Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend

UbiBlog announces a free weekend for Ghost Recon Wildlands gets underway on Thursday and will run all the way through Sunday. Those interested in checking out the open-world shooter on Windows will be able to start preloading this tomorrow in anticipation. The game is on sale for the duration of the event, and those who buy will be able to retain all their progress from the free weekend. Here's more on the event, which includes the new Ghost War mode that's expected today:

In the vast open world of Ghost Recon Wildlands, danger lurks around every bend, and this weekend, you can confront that danger for free. From October 12 at 12:00am PDT through October 16 at 12:00am PDT*, you can download the full game for free and explore all that Ghost Recon Wildlands has to offer on PC, Xbox One**, and PS4** (PS4 players can pre-load on 10/10, PC players can pre-load on Uplay on 10/11). That means a gorgeous open world full of diverse ecosystems and thrilling missions for you to take on in single-player, or with a squad of up to four co-op players. That means a wide array of weapons, abilities, and vehicles that let you tackle each situation using whatever strategy you choose. And as of this week, that means the new Ghost War 4v4 team deathmatch mode.

Released for free to all Ghost Recon Wildlands players, Ghost War is a brand new mode that brings a whole new challenge to the table. Players choose from among 12 distinct classes to create teams loaded for bear with powerful weapons, perks, and abilities. Using squad tactics and stealthy scouting techniques, they fight it out against a team of enemy players in intense multiplayer. Ghost War launches on October 10, and the development team will expand it in the months to come with new maps, new classes, and new modes.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 11, 2017, 10:44 CJ_Parker

Lovely, Ubishit, just lovely. So, after preloading 48.32GB yesterday, uPlay is now downloading another 9.65GB patch for the game. Awesome planning right there, Ubi! I'm truly impressed.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 23:54 maddog

I am enjoying the game and playing solo. I had to give it a second look though. Played it when the demo came out and was not impressed. I guess now that I have good gear, I am enjoying it more.

It's really scratched my itch for open world warfare since I could not get into ARMA and Argo let me down.

I really wish the Sniper Elite games were more this "open" vs just being big levels.

Never the less, I hope they do something cool in a sequel or spinoff. Vietnam or WW2 with this engine would be cool.

10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 21:55 heroin

Yeah this game is actually quite a bit of fun in co-op and it is a very good looking game, very well optimized as well. Unfortunately, it gets boring pretty quickly... but it's still a game you can keep coming back to and drop in for an hour or two here/there.  

9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 19:38 Osc8r

Lots of potential but the missions were extremely repetitive with very little challenge or variation.

Quite enjoyable in co-op though.

8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 17:46 Rhett

It is fun, and extremely pretty, but they ignored a lot of customer requests and basically just did whatever they felt with patches and such. No physically toggleable NVGs, no customizable special weapons, horrific DLC that shouldn't exist (mainly the undercover one with the monster truck and other garbage)...

It could be way better, but it's still unique and quite cool. Just more arcadey than a lot of people hoped for. Absolutely worth trying.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 17:24 thecakeisalie

My friends have been poking me to get this but after getting burned by Ubisoft on a few of their recent games (e.g. The Division) I was reluctant. I might check it out.  

6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 17:03 Funluvncriminl

Took me 100hrs to 100% the main game. The missions can get a little repetitive but they did make sense. What I liked about the game most was the diverse locations. The swamps,deserts,and pine forests where very nice. Here's some screenshots I took.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Funluvncriminal/screenshots/
O and this game is really fun with friends, co op works great.

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 13:46 Metasparks

This is a fun game. I recommend trying it out. I know I will be.  

4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 12:42 El Pit

Mod this to be a true FPS and I would buy it. TPS is just not my genre.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 10:53 SpectralMeat

I'll give this a try. The free beta didn't blow me away, but I am willing to try it again and see if I can get into this game.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 10:07 The Half Elf

Now here is a game that I'd love to see have a Battle Royal stand alone.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 09:57 CJ_Parker

In case anyone is wondering: The download is 48.32GB and you can start your preload right now (rather than tomorrow as per the news post).  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo