Out of the Blue

As it turns out it took several guys with ladders and all over five hours to clean the windows in the BlueTower. I did some calculations to try and determine how long it would have taken MrsBlue and I to accomplish this on our own, and the answer turns out to be infinity, though I should probably double-check my math. But it really is remarkable to see what a difference it makes... I didn't really consider the windows dirty before, so seeing how much better they are is eye-opening.

Open-eyed Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Doodle God Blitz.
Link: The deadly germ warfare island abandoned by the Soviets. Thanks RedEye9.
Story: US Traffic Deaths Rise for the Second Year in a Row.
Science: Zipper Merging in Traffic Seems Rude but Research Shows It Is the Best Approach. Thanks [H]ardOCP.
Why We Miss Objects That Are Right in Front of Us. Thanks j.c.f.
Researchers create a fast-sealing surgical 'glue' for closing wounds.
Media: James Veitch Is A Terrible Roommate.
When your dog mistakes the moon for a ball.
Almost impaled. WT actual F?
View : : :
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 7, 2017, 12:49
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 12:49
Oct 7, 2017, 12:49

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 11:54:
"Evocatus (plural Evocati) was the Latin term for a soldier in the Roman army who had served out his time and obtained a discharge (Honesta missio) but had voluntarily enlisted again at the invitation of the consul or other commander."

The humongous Ego on that fucker Chris Roberts. Gotta give it to him, his Ego is so big, it has an Ego all of its own.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:59
El Pit

Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:59
Oct 7, 2017, 11:59
 El Pit

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 11:54:
"Evocatus (plural Evocati) was the Latin term for a soldier in the Roman army who had served out his time and obtained a discharge (Honesta missio) but had voluntarily enlisted again at the invitation of the consul or other commander."

So, this beta is for the people who got sacked and rehired when they said they would work for free on THE GAME? They truly deserve Alpha 3.0, then.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 7, 2017, 11:54
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:54
Oct 7, 2017, 11:54

“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 7, 2017, 11:40
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:40

El Pit wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 11:33:
Guys! IT IS HAPPENING! I got a mail saying that THE GAME Alpha 3.0 has been released to some alien race (or mad investors?) called evocati. We all knew it would happen!!! Another huge, huge step forward to beta! Beta coming to the Evocati (and maybe to peons on Earth) in approximately 2027 - date could shift, though, I think the gaming god behind THE GAME has said that they will add RTS, MOBA, and Submarine Chess Karate to the game, so 2037 might be a better estimated date of delivery of the beta. Cheers!

I had to Google this, because I thought it was a reference to Elon Musk claiming we're all emulated on a computer, and you were making a joke claiming a new version is coming.

Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:40

Yeah, cleaning all those windows yourself, especially the high ones, would have been a real pane.

Sorry, someone had to post it.

Don't worry, I won't be here all day.....

Oct 7, 2017, 11:33
El Pit

Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:33
Oct 7, 2017, 11:33
 El Pit

Guys! IT IS HAPPENING! I got a mail saying that THE GAME Alpha 3.0 has been released to some alien race (or mad investors?) called evocati. We all knew it would happen!!! Another huge, huge step forward to beta! Beta coming to the Evocati (and maybe to peons on Earth) in approximately 2027 - date could shift, though, I think the gaming god behind THE GAME has said that they will add RTS, MOBA, and Submarine Chess Karate to the game, so 2037 might be a better estimated date of delivery of the beta. Cheers!
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 7, 2017, 11:31
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:31
Oct 7, 2017, 11:31

On that calculation, did you divide by zero?
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older