Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow

The World of Warplanes website has details on a new version 2.0 update coming tomorrow to Wargaming's multiplayer aerial combat game. There will be downtime tomorrow to install this, and they expect this to take off at around 10:00 am EDT. They also note that they will offer some progression boosts between the launch of this update and the release of version 2.0.1 early next month. Here's the overview of what's new:

World of Warplanes 2.0 drops you right into the action with this massive update combining fierce 20th-century aerial battles with tactical teamwork, all for territorial control.

A new mode lets you respawn if shot down, and where victory depends on your teamís ability to capture and hold key territories on the battlefield below. Each territory has its own function and defenses, creating dynamic new air battles. Also you can fly a new class of Bombers!

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Re: World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow Oct 12, 2017, 09:23 Asmodai

Rigs wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 12:06:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 10:25:
Amazes me that Blizzard doesn't go after them for that name. I remember when LucasArts went after Remedy for a logo that looked too similar to theirs.

You can't copyright the world.

No, but they try anyway. Like when Intel wanted to copyright the number '586' and got shot down, they went with Pentium instead. After a while these corps think they can do anything. The money literally goes to their head.

=-Rigs-=

Not that I support their efforts in the least, but I kinda get why they try that shit on (and why it makes them awful cunts). The money invested trying to corner trademarks on such generic terms compared to what they would gain if they pulled it off is chickenfeed to them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Re: World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow Oct 11, 2017, 20:12 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 20:06:
No, but they try anyway. Like when Intel wanted to copyright the number '586' and got shot down, they went with Pentium instead. After a while these corps think they can do anything. The money literally goes to their head.

Or when Microsoft tried to trademark Active and was forced to go with ActiveX.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

3. Re: World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow Oct 11, 2017, 20:06 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 12:06:
Amazes me that Blizzard doesn't go after them for that name. I remember when LucasArts went after Remedy for a logo that looked too similar to theirs.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
---------------------------------------
'The only way to win is not to play', huh?
Here, hold my beer...

2. Re: World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow Oct 11, 2017, 12:06 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

1. Re: World of Warplanes 2.0 Tomorrow Oct 11, 2017, 10:25 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo