Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out

Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson announces the release of Forza Motorsport 7 for Windows 10 and Xbox One, their latest "Xbox Play Anywhere" title. This is not to be confused with the "ultimate edition" released on Friday that included a couple of days of early access. Here's word:

Experience the thrill of motorsport at the limit with the most comprehensive, beautiful and authentic racing game ever made. Enjoy gorgeous graphics at 60fps and native 4K resolution in HDR. Collect and race more than 700 cars, including the largest collection of Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis ever. Challenge yourself across 30 famous destinations and 200 ribbons, where race conditions change every time you return to the track.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 4, 2017, 20:08 Slick

Avus wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 09:22:
I will play this game when it is available on Steam...

Why do you prefer one DRM over another?

Why not at least say: "I'll buy this when it's on GOG?"

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 4, 2017, 18:45 D4rkKnight

DangerDog wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 03:29:
700 cars would be great for Grand Theft Auto game but in a racing game you only care about maybe 25-50 of them, if that.

No Toyota cars either, stay classy Toyota.

That's the whole point, you will CHOOSE 25-50 (given that the game modes encourage you to use many different cars its more like 75-100) out of 700+. Of the other games he mentioned there are 25-50 cars total in the entire game. You have no choice, its linear as shit.

The entire game is based around choices, same as Gran Turismo used to be (not sure about Sport, looks like a linear PC racer). Not to mention all the customization choices that dwarf whats available in any of the games mentioned.

That's the difference, and Project Cars/Assetto Corsa and any other racer on the PC never come close to approaching that depth of these games. I will give Assetto a nod for having a much more mature driving model then any Forza/GT ever has.

17. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 4, 2017, 09:22 Avus

I will play this game when it is available on Steam...  

ďI am not a Mac user unless under duress.Ē - John Carmack

16. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 4, 2017, 03:29 DangerDog

700 cars would be great for Grand Theft Auto game but in a racing game you only care about maybe 25-50 of them, if that.

No Toyota cars either, stay classy Toyota.

15. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 23:23 D4rkKnight

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 22:20:
D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 20:57:
That "bullshit" is what separates Forza from PC racing games in general. Campaign mode & buying/collecting cars is a big part of the draw that few PC racing games attempt.

Right, because Grid didn't have a career mode or the ability to collect your season winning cars. Or TDU. Or MCLA. Or The Crew. Or tons of other racing games. Forza Motorsports is no longer a "motorsports" game so the excuse of "those games had street cars in them" won't wash. Racing Polaris ATVs around Spa is "motorsport" now? Or Isettas?

Oh, let me guess, Forza is different because you can customize your driving suit!

700 cars

14. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 22:20 Burrito of Peace

D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 20:57:
That "bullshit" is what separates Forza from PC racing games in general. Campaign mode & buying/collecting cars is a big part of the draw that few PC racing games attempt.

Right, because Grid didn't have a career mode or the ability to collect your season winning cars. Or TDU. Or MCLA. Or The Crew. Or tons of other racing games. Forza Motorsports is no longer a "motorsports" game so the excuse of "those games had street cars in them" won't wash. Racing Polaris ATVs around Spa is "motorsport" now? Or Isettas?

Oh, let me guess, Forza is different because you can customize your driving suit!

13. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:57 D4rkKnight

12. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:53 Bumpy

Many gameplay changes are causing frustration with racing fans.

Seems they've tried to disguise this game as a full feature game but it plays more like a grind, loot driven Free-2-Play type game.

11. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:39 Burrito of Peace

Having played both, Project Cars 2 is a much better racing game. No bullshit, no frills, just pure racing with a stellar physics model. Oh, AND ACTUAL, FUNCTIONAL FORCEFEEDBACK SUPPORT UNLIKE FORZA.  

10. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:07 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:59:
95 gb download?

for a racing game...

This is why having a disk notcher is important. You can format and use the other side of the disk and get twice as much on it. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VlOLpWPbk

In a pinch, a regular hole puncher works just be sure to align the hole in the right spot.

2912 360k floppy disks = 1gb

276,640 floppy disks for Forza 7

the last disk has a read error

9. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 19:07 killer_roach

Dman20 wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 15:10:
95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Is that the PC or Xbox version? If Xbox version just wait for Xbox One X. Got GoW4 on the PC and its already 120Gig+, and I know its large on the Xbox One already.

That's the PC version. The Xbox One version, between disc install and download, is just under 70GB.

8. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 17:48 Sledge1

Now if only we can actually download it from the store rather than it taking multiple tries/restarts and it having re download data again etc  

7. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 17:24 LittleMe

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

This is why having a disk notcher is important. You can format and use the other side of the disk and get twice as much on it. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VlOLpWPbk

In a pinch, a regular hole puncher works just be sure to align the hole in the right spot.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

6. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 16:35 Dman20

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 16:18:
95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Racing games are starting to not reuse textures for the tracks, so the road looks more realistic. Add in the truly ridiculous number of cars, and itís not terribly surprising. Everyone wants bigger, better looking games and now youíre complaining that someone made one?
50gb is gonna be the norm pretty soon, with the occasional 100+ game. As someone else said, GoW4 is even larger. How big is the next GTA gonna be?

I'm surprised its not happening more often. Guess whats even more surprising is really these sizes are only on Xbox One games, I know the bigger ones at least its because it shares assets with the PC version but still. PS4 games seem are smaller in size overall.

5. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 16:18 HoSpanky

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Racing games are starting to not reuse textures for the tracks, so the road looks more realistic. Add in the truly ridiculous number of cars, and itís not terribly surprising. Everyone wants bigger, better looking games and now youíre complaining that someone made one?
50gb is gonna be the norm pretty soon, with the occasional 100+ game. As someone else said, GoW4 is even larger. How big is the next GTA gonna be?

4. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 15:34 theglaze

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Sweet baby Jesus!

3. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 15:10 Dman20

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Is that the PC or Xbox version? If Xbox version just wait for Xbox One X. Got GoW4 on the PC and its already 120Gig+, and I know its large on the Xbox One already.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2017, 16:33.

2. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 14:59 DangerDog

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

1. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 14:58 The Half Elf

Dear Forza,
I love you and love your series. I love it even more with Play anywhere. Sadly we've driven the same turns, in the same cars for quite some time. I'm not saying we are done. But right now I need a bit of a break for all the other stuff coming out this month.
Don't get me wrong we're still friends with benefits, but I need to play the field a bit more.

Love always (except for that breaking shit they did in the last game),
Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo