Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Getting set to watch the 0-4 Giants attempt to reverse the disastrous start of their season. But talk about an uphill climb... It seems just one single team has managed to make the playoffs after such a start. In 1992 the Chargers started 0-4, and ended the season 11-5. So there. All big blue has to do is win 92% of their remaining dozen games. So you're telling me there's a chance!

Winless Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Angry Gran Run Halloween Village.
Stories: Blade Runner 2049 box office: Ryan Gosling film stumbles.
Car makers ask US officials to loosen fuel economy requirements. Thanks RedEye9.
Nate makes nine Atlantic hurricanes in a row—unprecedented in modern era.
Media: JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Heroes Trailer.
Rabbit vs Turtle! The Movie.
The Disturbing History of the Suburbs.
The Funnies: RC Raker - FoxTrot.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 07:58 Verno

People won't be so quick to mock the Jets now  
Playing: Mario vs Rabbids, Sonic Mania, Hellblade
Watching: Better Watch Out, Star Trek Discovery, Mr Mercedes
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 18:38 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 12:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 12:08:
Look on the brightside, Blue. You are only 3 picks out in the pick 'em league!

Well that is the bright side. Unless you do the math on where I'd be if I didn't stubbornly pick the Giants every week.

Haha. Seriously? You picked the Giants all five weeks? That is true dedication.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 13:26  Blue 

Blue wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 12:11:

Well that is the bright side. Unless you do the math on where I'd be if I didn't stubbornly pick the Giants every week.

And now I see that Y.A. Tittle died. Pretty rough day for a lifelong Giants fan.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 12:11  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 12:08 Mr. Tact

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 10:40  Blue 

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 00:09:
Without Beckham, we are hurtin' for certain!

Oh Blue, what are we going to do the rest of this year? I'm a Devils fan when it comes to the NHL, so hopefully they'll be good enough to keep me entertained this winter...

Yeah, it's a lost season for the G-men for sure. Makes me sad.

Funny, the Giants geared up as a contender this year, while the Jets set up to tank for the draft. Jets? Tied for first place. Giants? Tied for worst record in the NFL.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 10:28 PHJF

You can't levy a "Gosling has too much personality" argument against him. His best roles feature a distinct and remarkable lack of personality in his characters, from Place Beyond the Pines to Drive.

2049 is a technically genius and stunning movie that doesn't at all feel its actual length, but the story is pretty under cooked. It's right up there with films like Revenant or Children of Men that make for amazing cinematic experiences but don't leave much room for thought afterwards. In that way, 2049 is a bit of a disappointment compared to its predecessor, but it's still fantastic.

Really not surprised at all with the domestic box office reception. Nothing about it or its marketing was targeted to large demographics.

And if you haven't seen it yet, absolutely get an imax or comparable ticket; the audio and visuals were jaw-dropping at the XD theater I attended.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 09:57 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 03:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 21:21:
1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:18:
El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:08:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

i mean, there wasn't a ton of nudity, but there what there was, was quite ample. doesn't help that the JOI actress is a blazing hot exemplar of female perfection, nor that you don't... appreciate that type of thing as much as i do heh.

gosling's goslingness leaked out a little too much for such a robotic role. he's a naturally goofy dude and he had too much personality for my liking. and the film had fucking gags of all things. i mean they were funny, but they really undercut the mood and seriousness of the film for me.

i think i can say that it's a compelling detective-noir film, but not the important work of art that the original was.

I can appreciate the beauty of a women, the only thing that I took note of is it must have been very cold during the nude scenes especially the last JOI nude moment because those nipples could have cut glass.

But you can tell Harrison really got his leg fucked up between Force Awaken accident and his aircraft crashes due to his limp/attempt to run.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 03:39 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 21:21:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

i mean, there wasn't a ton of nudity, but there what there was, was quite ample. doesn't help that the JOI actress is a blazing hot exemplar of female perfection, nor that you don't... appreciate that type of thing as much as i do heh.

gosling's goslingness leaked out a little too much for such a robotic role. he's a naturally goofy dude and he had too much personality for my liking. and the film had fucking gags of all things. i mean they were funny, but they really undercut the mood and seriousness of the film for me.

i think i can say that it's a compelling detective-noir film, but not the important work of art that the original was.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 00:09 LaxerFL

Without Beckham, we are hurtin' for certain!

Oh Blue, what are we going to do the rest of this year? I'm a Devils fan when it comes to the NHL, so hopefully they'll be good enough to keep me entertained this winter...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 21:21 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 18:40 Mr. Tact

*blort* Didn't know Derek Carr was out. Miracle win by Oakland, doesn't look like it...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 16:58 1badmf

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 15:20 jdreyer

Nate makes nine Atlantic hurricanes in a row—unprecedented in modern era.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 15:19 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:37:
Take an aspirin to reduce deep vein thrombosis and go into it dehydrated so you won't need to http://runpee.com/
The good news, there is nothing to see in the end credits.

No stinger??~! Inconceivable! I'm going to stay home on principle.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 15:18 jdreyer

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 14:37 RedEye9

Take an aspirin to reduce deep vein thrombosis and go into it dehydrated so you won't need to http://runpee.com/
The good news, there is nothing to see in the end credits.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 14:08 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 12:58 RedEye9

Volkswagen already has the diesels ready for the GOP's new fuel economy standards.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo