Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined

UbiBlog has a roadmap of content coming to Assassin's Creed Origins, covering both the DLC for the game's season pass, as well as free content for the base game. This trailer illustrates the news, and here are the details:

SEASON PASS

The Hidden Ones (DLC 1)
– This expansion takes place years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins in a new region occupied by a Roman force. Bayek and the new Assassins will clash with the Romans as the Brotherhood continues to grow, and players will have a new level cap. Slated for release in January 2018.

The Curse of the Pharaohs (DLC 2) – The second expansion focuses on Egyptian mythology, pitting players against undead pharaohs and famed Egyptian monsters. Bayek will need to explore a mystical new realm and discover the root of the curse that has brought these creatures to life. This expansion will also raise the level cap again and introduce new skills for Bayek. Scheduled for a March 2018 launch.

The Roman Centurion and Horus packs – These exclusive item packs will grant Season Pass holders a new outfit, weapons, shield, and mount when they become available in November of this year.

500 Helix Credits and an exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade – Both available at launch.

To gain access to all of the above, players will need to own the Season Pass, which is included in Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition and is also available for purchase separately.

FREE CONTENT

There is also a bevy of new additions coming to the game after launch that will be free for all players, including:

The Trial of the Gods – Face off against the Egyptian gods in boss battles during special timed events, and receive valuable rewards for victory. Kicks off 15 days after launch.

The Nomad’s Bazaar – Track down a wandering merchant who will give you daily quests to pursue and reward you with exotic mystery rewards. Available at launch.

Photo Mode – Capture the beauty of the Egyptian landscape, indulge your inner wildlife photographer, and discover interesting photos taken by other players. Available at launch.

Discovery Tour – This new game mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum. Read more about this mode and the educational guided tours in our previous coverage. Available in early 2018.

Horde Mode – Hone your skills with blade and bow against endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena, see how your scores stack up, and challenge your friends asynchronously. Available in early 2018.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 12, 2017, 01:59 CJ_Parker

+1 and a couple billion more to what the Pete with the ham said. Fuck season passes. Fuck piecemeal deliveries. Fuck cut content. Fuck incomplete games. Fuck Ubishit. Fuck every-fucking-thing.

ACO, if I ever buy it at all, will be another GOTY sub $10 sale deal (preferably from one of those "criminal" key sites so Ubicrap sees as little of muh moolah as possible).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 11, 2017, 19:47 peteham

Season passes/DLC announcements just makes me twice as likely to just wait for the inevitable Gold/GOTY/Definitive edition. It's not so much a cost issue for me, as a "I want the full game once I play it"-thing. Plus the bonus of patches, as someone else mentioned.

It's extremely rare for me to revisit a single player-game after one playthrough. And one or two side missions (often with noticeably less polish than the main game, or a general sense of shoe-horning) that comes out 3+ months after the main game, isn't enough to make me reinstall and start playing again. Maybe if there's 8++ hours on offer, or a franchise I'm heavily invested in. But yeah, chances are, even if I bought the game with season pass at launch, I'd probably never actually get around to playing the DLC(s) anyway.

11. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 10:48 aka_STEVE

I am buying this game , but I wish the industry as a whole didn't even try to sell the 'Season Pass' crap for at least 1 month post release.

Just so the customers at least feel like any bugs are being taken care of without the Dev team being sidelined by working on DLC stuff

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 10:14 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 07:26:
NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 04:15:
WTF Slick, those hippos...

Hippo lives matter™

Pretty sure I saw that on a sign when I was watching a Youtube video about some feminist meet up.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

9. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 09:46 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 09:19:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 22:51:
As a general rule, I find that season passes are worth about a third of their asking price. So in this case, $14. The only exception thus far was the Witcher 3 season pass, which was a fantastic deal.

In general I've found season passes to be a poor deal for the consumer. The content is either sparse, disappointing or sometimes they don't even release everything due to lack of sales.

Holy shit, who did that?

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 09:28 MacLeod

I haven't been following this game too closely. Can someone who has tell me whether this goes back more towards AC1 and AC2 where it's me as an assassin, instead of the micromanaging assassin companies and pirate fleets of the latter games? I get that some people were into that, but I honestly preferred the former.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 09:19 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 22:51:
As a general rule, I find that season passes are worth about a third of their asking price. So in this case, $14. The only exception thus far was the Witcher 3 season pass, which was a fantastic deal.

In general I've found season passes to be a poor deal for the consumer. The content is either sparse, disappointing or sometimes they don't even release everything due to lack of sales.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 07:26 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 04:15:

Hippo lives matter™

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 06:05 Mac

Sticking to waiting for GOTY editions now - games normally patched up and you get the full game ... Win/Win  

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 04:15 NKD

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 03:12 Slick

NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 23:26:
Detailing Season Pass content before release? Nice. Is this a thing companies are doing now? I usually don't go in for season passes so I don't pay attention to them.

I totally concur, it's such bad form to work on the fucking upsell before they've even bought the car.

I'm all for DLC, expand the player's universe, and even letting the public know that you have a team in place that's working on supporting the game post-launch with content.

But directly telling you what it is, and even trying to sell you on it just screams of poor quarterly reports indicating a fickle population of stockholders hungry for preorder numbers.

And Ubisoft is in a unique position, in that case, considering evil Vivendi is trying to buy them out. That's why you never go public folks. Worth taking into consideration, the game still looks fucking great, Jack Frags made a video that totally got me hyped

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 10, 2017, 23:26 NKD

Detailing Season Pass content before release? Nice. Is this a thing companies are doing now? I usually don't go in for season passes so I don't pay attention to them.  

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 10, 2017, 22:51 Jerykk

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo