Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons 3 Breaks Out

Kalypso Media announces the release of Dungeons 3 on Steam for Windows, Linux, and macOS, offering the latest installment in this strategy series that pays homage to the Dungeon Keeper series. This can also be found on GOG.com and probably some other etailers as well. Here's the release trailer, and here's word on the digital release and the physical version to follow:

Unicorns, valiant knights and other benevolent fantasy creatures beware! Kalypso Media and the Absolute Evil are cackling to themselves in wicked anticipation as gloriously evil dungeon sim sequel Dungeons 3 is out now worldwide on Steam for Windows and Linux. The North American physical and digital console release will launch on October 17th for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Console physical retail versions of Dungeons 3 will arrive as an Extremely Evil Edition, containing a Throne Room DLC, digital soundtrack and special Dungeons 3 ‘Snotweiser’ drinks coaster, while the Steam release includes a Throne Room DLC and digital soundtrack. Dungeons 3 is available for consoles with both digital and physical versions across EU and export territories today.

The Dungeon Lord has returned once more, and this time has is bringing all of his dark forces together to bring gamers everywhere the biggest and best Dungeons experience yet. With a huge roster of units and rooms to build in your underground lair, co-op support for all game modes, re-worked overworld mechanics and a range of improvements to the multiplayer experience, Dungeons 3 has everything an evil heart could desire as gamers across PC and console platforms begin ‘evilfying’ the sickeningly colourful and fluffy fantasy overworld.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 19:49 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 15:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 14:21:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 01:01:
Does it have first person monster control?

Unsure, but it does tout quite a few improvements on DK, which I would say are more important. But let's say if does have 1rst Person, what next? Point, it seems everyone loves DK, but all the attempts just get nitpicked for not be exactly the same and some are damn damn close. Dungeons 1 was bad, but 2 was a big step forward, hope for another step again. This game is doing things DK never did.

The only thing I want is first person. I usually don't like RTS games, but I loved DK because of the first person view. It was atmospheric, immersive and awesome to walk around your creation and do the fighting yourself. It was pretty useful for exploration too.

Nostalgia, though. Such a fucking bottleneck to new, sometimes better experiences. I loved DK but was too young to have it rule my standards (born 1985). I feel, in this case, like I'm one of the few rational ppl to say that Dungeons 2 was much better than DK ever was. Not as revolutionary, of course, but better.

I bought Dungeons 2 for like 5 dollars on a sale earlier this year. It was one of the best games I could've played the year before if I knew about it then.

The only reason I haven't bought Dungeons 3 yet, is because it hasn't convinced me that it isn't a glorified expansion. I loved Dungeons 2 a lot, but I've had my fill. What new stuff does this new title bring to the table?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 15:36 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 14:21:

Unsure, but it does tout quite a few improvements on DK, which I would say are more important. But let's say if does have 1rst Person, what next? Point, it seems everyone loves DK, but all the attempts just get nitpicked for not be exactly the same and some are damn damn close. Dungeons 1 was bad, but 2 was a big step forward, hope for another step again. This game is doing things DK never did.

The only thing I want is first person. I usually don't like RTS games, but I loved DK because of the first person view. It was atmospheric, immersive and awesome to walk around your creation and do the fighting yourself. It was pretty useful for exploration too.

3. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 14:21 HorrorScope

2. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 01:01 ItBurn

1. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 13, 2017, 22:51 Cutter

Breakout, don't stop to ask;
Now you've found a break to make it last.
You've got to find a way,
Say what you want to say; breakout.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo