Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. No subject Oct 22, 2017, 20:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Sure thing Looks like you're rating pretty good. And haven't been paying attention to the media very much either. Remember you're a nazi if you support gun rights.

What exactly is MSNBC or whoever saying that has your panties in a bunch? You're making these claims that they're all crazy ass lefties that have lost their minds. Where's the proof?
You mean besides supporting attacks on political opponents? I guess you missed that. You can start here. Then we can get onto the media that was saying it was okay too.

Where are all these critics? Even that bastion of liberalism that is NPR aired several good reviews of it.
Did you read the critics linked via rotten tomato's? No? You should, remember that's still normiesphere.

I'm not sure what to say to you since you've decided to appoint yourself arbiter of who speaks for "the left", and apparently you've already decided who "the left" is, but haven't been willing to share that information here.
No, I'm pointing out that the left has a serious problem with itself. And what I'm saying is what normal people see coming from the left. So get your shit in order, or don't. And enjoy your screaming decline into history.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 12, 2017, 01:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 09:40:
Capitan wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 02:00:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 03:56:
The only thing that is disturbing is indeed people who can not STFU and simply accept Wolfenstein as the frickin' video game entertainment product that it is. It's a game. It's a work of fiction. It's not reality. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Thank. You.
WORD and thank you! You just wrote what I just gonna say.
It's just a game and leave it with that. I hate when people drag in politic into a things who supposed to be entertainment. Simply it destroys the mood and make everybody feel uncomfortable.

This is why I kinda tuned out of football this year. All of the crap surrounding it has been toxic and it's disheartening to see people on both sides of "the debate" basically using it for their own crusade.

Which crusades are you referring to? I assume not the one the players are protesting about? Not being a football fan myself, I wouldn't even know about any of this if Trump hadn't started raging about it. So, in a way, I guess he did a good thing. Never thought I'd say that.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

34. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2017, 09:40 Verno

Capitan wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 02:00:
The only thing that is disturbing is indeed people who can not STFU and simply accept Wolfenstein as the frickin' video game entertainment product that it is. It's a game. It's a work of fiction. It's not reality. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Thank. You.
It's just a game and leave it with that. I hate when people drag in politic into a things who supposed to be entertainment. Simply it destroys the mood and make everybody feel uncomfortable.

This is why I kinda tuned out of football this year. All of the crap surrounding it has been toxic and it's disheartening to see people on both sides of "the debate" basically using it for their own crusade.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 22:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 02:52:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 11:53:
/r/politics doesn't ban you for having different opinions. The only time I've been temp-banned from there was when I crossed the line into making a personal attack. I see the same /r/t_d assholes posting in politics all the time, so they obviously aren't getting banned for disagreeing.

Really? Post your account then post the following: "I think trump is doing okay, and his policies on immigration are a step in the right direction."

People post things more positive than that about Trump all the time. Don't break the rules and you won't get banned. They don't have rules about no criticism like /r/t_d does. You're the one making the asinine claim here. Prove it.

See, you're not reading. I never said that you said that, but you sure took it to mean that I said that about you. You obviously haven't been paying very much attention to the political press in the US for the last 6 months. Which of course I suppose is just a little bubble in your world.

Where are people being called Nazis for supporting gun rights or saying things "the left doesn't like", whatever the fuck that means in your head? Who exactly are you claiming speaks for "the left", and how do I know if I'm part of "the left"?

By all means, though that's not the point is it. You mean the women that dropped dead from a coronary? Not even the prosecutor is running with that one, and their leader? Which one? The guy who was a devout Obama supporter(that was the one who set it all up FYI), or the trolls at the daily stormer?

Yeah, Jason Kessler, the Obama supporter who got the white supremacist religion back in 2013 and became a Nazi. That's the guy those idiots were following. The guy that said she deserved to die.

And I never said you did either, failing that reading comprehension or I'm striking too close to home and you actually believe deep down that it's okay to do.
So how about you learn to address my statements instead of just making random comments after quoting me? Think you can manage to be coherent for a post or two?

Tiny group of people? You mean like MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Mic, verge, guardian? Well those are very tiny organizations which have no reader base at all right? All those artists, media people, and so on who were out there and claim that they're progressives and are perfectly fine with "punching a nazi" right?
I'm sure there are a lot of people who are cool with punching Nazis, just as there are a lot of Nazis cool with punching pretty much anybody. Guess a lot of people still remember their fathers' and grandfathers' stories about fighting Nazis and don't want to see that happen again. I don't subscribe to that particular belief, and find it counterproductive, but I understand the concern.

What exactly is MSNBC or whoever saying that has your panties in a bunch? You're making these claims that they're all crazy ass lefties that have lost their minds. Where's the proof?

It is, but that didn't stop the critics from complaining that it's terrible because it's full of white males. And in several cases, that was their direct justification for panning the movie.

Where are all these critics? Even that bastion of liberalism that is NPR aired several good reviews of it.

I'm not sure what to say to you since you've decided to appoint yourself arbiter of who speaks for "the left", and apparently you've already decided who "the left" is, but haven't been willing to share that information here.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

32. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 9, 2017, 17:46 Muscular Beaver

So some people complained that that slogan sounded like Trump and his supporters are all Nazis, and the media (and enough idiots who fall for it) spins it into #NaziLivesMatter.
Yep. A good example how our society works nowadays. Going backwards in time, aiming for that missed 1984, obviously.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

31. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 9, 2017, 08:30 Beamer

What could we possibly dispute? You said "didn't stop the critics from complaining that it was terrible because it was full of white males" about a movie that's sitting at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes.

In what world is a movie sitting at 89% one that critics called terrible?

Only in the world of a basement dweller that spends all day reading T_D and KiA, two sites also full of basement dwellers that don't interact with the rest of humanity on any kind of basis.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

30. No subject Oct 9, 2017, 02:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 10:39:
You learn a lot about a man by his decision to say "rheeeee."

And you learn he's beyond being triggered and offended.
You learn quite a bit about someone by their inability to directly reply to a person. You learn that when they can't actually dispute anything that someone has said, they're living in their own little social bubble which socially reinforces what they believe in. And it helps them project all their own insecurities onto others. Which are most often reflections of their own lives, and you should feel deep pity for that person.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 02:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 11:53:
/r/politics doesn't ban you for having different opinions. The only time I've been temp-banned from there was when I crossed the line into making a personal attack. I see the same /r/t_d assholes posting in politics all the time, so they obviously aren't getting banned for disagreeing.

Really? Post your account then post the following: "I think trump is doing okay, and his policies on immigration are a step in the right direction."

They are the definition of a partisan circlejerk.
You might have missed it in their side bar, but that's exactly what they bill themselves as.

See, you're already creating a straw man here, saying things that I never said. I'm a gun owner and I support gun rights, and nobody has called me a Nazi for it. You must live in some weird little bubble somewhere, or people are just tired of your permanently aggrieved attitude and victim complex and are saying things to make you go away.
See, you're not reading. I never said that you said that, but you sure took it to mean that I said that about you. You obviously haven't been paying very much attention to the political press in the US for the last 6 months. Which of course I suppose is just a little bubble in your world.

People who defend the Nazis and white supremacists deserve to be called what they are. If they don't like it, that's their problem. There's no right to be respected. It was one of them who killed that woman in Charlottesville. Their leader there even praised the murderer for it.
By all means, though that's not the point is it. You mean the women that dropped dead from a coronary? Not even the prosecutor is running with that one, and their leader? Which one? The guy who was a devout Obama supporter(that was the one who set it all up FYI), or the trolls at the daily stormer?

I never said anything about assaulting anyone, so no, I wouldn't say that's fine. Got anymore straw men you want to beat on? I can wait.
And I never said you did either, failing that reading comprehension or I'm striking too close to home and you actually believe deep down that it's okay to do.

Ahh, so you basically just find some opinion from some tiny group of people and apply it to "the left" to justify all your hatred and attacks. Got it. I'm not sure who it is that you think speaks for "the left", but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about it.
Tiny group of people? You mean like MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Mic, verge, guardian? Well those are very tiny organizations which have no reader base at all right? All those artists, media people, and so on who were out there and claim that they're progressives and are perfectly fine with "punching a nazi" right?

I've got tickets to see Bladerunner tomorrow, btw, and from what I've read of the reviews, it should be pretty good
It is, but that didn't stop the critics from complaining that it's terrible because it's full of white males. And in several cases, that was their direct justification for panning the movie.

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 12:09:
RE: Mashiki Amiketo

Snap out of it son.
Dispute anything I've said.

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:07:
Here's an example of MA's "Liberals" on KiA

Liberals, well known fans of Project Veritas, Stephen Crowder, and oh look some Anti-Semitic dogwhistling.
They're fans? Or are they pointing out something factual. Oh right! Look at those people who are pointing out that there's something fishy going on with youtube and it's engaging in favoritism for one particular group of people. Looks like you're injecting your own personal biases out because someone used "naughty words" of people you don't like and made an assumption.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 14:07 NKD

Here's an example of MA's "Liberals" on KiA

Liberals, well known fans of Project Veritas, Stephen Crowder, and oh look some Anti-Semitic dogwhistling.

You are being watched.

27. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 12:09 VaranDragon

RE: Mashiki Amiketo

Snap out of it son.

26. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 11:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 06:18:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 19:30:
Most of us don't see the triggered Trumpists on Reddit because the slightest criticism gets you permabanned from their safe spaces.
Really? You mean like how the slightest deviation on /r/poltics /r/feminism, 2x, cringe, pics, etc,etc,etc,etc, and all those other subs which auto-ban you for participating in other subs? Or all those subs which ban you when you deviate from the slightest current groupthink? Can you figure out why T_D exists the way it does? No? It's because people were pushed out of every other sub for not falling in line.

Your argument about why t_d is the way it is makes no sense either. If it were for the reasons you say, they should be allowing everyone to say what they want, but they don't. Their mods will ban you almost immediately if you say anything critical of Trump or if you take a position that isn't the party line there. They are the definition of a partisan circlejerk.

Who's calling everyone Nazis? People are calling Nazis Nazis, as well as those that are supporting and defending those Nazis, because they seem to have the same mindset and beliefs.
So because you don't support a view you're a nazi? How about free speech? Still a nazi? Those are both current "you're a nazi" beliefs in progressive circles. How about gun rights? Yep nazi. Protesting something that the left doesn't like? Nazi. Have a kink they don't like? Yep nazi. Refusing to adhere to their CoC, in your own project? Nazi. Like a cartoon frog? Nazi. Shitposting? Nazi. Troll, well they're always nazi's(unless we're doing it).

See, you're already creating a straw man here, saying things that I never said. I'm a gun owner and I support gun rights, and nobody has called me a Nazi for it. You must live in some weird little bubble somewhere, or people are just tired of your permanently aggrieved attitude and victim complex and are saying things to make you go away.

People who defend the Nazis and white supremacists deserve to be called what they are. If they don't like it, that's their problem. There's no right to be respected. It was one of them who killed that woman in Charlottesville. Their leader there even praised the murderer for it.

Have you figured out where the left has gone wrong yet? Have you figured out where they decided to grab onto identity politics with both hands and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE into "everyone is a nazi" land yet? Oh and of course, since all those people *are* nazi's it's fine to assault them right? And you can't forget that if you don't support doing that, you're also a nazi.

I never said anything about assaulting anyone, so no, I wouldn't say that's fine. Got anymore straw men you want to beat on? I can wait.

Seems like quite a few people would also be quite happy with the latest "REEEEEEEEEEEing" going on over the bladerunner movie too. Don't worry, you can reee right along with them because there's "white males" in there.

Ahh, so you basically just find some opinion from some tiny group of people and apply it to "the left" to justify all your hatred and attacks. Got it. I'm not sure who it is that you think speaks for "the left", but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about it.

I've got tickets to see Bladerunner tomorrow, btw, and from what I've read of the reviews, it should be pretty good

25. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 10:39 Beamer

You learn a lot about a man by his decision to say "rheeeee."

You learn that he's socially maladjusted, and likely has no one close in his work or professional life. You learn that he likely spends all his time in the dark. You learn that he doesn't like himself, and probably thinks it's because he's so smart that neither he nor anyone else likes him. You learn he's not actually that smart, but intelligence is the only thing he has any confidence in. You learn that he ironically calls himself "deplorable" without realizing that most everyone finds him to be such.

And you learn he's beyond being triggered and offended.

-------------

24. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 09:25 nomoreshite

mm, someone seems to have been triggered in here!!

23. No subject Oct 8, 2017, 06:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 09:07:
There are people offended enough here to keep talking about it, and MA seems really offended by something as he keeps talking about it.

For the record, KiA is probably the low point of the internet. Impotent incels lashing out in any direction because it's the only thing they feel they have power about in their lives.

An anti-GG sub which was over-run a year and a half ago and effectively taken over by people who hate gamergate is the authoritative face of gamergate? That's pretty brilliant there. Nah, the only thing I'm offended by is your bounding failures in logic and reasoning.

Apparently you don't spend much time on or reading /r/politics. If you did, then you'd actually see the low point of the internet. The irony of using incels but also claiming to be progressive...

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 19:30:
Most of us don't see the triggered Trumpists on Reddit because the slightest criticism gets you permabanned from their safe spaces.
Really? You mean like how the slightest deviation on /r/poltics /r/feminism, 2x, cringe, pics, etc,etc,etc,etc, and all those other subs which auto-ban you for participating in other subs? Or all those subs which ban you when you deviate from the slightest current groupthink? Can you figure out why T_D exists the way it does? No? It's because people were pushed out of every other sub for not falling in line.

Who's calling everyone Nazis? People are calling Nazis Nazis, as well as those that are supporting and defending those Nazis, because they seem to have the same mindset and beliefs.
So because you don't support a view you're a nazi? How about free speech? Still a nazi? Those are both current "you're a nazi" beliefs in progressive circles. How about gun rights? Yep nazi. Protesting something that the left doesn't like? Nazi. Have a kink they don't like? Yep nazi. Refusing to adhere to their CoC, in your own project? Nazi. Like a cartoon frog? Nazi. Shitposting? Nazi. Troll, well they're always nazi's(unless we're doing it).

Have you figured out where the left has gone wrong yet? Have you figured out where they decided to grab onto identity politics with both hands and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE into "everyone is a nazi" land yet? Oh and of course, since all those people *are* nazi's it's fine to assault them right? And you can't forget that if you don't support doing that, you're also a nazi.

Seems like quite a few people would also be quite happy with the latest "REEEEEEEEEEEing" going on over the bladerunner movie too. Don't worry, you can reee right along with them because there's "white males" in there.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject Oct 8, 2017, 06:08 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 08:29:
Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm still a free speech absolutist. I think you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want, and I should be able to call you whatever the fuck I want for having said it. I still think the campus hysteria going on is bullshit, and don't support no-platforming people. I think you have to let people speak if you want to call them out on their bullshit. ...

Also, since you asked. Here is the profile of the typical KiA user these days. Another one. And I found these guys in one small thread. If you'd like I can probably dig up a good hundred or so T_D posters in the first page alone.

Of course now I'm sure you'll argue Trump has great support on the left and T_D is a leftist paradise.

EDIT: Found this lovely tool. If you scroll down to the calculator you can put in a subreddit and it will show you how similar they are in terms of users. Typing in KotakuInAction gives you the anti-SJW subs you would expect, but also highly correlates with Mens Rights, The_Donald, 4chan, CringeAnarchy, and other lovely lovely places that I'm sure are full of leftists. Doesn't seem to correlate with any ACTUAL leftist subs though, strangely.

Who are those people? No really who are they? Those are actual KiA posters, people who I can't even remember seeing in the last ~3 years posting there are your posterboy's? Why not take a look at some of those other "typical users" you know like this this person here or this one? You know actual regular posters. You're pulling the same shit that you claim that KiA is. "OMG LOOK AT THESE PEOPLES! THEY'RE 100% THE FACE OF THE SUB GAIS!" Remember that whole "no leader, all are leaders" bit. Yeah.

You seem to have a real problem with Trump, and it's all based on his personality. Not the stuff he's doing, not the stuff that's happened. But full on Trump derangement syndrome, just like the progressives with their rabid BDS.

Yeah, that lovely tool which just happens to fail at the overwhelming overlap of 2x, politics, feminism, and anti-mra subs. So very useful. Remember that old saying correlation != causation?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 02:00 Capitan

20. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 7, 2017, 19:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 21:11:
Unable to find triggered trump supporters on reddit.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 21:11:
Yeah so was I. Like I said, the only disturbing thing that's going on with this is how batshit insane the political left have become at labeling anyone who doesn't bow down to their ideology are nazi's.

19. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 7, 2017, 09:07 Beamer

There are people offended enough here to keep talking about it, and MA seems really offended by something as he keeps talking about it.

For the record, KiA is probably the low point of the internet. Impotent incels lashing out in any direction because it's the only thing they feel they have power about in their lives.

-------------

18. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 7, 2017, 08:29 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 06:49:

And I remember. Did you ever think for a moment that they didn't change but you did? That rather then them "going right" you went "further left" and went so far left that you are now seeing nazi's hiding under your sheets and labeling people as pseudo-nazi's.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm still a free speech absolutist. I think you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want, and I should be able to call you whatever the fuck I want for having said it. I still think the campus hysteria going on is bullshit, and don't support no-platforming people. I think you have to let people speak if you want to call them out on their bullshit.

What I can't get behind is people who try and defend folks like Bannon. Not just his right to speak his mind, but defending him as a person and downplaying the things he has said in the past. When KiA has threads about Bannon and other Breitbart-tier dog whistlers they aren't just saying "I hate this guy but he has the right to speak." No, they are saying "This is actually a decent guy!" Sorry, couching his racism in absolutely transparent euphemisms doesn't make him any better.

I also can't get behind anyone who supports a guy like Donald Trump as President. He's an up-jumped scam artist and reality TV buffoon who I first learned of via tabloid covers while shopping with my mother as a child. Anyone who grew up in the 70s or 80s knows exactly who and what Trump is. Particularly if you're from NYC.

Also, since you asked. Here is the profile of the typical KiA user these days. Another one. And I found these guys in one small thread. If you'd like I can probably dig up a good hundred or so T_D posters in the first page alone.

Of course now I'm sure you'll argue Trump has great support on the left and T_D is a leftist paradise.

EDIT: Found this lovely tool. If you scroll down to the calculator you can put in a subreddit and it will show you how similar they are in terms of users. Typing in KotakuInAction gives you the anti-SJW subs you would expect, but also highly correlates with Mens Rights, The_Donald, 4chan, CringeAnarchy, and other lovely lovely places that I'm sure are full of leftists. Doesn't seem to correlate with any ACTUAL leftist subs though, strangely.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 08:59.

You are being watched.

17. No subject Oct 7, 2017, 06:49 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 00:30:
That hasn't been true in a long time. Those of us on the left who were following the Gamergate stuff got chased out by Trumpers a long time ago. The place was taken over by a bunch of baby snowflakes who are worse than the SJWs we used to laugh at in there.

That's why 90% of the threads in there are about people "censoring" the alt-reich instead of about game journalism.

If the left is so hell bent on painting everyone as Nazis, why does the "left-leaning KIA" seem so concerned about how alt-right provocateurs are portrayed by the media?

EDIT: FYI you can search my post history for "Gamergate" and you can see that my comments in early 2015, late 2014 are generally supportive of GG and dismissive of the people who were smearing it. I was an early supporter and thought that we needed to clean up games journalism a bit. But GG, particularly KiA, went way beyond that and started taking up the banner of the opposition to any and all things to the left of Breitbart.

Uh-huh. And I bet you can't point to a single "trumpers" and their "evilness snowflakiness." But let's take a look, nope not seeing any "alt-reich" threads, but it sure does look like someone has drank some pretty hard koolaid and is screeching that anyone who doesn't follow their view point is an alt-reicher.

The left or rather far-left is hell bent on painting everyone as nazi's. Left-leaning KiA is still left leaning, but considering they're coming to bat for anyone who's being silenced and the majority are on the right doesn't really matter in their book. Or did you happen to miss out that the media and social justice supporters were the ones engaging in identity politics exceptionally hard.

So off the top we have: Neogaf engaging in hive-mind politics and attacking people for wrong think. Thread about Sky Williams video being censored for "hate speech." Socjus firm getting slapped for discriminating against women. Jeff Cannata being thrown to the wolves by socjus inc., for daring to talk to someone who isn't drinking the koolaid. Thread on journo who was slandered/defamed by buzzfeed. Vice firing a reporter for talking with the "wrong kind of people." Youtube continuing to be shit and selectively blocking things.

Yes very "alt-reich."

And I remember. Did you ever think for a moment that they didn't change but you did? That rather then them "going right" you went "further left" and went so far left that you are now seeing nazi's hiding under your sheets and labeling people as pseudo-nazi's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo