Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 08:32 Mr. Tact

WarPig wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 21:48:
The difference is that once a QB leaves the pocket like he did he's considered a runner and isn't afforded the normal protection a QB in the pocket is given.
True. However, even outside the pocket you are not allowed to hit the QB after he has thrown the ball. Now in this case it is a close call and I'm not sure you can definitively said it was or wasn't a late hit.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 02:36 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 19:52:
Cops in Dubai Are Getting Real, Very Dangerous Looking Hoverbikes.

That's great, now when someone is raped, they'll be able to catch and lock up the VICTIM even faster.

Seriously though, those things look insanely dangerous more than anything. Is there some particular reason they don't come with prop guards at least?

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 00:19 Orogogus

1badmf wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 23:53:
you know, i try to be a bigger person and look past stereotypes, but holy fuck at the made-in-chinaness of that space station. you would think they wouldn't half-ass something weighing several tons that would inevitably fall on people's heads.

As the end of the article points out, basically the exact same thing happened to our first space station, Skylab. They hoped to send it into the ocean near South Africa but ended up hitting Australia instead. I think at the time they estimated the odds of hitting someone to be 1:150, which seems hilariously poor for accidental homicide.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 23:53 1badmf

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:56:
If China has a sense of humor, they'll crash their space station on a US embassy somewhere and go "Oops! Our bad!"

you know, i try to be a bigger person and look past stereotypes, but holy fuck at the made-in-chinaness of that space station. you would think they wouldn't half-ass something weighing several tons that would inevitably fall on people's heads.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 21:48 WarPig

I remember several years ago that they really cracked down on late qb hits. Like if he'd released the ball, you had to look like you were avoiding the hit or be called for roughing. Are the more relaxed in calling this these days?

The difference is that once a QB leaves the pocket like he did he's considered a runner and isn't afforded the normal protection a QB in the pocket is given.

GO SEAHAWKS!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 20:56 Mr. Tact

So, I saw an article on what I was wondering about, what did the Obama administration know about the DEA bill.. Which basically translates to someone really fucked up. Someone should have known what the bill was doing and telling the president that prior to the bill being on the president's desk. No president should be signing any bill into law without someone who actually understands the legislation handing him a summary first. Now... yes, there can be "unforeseen" problems with some bills, but that was not the case here. The bill was specifically designed to defang the DEA.

I'm pretty sure Obama is to date, the most competent president during my lifetime, but this is an example of his administration having a basic failure.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 20:38 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:03:
I just finished watching the 60 Minutes segment from last night on the opioid epidemic -- *ugh* sometimes it feels like the US government is no more legitimate than Russia's. Absolutely incredible.
Agreed, greed breeds absolute evil

It is a must watch.
here it is
and here is the 60 minutes overtime web portion

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 19:52 bigspender

Cops in Dubai Are Getting Real, Very Dangerous Looking Hoverbikes.

That's great, now when someone is raped, they'll be able to catch and lock up the VICTIM even faster.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 19:38 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 16:49:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 16:00:
Coincidentally, I'm planning a vacation to Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Wakanda next year.
You should really check out Nambia while you're there.
Yeah, Nambia sounds nice. I should arrange a flight. And if I got injured I know I could rely on their good healthcare system to take care of me.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 19:33 Cutter

Blue wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:24:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:13:
Sucks for Rodgers coming from what is apparently a 'legal' late hit. I understand they don't want to discourage defenders from pursuing the QB, but I see that kind of hit a lot, and I know it's meant to intimidate QB's and physically shake them.

I dunno, I didn't like that at all. It seemed there was a clear beat after the ball left his hand, and the defender definitely made an effort to fall on Rodgers with his full weight. I've seen flags dropped on far cleaner hits than that. I'd be beside myself if I was a Packers fan.

Yeah, there goes the Packers season, sigh. I imagine it's hot in Wisconsin atm.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 16:49 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 16:00:
Coincidentally, I'm planning a vacation to Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Wakanda next year.
You should really check out Nambia while you're there.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 16:34 Hoop

Smart money should be pursuing the movie rights
What to, One flew over the cuckoo's nest?

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 16:00 jdreyer

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 15:51 jdreyer

[url=] to[/url]
Blue wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:31:
Primalchrome wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:27:
Broken collar bone. Sums my season up. Sigh.

Rodgers, Watt, OBJ... this has been a rough year for some of the very best players in the game.

Sucks for Rodgers coming from what is apparently a 'legal' late hit. I understand they don't want to discourage defenders from pursuing the QB, but I see that kind of hit a lot, and I know it's meant to intimidate QB's and physically shake them.

Losing Watt was bad, but we also lost two of our other big play makers on the defense. It's especially biting because now that we have a competent offense, our defense weak.
I remember several years ago that they really cracked down on late qb hits. Like if he'd released the ball, you had to look like you were avoiding the hit or be called for roughing. Are the more relaxed in calling this these days?

Also you would think with modern material science that they could make equipment that would better protect players.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 14:51 The Half Elf

I dunno, I didn't like that at all. It seemed there was a clear beat after the ball left his hand, and the defender definitely made an effort to fall on Rodgers with his full weight. I've seen flags dropped on far cleaner hits than that. I'd be beside myself if I was a Packers fan.

Psst Blue,
As a Cubs fan (actually the only reason I picked them is because they have a stadium I want to go to, and the longest non-World series record, and well Back to the Future II), you need to be patient.
Statistically speaking, the longer they suck, the better you'll feel when they actually win. Granted we'll all probably be dead by then and dinosaurs will re-rule the earth (chaos theory and all that), but it CAN happen (but probably won't because most of us are sane and realists), but I don't want to COMPLETELY dash your hopes and dreams, (more like decapitate them).

GOOD LUCK!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 14:36 Verno

I'm not watching much this season but I'm a big Rodgers fan so I checked out the footage. The ball left his hand a full second before hes hit and the defender was running straight at him so he would've been able to see it happen. I'm very surprised there was no flag on that. People have been flagged for a lot less.

Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 13:49 RedEye9

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:56:
If China has a sense of humor, they'll crash their space station on a US embassy somewhere and go "Oops! Our bad!"
Where it eventually spreads its debris is a complete unknown at this point.
China lost total control of that space station in 2016.

Nullity's Law

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 13:28 Beamer

Agreed. He hadn't committed to the tackle when the ball left his hand. Yeah, it's easier for me to discuss this and criticize it from the couch, but it seemed clear he'd never hit Rodgers when the ball was in his hand. I'm all for knocking the QB down, it's how the Giants beat the Patriots, but this seemed a split second too late to be defensible.

I'm probably wrong and cherry picking.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 13:24  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 13:13 Pigeon

Blue wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:31:
Primalchrome wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:27:
Broken collar bone. Sums my season up. Sigh.

Rodgers, Watt, OBJ... this has been a rough year for some of the very best players in the game.

Losing Watt was bad, but we also lost two of our other big play makers on the defense. It's especially biting because now that we have a competent offense, our defense weak.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo