Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode

Bethesda.net has word that Skyrim Creation Club is now live for Skyrim Special Edition on all platforms. This includes a number of modifications for the RPG, including a week of free access to their new survival mode. Here's part of the announcement that covers that release:

Following its August launch for Fallout 4, Creation Club is now live across all platforms for Skyrim Special Edition, with a diverse lineup of new content – including Survival Mode.

Featuring new items, abilities and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners – including the best community creators – Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game, official add-ons, and achievements. All Creation Club content works on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. And of course, Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. To learn more, check out our updated FAQ.

Here’s what’s currently available for Skyrim Special Edition, with more content coming soon throughout the upcoming months.

Survival Mode
Challenge yourself with new gameplay features that will transform Skyrim into a land of unrelenting cold and harsh wilderness. As a special bonus, Survival Mode will be available for free through October 10, 2017. For all the details, check out our in-depth look.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 5, 2017, 23:08 jdreyer

I wonder if this will delay Skywind...  

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 5, 2017, 07:33 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:13:
I don't understand why they make us pay for a survival mode when there's already free mods that do the same thing and more.
Because console players cannot mod their games? And there are enough PC players who cannot be bothered to fiddle around with mods, who just want to click on a button for new content.

25. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 5, 2017, 05:43 Vio

Sigh are these okes still trying to milk their old IP cash cow. It's a old game already, move on...  

24. No subject Oct 4, 2017, 22:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:47:
Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?

The updates to the exe are. The special ed., is between oldrim and FO4 in terms of functions, even though it's x64. That meant that the script extender had to be rebuilt from the ground up for both x64 versions. When the game is updated, it has a tendency to change where the hooks were used by the script extender. The priority is still working SE, followed by working skyui(with MCM support). Once it's done it's all downhill adding functions back in.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 16:19 Brazor

Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:47:
Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?
Yes, but technically it's updating the game that causes it to stop working. As it's built for a specific version of the base game. Give it a few days and the author will update it. Just like what happened with FO4.
Don't forget to run LOOT before you play. Some people reported that their load order was messed up by the CC adding to it.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 16:17 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 16:07:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:18:
~
player.modav carryweight 1000
~

Enjoy.

How many wheels of cheese would this be?

All the wheels.

21. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 16:16 jdreyer

@Nucas,

Heh, great story about the demon.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 16:07 Wallshadows

~
~

Enjoy.

How many wheels of cheese would this be?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 15:56 El Pit

~
~

Enjoy.

^^This!!!

I could never really enjoy Skyrim without this little command line.

Well, okay, I admit it: I am a hoarder of virtual goods!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

18. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 15:21 Mordecai Walfish

Meh if it's any good I'll just crack the legal version of Skyrim I already have (bought multiple times too and as gifts as well) and get the mod elsewhere. No fucking way I'm supporting Bethesda's newest "inventive" method of milking it's fanbase. I would (and have) given to the patreon accts of many modders, but will never venture down the avenue that Bethesda is trying to take us here. Fuck everything about this.  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 14:41 Nucas

DrSquick wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 11:02:
Yeah I agree. I'm a horrible hoarder in games like Skyrim. So my first few play through were stressful that I had to constantly decide if I wanted to hoof it back to my house to save stuff or leave it on the ground. Once I learned about mods I installed one that dramatically changed weights, like making potions 0 weight; and then the game became much more fun for me.

i used to be like this in the infinity engine days. i owe it all to icewind dale 2 for finally snapping me out of it. towards the end of the game i was confronted by some high level baatezu, and went to speak to him, and he was essentially like "what can you offer me that's worth more than the pleasure of slaying you myself?" and i replied "plenty! perhaps i could offer you this dead dog? or this dead cat? i also have a dead man, or maybe a dead woman. i also have a dead child."

apparently in the course of playing and stuffing everything into my bags of holding i'd grabbed these corpses, since they were unique i thought "well maybe these will be handy later."

the demon just basically said "wow. why are you carrying that around? that's fucked up dude." and vanished.

that defining moment in 2002 was what finally freed me from pointlessly hoarding pointless digital goods, and now i quaff potions freely and happily use consumable goods. thank you, icewind dale 2.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 14:18 Creston

DrSquick wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 11:02:
Alamar wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:23:
That Survival Mode looks kind of cool... And annoying heh... The lower carry weight will probably suck more than the other changes though ; )

Yeah I agree. I'm a horrible hoarder in games like Skyrim. So my first few play through were stressful that I had to constantly decide if I wanted to hoof it back to my house to save stuff or leave it on the ground. Once I learned about mods I installed one that dramatically changed weights, like making potions 0 weight; and then the game became much more fun for me.

~
~

Enjoy.

15. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 14:16 Creston

Featuring new items, abilities and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios

The guy who made Frostfall. Please enjoy it, like you were able to do before. Free for a week only (*), unless you download Frostfall, in which case it's free for all time.

(*)ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

Oh well, I hope Chesko at least makes some money off of it.

14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 14:13 ItBurn

I don't understand why they make us pay for a survival mode when there's already free mods that do the same thing and more. Maybe they're just testing the waters to see what consumers will pay for. Beth does that a lot.  

13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 13:59 Fion

IMHO Survival Mode is fine for console users, and for some may even be worth that $10 price tag. It's important to note that you cannot adjust any features, just turn them on or off.

With PC on the other hand, you can get the same features with much more depth and customization with a handful of popular mods. Frostfall + Camping + Wet & Cold + Realistic Needs and Diseases. Add in more dynamic or impressive weather? Choose from Vivid Weathers, Climates of Tamriel or True Storms. Each brings something new to the table.

There you have it, five free mods that do what Survival Mode does and so much... much more. These are all part of my 'must have' mods list, and I have them activated on almost every single playthrough.

As to the Creation Club, I'm going to keep a 'wait and see' attitude. If DLC quality & size content comes out at a reasonable price I may well purchase it. But if it's just going to be asking me to pay for new gameplay that I already have with mods (and those mods do it better), I won't ever touch it.

I see it doing great on like the PS4, which has very limiting rules placed on any mods added to the platform.

12. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 13:35 Kajetan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 13:04:
It's heading to monetization for modifications.
It's not. This is not "Paid Mods", it's third party DLC.

I have no problem with modders getting paid for their work, but I do have a problem with Bethesda taking a cut of it for Copyright bullshit reasons.
Modders work for Bethesda. They are not modding the game, after acceptance by Beth they are developing commercial DLC. That is the reason why Beth does not monetize an already existing survival mod, but instead develops its own implementation. Beth is avoiding all the trappings and obstacles, which may come up when monetizing already existing mods.

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 12:31:
Fuck the Creation Club, seriously. I've read into it and you know this isn't going anywhere good for gamers.

It's heading to monetization for modifications.

It used to to be, a good mod would get you employed and a profit cut on the standalone release(see counter strike or Team fortress or Dota)
I have no problem with modders getting paid for their work, but I do have a problem with Bethesda taking a cut of it for Copyright bullshit reasons.

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 12:41 Acleacius

Occ, is it possible to disable or not install creation club? Just wondered if it was like a dlc that didn't need to be installed. I've never installed the Special Edition because it breaks all the great mods.  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

9. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 12:31 Verno

Fuck the Creation Club, seriously. I've read into it and you know this isn't going anywhere good for gamers.  
Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 11:53 jdreyer

"Use your aggressive feelings, Bluke. Let the hate flow through you."

Evil

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo