Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo

Steam now offers a playable demo for BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers, the throwback, top-down racing game. The game is due for release next week, but you can take it for a test drive right now, and there are free game keys to be had for the top 10 drivers on their time-attack leaderboard:

BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers is coming to PC/Steam next Wednesday, October 18th. Studio Oudidon is so eager to share their hard work with the whole world that we decided to release the demo no later than today!

This free demo offers a small tour of BAFL. It includes:

• 1 track for Time-Attack or Perfect Race
  • 3-track championship for up to 4 players (instead of 8 in the full game).

As a reminder the full game features:

• 10+ Unique Thematic Tracks
  • Up to 8 players on the same screen
  • Solo and Multiplayer Championships with Car Upgrades
  • Custom Races and Championships (with dozens of possibilities)
  • Time Attack with World Ladders and Ghosts
  • No. Brakes.

And to celebrate the upcoming launch day, the studio decided to run a Pre-Release Week-End Contest.
The challenge is quite simple: players will have to climb up to the top of the Time-Attack leaderboard. The 10 best pilots will receive a free key for the full game.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 15, 2017, 11:23 Beamer

Did you just say "anyone who knows anything about driving cars" in a topic about a game called Brakes Are For Losers?

Are you the guy that complained that anyone who knows anything about hand to hand combat knows that pulling a guy's spine out isn't the best way to win in a Mortal Kombat topic?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 11:50 ForgedReality

So another arcade physics bore-fest? No thanks. Anyone who knows anything about how to really drive a car fast knows you need strategic application of brakes at the appropriate times to make the fastest lap. This sounds like shitty Need for Speed physics (the modern ones, not the early sim-leaning ones).

Edit - and after going to the Steam page, it's actually worse than that. Made-for-mobile-but-done-on-PC. Reminds me of the old RC Pro AM on Gameboy, but with more hyperactivity. Meh.

4. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 11:49 MisterBenn

It's a fun genre but the physics don't look good to me. The cars seem to have no weight and the collisions look really bouncy.  

3. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 08:54 Alamar

Maybe it's my advancing age... But I can't take a game seriously (and even bother to look into it) with a name like this...  

2. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 02:33 Mordecai Walfish

The title of this reminds me of my buddy that always says that blocking in fighting games, and braking in racing games, are noob tactics. Unsurprisingly, he does poorly in both genres.. but he loves those types of games. I annihilated him in Tekken 7 a couple times before he completely stopped asking me to play it when he comes over.  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

1. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 13, 2017, 22:19 loomy

this is a micro machines clone, right?  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo