Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off

Digital Extremes announces the launch of the Plains of Eidolon expansion for Warframe, their third-person shooter. This is for the Windows edition on Steam, and will come to consoles later this year. The add-on, like the base game, is free to play, and word is it adds "a lively new territory to explore, a 10-story high boss to combat, new weapons, items and armor to upgrade and customize, a unique Warframe to play, all while introducing a significant, original chapter in the game's ever-expanding lore." Here's a Gara Warframe Profile along with more details:

Plains of Eidolon is the first-of-its kind Landscape for Warframe. The Open Zone design offers kilometers of colorful rolling hills and pastures, lively lakes and rivers, active mines and caves, all during a continual diurnal/nocturnal cycle for Tenno to soak up and enjoy. As many as 50 players can converge on the makeshift basecamp of Cetus, where the race of the Ostrons offer missions and challenges, and new weapons, armor and items to craft and customize to a degree never before realized in Warframe.

During the relative safety of day, whether on foot or soaring through the air (using the revamped Sky Archwing), Tenno will clash with new and old Grineer, partake in mini-games such as spearfishing and mining, and partner up with as many as three others to explore the Plains. At night, danger surfaces from the waters and haunts the storied grounds. Only the bravest and best equipped teams will venture forth in their crash-course hunt for the massive Eidolon, a towering monstrosity lured to consciousness in search of something dangerous and mysterious.

That's just the beginning! Plains of Eidolon introduces an incredible array of fresh content. The range starts with a new glass-themed Warframe, Gara, with new weapons to wield and fashionable Syandanas and Helmets to don, a newly reworked Focus System for Operators to use in conjunction with Warframes to battle Eidolon at night, and a slew of additional content from the Mag Pneuma Collection, to new Mod sets, Achievements, stances, and more.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 18:03 ForgedReality

Theo wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:40:
Frijoles wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 23:43:
Jumped on. Can't find this new shit. Quit. These MMOs need to learn from WoW. When a player logs in to a new major update, fucking put something on the screen. I haven't played Warframe for several months. I can't remember anything. I don't know what's new and what I just haven't done.

Edit: Think I found it. It's a place (Cetus) on Earth.

when you logged in for the first time after the patch, they literally put a full page screen up telling you where the new content was.

Reading is for chumps.

I'm actually super addicted to this game lately. I played a few hours 2 or 3 years ago and just didn't get it. It was super confusing and didn't click with me at all. Then I saw a video explaining some stuff and leaking a huge spoiler on me, and decided to get back into it a month or so ago. Holy crap now it's awesome. It's changed a lot, but it also feels more fleshed out, and the fact that I actually understand the whole point now, it's totally one of the best games I've ever played.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 12:40 Theo

Frijoles wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 23:43:
Jumped on. Can't find this new shit. Quit. These MMOs need to learn from WoW. When a player logs in to a new major update, fucking put something on the screen. I haven't played Warframe for several months. I can't remember anything. I don't know what's new and what I just haven't done.

when you logged in for the first time after the patch, they literally put a full page screen up telling you where the new content was.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

5. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 12:39 Theo

Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 07:37:
Poor man's Destiny. Pass

you are kidding right?

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

4. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 10:14 Mgshadow

The games cant even be compared. I play both a ton. Warframe is the better game for your money. Hundreds of hours of play time in Warframe and its not looking like ill be quitting it anytime soon. All destiny has right now is pvp and Its just not that fun. Ive done the raid and all but maybe 2 of the adventures on the planets. Great games both of them but Warframe just keeps bringing me and many others back to the game.  

3. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 07:37 Angrius Maximis

Poor man's Destiny. Pass  

2. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 12, 2017, 23:43 Frijoles

1. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 12, 2017, 21:10 Wallshadows

I can't think of the last Warframe they've come out with which doesn't look awful.

Mesa, maybe?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo