Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: The Evil Within 2 is Out Oct 14, 2017, 08:18 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 14:06:
No one is debating doni's loss at the polls or the failure of the republican party. Hopefully they will be able to recover because you can't have 2 party system with only the Democrats ruling by default.

You seem to occupy some sort of dreamworld where the Democrats didn't just get an enema from the worlds worst excuse for a politician. Don't get ahead of yourself there skippy, we have a lot of work to do.

The real danger is that Trump is starting to build out his own party, you can see the groundwork being laid already, look at what Bannon and company have been doing for the past month. The Republicans fracturing would be the worst possible thing that could happen. The assumption that those people would just flock to the Democratic party is very flawed reasoning and that sort of presumptive arrogance is what lost the past election. The only thing holding back Trumps insane agenda is other Republicans.

Be careful what you wish for. I'll take the devil I know.

They certainly...failed into controlling all three major legislative branches of government

You forgot a branch. They certainly don't control that one. I'm not sure they really control anything at the moment, they're not getting anything done. Of course that's publicly, what's going on behind the scenes is a different story. Part of me worries they're robbing us blind while distracting us with bullshit they know will fail like healthcare repeals.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 20:55 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 19:05:
Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 14:59:
They certainly...failed into controlling all three major legislative branches of government

There's only one Legislative branch... the other two are the Executive and Judicial branches... I'm failing you and sending you back a grade. Sorry.
He makes it so easy.
If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 19:05 NKD

Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 14:59:

There's only one Legislative branch... the other two are the Executive and Judicial branches... I'm failing you and sending you back a grade. Sorry.

You are being watched.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 14:59 Verno

Winning, the mark of a true failure! - Charlie Sheen

I'm here all night folks, thanks you're too kind! Drummer

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 14:06 RedEye9

No one is debating doni's loss at the polls or the failure of the republican party. Hopefully they will be able to recover because you can't have 2 party system with only the Democrats ruling by default.  

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 13:15 Verno

Alas poor Bernie, you got Clinton'd and now we have Trump  

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 12:28 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 08:39:
Why would he need to be able to read to become President? He has a zillion people who can read things to him or draw him pictures. Hell, he could come out and admit that he's functionally illiterate and his base would praise him for not being one of those snobby intellectual elites.
Next he would need someone to explain to him the meaning of what was just read. Because it is clear that the idiot in chief has no clue about the Constitution, the rule of law, nor what he is doing.
It's a presidency by idiocracy.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 09:40 Verno

Oh I know, I just like rubbing dat salt  

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 08:39 NKD

Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 08:18:
He got elected President against all odds, pretty sure he can at least read

Why would he need to be able to read to become President? He has a zillion people who can read things to him or draw him pictures. Hell, he could come out and admit that he's functionally illiterate and his base would praise him for not being one of those snobby intellectual elites.

You are being watched.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 08:18 Verno

He got elected President against all odds, pretty sure he can at least read

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 20:15 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 17:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 11:55:
Yet twitter allows the twitterer in chief to spread his lies.
Rose won this round.
If they terminate Twitler's Twitter, he'll threaten to revoke their broadcast license.

Someone oughta send that dipshit a United Stated Constitution complete with all the amendments, then someone would have to read it to him.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 17:18 jdreyer

Rose won this round.
If they terminate Twitler's Twitter, he'll threaten to revoke their broadcast license.

Stay a while, and listen.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 16:41 Beamer

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 15:56:
Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:46:
Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:42:
Not for the first time, you seem annoyed at your own assumptions about me.

Quite the contrary, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. I was just explaining myself since you said I didn't do it adequately the first time.

Well I didn't expect that. Sorry for my assumption. Way to disarm me

I do wonder if I come across as more extreme than I am on here in general. When I get into foolish arguments I usually come down on the more liberal side, and on the internet nuance like "I dislike Sarkeesian too, but the fact is..." can almost seem to become "I <3 Brianna Wu!" which really, really couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not far-left, I'm opinionated-centre-left.

I don't think I'm the only person on this board - or even this thread - who this could apply to.

I can't believe you love Brianna Wu!

Actually, I more can't believe Brianna Wu still gets mentioned, but yeah, as you said, Sarkeesian still gets mentioned, and "I don't think she's great, but don't think she deserves the ire, or attention, she gets" is "RARRRR SARKEESIAN IS MY GOD YOUR GAMES NEED TO BE TAKEN AWAY!"

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 15:56 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:46:

Quite the contrary, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. I was just explaining myself since you said I didn't do it adequately the first time.

Well I didn't expect that. Sorry for my assumption. Way to disarm me

I do wonder if I come across as more extreme than I am on here in general. When I get into foolish arguments I usually come down on the more liberal side, and on the internet nuance like "I dislike Sarkeesian too, but the fact is..." can almost seem to become "I <3 Brianna Wu!" which really, really couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not far-left, I'm opinionated-centre-left.

I don't think I'm the only person on this board - or even this thread - who this could apply to.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:46 Verno

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:42 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:29:
Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:20:
She's not in the news for her lifetime of comments, she's in the news for standing up to sexual assault and she's getting a hell of a lot of stick for that - so without any further context, it looked like you joined the many people criticising her for speaking up. I didn't say it makes her a good person, I said that your comment looked bad without knowing your reasons.

"You want to play? Lets play #ROSEARMY"

Be careful where you hitch your wagon, she is not Ashley Judd.

It is possible to separate her being an asshole and her being a victim of a horrible act. One is not necessarily because of the other, nor does it mean I am unsympathetic but that only goes so far in explaining her actions over the years.

Yeah, fair enough.

I'm not hitching my wagon to anyone or accusing you of supporting rape and I haven't said anything to that effect. Not for the first time, you seem annoyed at your own assumptions about me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:29 Verno

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:20:
She's not in the news for her lifetime of comments, she's in the news for standing up to sexual assault and she's getting a hell of a lot of stick for that - so without any further context, it looked like you joined the many people criticising her for speaking up. I didn't say it makes her a good person, I said that your comment looked bad without knowing your reasons.

Fair enough, I just assumed people had some context on her but I forget shes not exactly an A lister anymore so perhaps people haven't heard her various "issues" over the years.

"You want to play? Lets play #ROSEARMY"

Be careful where you hitch your wagon, she is not Ashley Judd.

It is possible to separate her being an asshole and her being a victim of a horrible act. One is not necessarily because of the other, nor does it mean I am unsympathetic but that only goes so far in explaining her actions over the years.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:20 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 13:44:
No one won this. She posted someone's personal details, all the shit that she's facing doesn't make that OK. Twitter suspended someone who's speaking out against sexual assault, that doesn't look good.

Neither does describing a victim of assault as a fucking psycho, but I'm sure there's a reason for that...

Sorry I forgot that automatically makes her a good person and her lifetime of idiotic comments are automatically wiped clean. Just off the top of my head twice she's gone after the gay and trans communities for no reason, had numerous public meltdowns and her extreme brand of feminism is not to my taste.

I don't "support rape" or something equally ridiculous because I dislike Rose McGowan, don't even go there. I haven't liked her for a long time now, long before knowing who Harvey Weinstein is.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 13:44 Verno

No one won this. She posted someone's personal details, all the shit that she's facing doesn't make that OK. Twitter suspended someone who's speaking out against sexual assault, that doesn't look good.

Neither does describing a victim of assault as a fucking psycho, but I'm sure there's a reason for that...

Sorry I forgot that automatically makes her a good person and her lifetime of idiotic comments are automatically wiped clean. Just off the top of my head twice she's gone after the gay and trans communities for no reason, had numerous public meltdowns and her extreme brand of feminism is not to my taste.

I don't "support rape" or something equally ridiculous because I dislike Rose McGowan, don't even go there. I haven't liked her for a long time now, long before knowing who Harvey Weinstein is.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 13:38 RedEye9

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 13:29:
Rose won this round.

Neither does describing a victim of assault as a fucking psycho, but I'm sure there's a reason for that... Worried
And twitter has already unlocked her account. no harm, no foul

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo