Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2017, 08:23 Dev

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 21:51:
Good lord Dev, I was making a joke. Iím not blind to the gameís enormous growth. Almost makes me want to pick it up to see what the fuss is about, but itís the sort of game Iíd find frustrating, and with very little feeling of any accomplishment in.

Been balls deep in Factorio, which is an astonishing timesink.
Sorry, I didn't read it as a joke. My bad.

And yes, I agree, Factorio is an awesome game!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2017, 08:01 Retired

Quinn wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 04:36:
Last I played PUBG, the whole *feel* of the game was just as clunky and unpleasant as Day Z. The hype and success of the game is one huge mystery to me. I will never get to understand it, I am certain...

Hasn't felt like that in a LOOOOOONG time. I can't play DAYzzzzzzz. PUBG feels nothing like it.

Escape from Tarkov is more like Dayz. Slower reaction, not as snappy, but that is on purpose. More sim than arcade.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2017, 04:36 Quinn

Last I played PUBG, the whole *feel* of the game was just as clunky and unpleasant as Day Z. The hype and success of the game is one huge mystery to me. I will never get to understand it, I am certain...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2017, 03:28 MeanJim

YourNick wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 22:43:
Seems to me that the CS crowd is moving to PU Bat, the next new thing in realistic modern combat.

Realistic? Laugh Mwahaha Laugh2

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 16, 2017, 01:40 Mordecai Walfish

Just started playing through Cuphead with a buddy and it's been a ton of fun. Some hard freezes in the game a couple times, and controller vibration seems to like to turn itself on permanently sometimes requiring the game to be completely shut down to fix it. Besides that, awesome game and well worth the price.

The new Sonic game (Mania) is fucking awesome too. Best Sonic game I've ever played and it blows my mind that Sega couldn't just expand on what was really good about the game originally, as this game does, for decades. This is the kind of game that would have made the Sega Saturn a runaway success back in the day, but instead they let AM2 and arcade ports run the show, with a couple originals that were good, but not as memorable as their gems like Sonic.

†††††††††
"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 23:45 heroin

On with the shitty PUBG clones that fail and fail and fail.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 22:43 YourNick

Seems to me that the CS crowd is moving to PU Bat, the next new thing in realistic modern combat.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 21:51 HoSpanky

Good lord Dev, I was making a joke. Iím not blind to the gameís enormous growth. Almost makes me want to pick it up to see what the fuss is about, but itís the sort of game Iíd find frustrating, and with very little feeling of any accomplishment in.

Been balls deep in Factorio, which is an astonishing timesink.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 20:48 Retired

Dev wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:37:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:03:
Dev wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 16:45:
Whoa, look at the surprise dark horse in #1 !
j/k

Itís absurdly unstoppable on the sales chart. Maybe it has to do with those 9,000 bans per day.

Did you even bother to think about the math there before you posted?

5 weeks from 10 mil to 15 mil purchasers.
9,000 a day * 30 days = 270,000.

Now I realize these are rough estimates, but even being very conservative with the numbers (such as taking the 13k a day top end of ban numbers, still would be under 10%), it doesn't change that's less than 10% of the actual player growth if every single banned player just buys another account.

Unlike a lot of other games that brag about total players (who probably played once then never again), we can see actual simultaneous players (2+ million) reflecting actual sales. We see top of steam sales charts week after week. Valve has no reason to make any of those facts or numbers up, in fact just the opposite, they'd prefer their own game not to be overshadowed by this.

These are real numbers. Real growth. New blood coming in as the game grows.

Rebuying from bans is very little of this.

Just imagine when the new map comes out! Pumped for a large update.

Side note, Escape From Tarkov went from Alpha to Beta and is about to have a very large update. Great game as well.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 17:37 Dev

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:03:
j/k

Itís absurdly unstoppable on the sales chart. Maybe it has to do with those 9,000 bans per day.

Did you even bother to think about the math there before you posted?

5 weeks from 10 mil to 15 mil purchasers.
9,000 a day * 30 days = 270,000.

Now I realize these are rough estimates, but even being very conservative with the numbers (such as taking the 13k a day top end of ban numbers, still would be under 10%), it doesn't change that's less than 10% of the actual player growth if every single banned player just buys another account.

Unlike a lot of other games that brag about total players (who probably played once then never again), we can see actual simultaneous players (2+ million) reflecting actual sales. We see top of steam sales charts week after week. Valve has no reason to make any of those facts or numbers up, in fact just the opposite, they'd prefer their own game not to be overshadowed by this.

These are real numbers. Real growth. New blood coming in as the game grows.

Rebuying from bans is very little of this.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 17:03 HoSpanky

j/k

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 16:45 Dev

j/k

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo