else The Witcher, including the original two games and all The Witcher 3 expansions from 50-85% off
  • Bethesda classics including Fallout and Fallout 2 (-50%), Fallout 3 and New Vegas (-40%), as well as The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Oblivion up to -40%
  • The Risen series from Piranha Bytes, creators of Gothic and ELEX, up to -80%

The sale on The Witcher games will last until October 25, 10 AM UTC. The remaining RPG deals will be available until October 23, 10PM UTC.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 17, 2017, 08:03 ForgedReality

christheshitter wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 18:41:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:36:
One of the best RPG series out there; I'd put Witcher 3 in contention for the best RPG.

Yea if you like combat where you only spamming one button.

That gets you killed on anything but the starter level enemies. I don't know why you'd intentionally limit your fun like that in the first place though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 17, 2017, 08:01 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 19:12:
Witcher 3 gets my vote as best CRPG of all time..so far.

Why limit it to CRPG? Best game ever made.

12. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 19:12 Cutter

Witcher 3 gets my vote as best CRPG of all time..so far.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

11. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 18:41 christheshitter

Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:36:
One of the best RPG series out there; I'd put Witcher 3 in contention for the best RPG.

Yea if you like combat where you only spamming one button.

10. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 17:04 MattyC

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:23:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:52:
While I get peoples gripes about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and Witcher 3..

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

I still loved #1 story.. Alvin you little bastard!

The story in Witcher 1 was excellent.

I agree with you on the story, but otherwise it could really use a mechanics update. That camera is freaking evil and while the AI can be amusing it ... doesn't exactly do what it is suppose to.

Either way congrats to CDPR for a great series!

https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/

9. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 15:09 MacLeod

Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:24:
I remember not being able to beat the first boss, the phantom dog, in Witcher 1. Had to restart and re-spec Geralt as a mage to better do it. I learned though. Ended up having a great time going through it a couple times. The game was clunky, but you could see how different it was and how much potential there was for more.

I hope they continue with that forward progression in their design.

That was the most bizarre fighting experience I had in that game... I had tried over and over (probably about 20 times) and couldn't do it.

Then fought it again in group style (which I had tried before), and beat the hound and all the barghasts in about 20 seconds. No clue what the difference was.

EDIT: Well, that and the fact that I somehow didn't understand the combat THE ENTIRE PROLOGUE. I thought it was click-hold wait-for-prompt and click-hold again. I was like this is really clunky. Then when I couldn't get past the barghasts attacking the girl, posted asking about it, and someone was like... it's just click-wait-click... yea... that made the game 100x easier. I like to think I was purposefully playing on hard-mode the entire beginning of the game. lol.

8. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 15:08 aka_STEVE

Good God !!! I've been playing Witcher games for 10 years...

Some of the finest RPG made during these times, good luck on another 10 & another 10 & etc....

7. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 13:24 Icewind

I remember not being able to beat the first boss, the phantom dog, in Witcher 1. Had to restart and re-spec Geralt as a mage to better do it. I learned though. Ended up having a great time going through it a couple times. The game was clunky, but you could see how different it was and how much potential there was for more.

I hope they continue with that forward progression in their design.

6. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 12:23 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:52:

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

The story in Witcher 1 was excellent. I kind of want to replay it to see the story again, but the systems are pretty damn rough. I wish CD Projekt had infinite money so they could just remake Witcher 1 and 2 in the engine of Witcher 3.

5. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 11:52 Tipsy McStagger

4. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 11:36 Pigeon

3. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 11:31 Wash Washburne

Number1

Awesome sauce!

2. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 10:59 Unknown Soldier

Such an incredible game. I will always have fond memories of it because of the wonderful atmosphere. They really did create their own world.  

1. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 Creston

:-cheer-:

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo