Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 23:07 MeanJim

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 13:36:
As for Steam, why don't you just leave the username/pw to said person? Problem solved.

That's what I plan to do, although it isn't as easy just giving a username and password to someone. For that person to be able to take control of the account, they'd also need to be able to access my email and mobile authenticator too. Seeing both of those change might throw up a flag at Valve for them to look into the account.

Another tricky situation that should be addressed is "family accounts." I'm not the only one I know that has created a second Steam account as a family account to be able to play coop with family and friends. I don't consider myself as owner of that account since I have my own personal account.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 17:26 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 17:02:
Personally I find the dirty Chinese restaurant game pretty funny. It seems our health department is shutting one of those down about every month. Mexican restaurants are also common on this list. There are a lot of clean ones of course, but that does not excuse the dirty ones.

"When ethnic restaurant owners send us their food, they aren't sending us their best. There are rats, roaches, severed fingers. And some, I assume, are edible meals."

"We need to shut them all down until we can vet them properly and figure out what the hell is going on!"

You are being watched.

17. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 17:02 Ozmodan

Personally I find the dirty Chinese restaurant game pretty funny. It seems our health department is shutting one of those down about every month. Mexican restaurants are also common on this list. There are a lot of clean ones of course, but that does not excuse the dirty ones.  

16. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 14:10 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 13:53:
That's pretty damn tacky there, Telltale. You couldn't spend the couple of hours to draw the scene yourself?

As for Steam, why don't you just leave the username/pw to said person? Problem solved.
Bingo,
Just change the default email address, contact info and payment method.
And Viola (Voilą for the sensitive) Presto Chango you got an instant transfer, you just gotta do it before you're dead.
No one, including Valve, would ever be the wiser.

I never plan on dying, so why would I do that?

Stay a while, and listen.

15. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 14:04 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:18:
I would just point out that sometimes these things just end up making more money due to all of the media and end up on a different platform, something of a pyrrhic victory.

True, the Streisand effect.

14. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 13:53 RedEye9

That's pretty damn tacky there, Telltale. You couldn't spend the couple of hours to draw the scene yourself?

Bingo,
Just change the default email address, contact info and payment method.
And Viola (Voilą for the sensitive) Presto Chango you got an instant transfer, you just gotta do it before you're dead.
No one, including Valve, would ever be the wiser.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

13. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 13:37 The Half Elf

I actually sent a email to Valve suggesting that my account my auctioned off, and all proceeds go to a charity.
Sadly never heard anything back.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

12. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 13:36 Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2017, 13:48.

11. No subject Oct 6, 2017, 13:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Peter M. Smith wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:41:

Please tell me if you ever go to court over this matter. I would love to see the look on your face when the judge explains to you what agreements mean, and the look on your lawyer's face when they get threatened with sanctions.
Here in Canada it doesn't work like that. You don't have a license to use the product, you own the product and have the right to do what you want with that product. It also doesn't work like that in the EU, where licenses are considered products.

Valve can have whatever it wants in it's agreement, but it doesn't supersede the rights granted to you by law. Just like an agreement or license can't force you to waive rights guaranteed by law.

Mileage may vary in the US, but that's your own problem to fix.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. removed Oct 6, 2017, 12:53 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 6, 2017, 12:59.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

9. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 12:18 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:08:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:34:

Who cares if your game is offensive! Release it and let the free market decide. "this game hurt my feelings"... give me a damn break.

Who cares if your shop won't serve blacks! Run your business and let the free market decide. "this shop hurt my feelings"... give me a damn break

Kind of apples and oranges. He's basically saying let the game sink or swim on its merits. I think it's an OK argument (I kind of doubt his personal motives in making it) but we do have to make exceptions for things that incite hate speech and violence. Does Dirty Chinese Restaurant qualify? It's offensive and crude but to many people so is "Dear White People: I bet you think this is about you" and yes I know what the show is truly about, it's just a recent example with a silly title to incite attention that came to mind.

The irony is that most of my chinese colleagues are the first to lampoon Asian stereotypes and would probably get a laugh out of this. But I certainly wouldn't be showing it to them

And yeah like NKD said, if a company wants to cave and not offer the game that is the free market deciding. I would just point out that sometimes these things just end up making more money due to all of the media and end up on a different platform, something of a pyrrhic victory.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

8. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 12:10 NKD

Also can I just point out how this dude is crying about how they should they "let the free market decide" and conveniently ignoring that bad press, and responding to bad press, is a big part of the free market? It's not like the government said "Yo, you can't sell this shit."

Homie, you're not a supporter of the free market if you don't support the chance at occasionally being out-done by over-sensitives ninnies.

You are being watched.

7. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 12:08 jdreyer

Who cares if your game is offensive! Release it and let the free market decide. "this game hurt my feelings"... give me a damn break.

Who cares if your shop won't serve blacks! Run your business and let the free market decide. "this shop hurt my feelings"... give me a damn break

6. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 12:04 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:43:
Holy crap our world is descending into leftist progressive PC hell.

Every one of you leftist antifa worshiping fools on this site are partially responsible for this garbage.

No one here is "antifa," and sorry if we offended your delicate sensibilities, snowflake.

Beam, he said you worship antifa. And we can't deny it, we bow down and pray toward Seattle five times daily.

He hates antifa, therefore he's a fascist, so I'll be reporting him to antifa leadership.

5. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:51 NKD

Every one of you leftist antifa worshiping fools on this site are partially responsible for this garbage.

You sound pretty triggered. And what's this about the "free market"? Are you a globalist cuck in bed with the deep state?

You are being watched.

4. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:43 Beamer

No one here is "antifa," and sorry if we offended your delicate sensibilities, snowflake.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:41 Peter M. Smith

deqer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 10:24:
The only reason I clicked "I agree" was so I could login and access my previously purchased games.

Please tell me if you ever go to court over this matter. I would love to see the look on your face when the judge explains to you what agreements mean, and the look on your lawyer's face when they get threatened with sanctions.

2. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:34 Timmeh

1. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 deqer

Sorry, but I disagree with that. If I want to leave my Steam account with someone after I die, I have that right. It's my account.

The only reason I clicked "I agree" was so I could login and access my previously purchased games.

You may call it a license that I'm purchasing, but I call it a product. The fact that it's in digital form is irrelevant. In fact, being in digital form, I'm sure your company is saving millions and millions on simply copy/pasting your game to multiple copies to sell in digital format.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo