Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer

A new trailer from Middle-earth: Shadow of War introduces the Warmonger tribe in the open-world action/RPG that's due for release next week. The video comes along with this description of this Orc faction:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released a NEW video for Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, spotlighting the Warmonger tribe, a faction of Orcs who take reverence for warfare to new levels. For a Warmonger Orc, every moment not spent in battle is a moment wasted as their greatest Warchiefs are those who have carved a bloody swath across Mordor, slaying everything in their path. In Shadow of War™, Orcs now belong to tribes, which extend their influence stemming from the Overlords ruling the mighty fortresses throughout the open world, providing a rich ecosystem of missions, exploration and a dynamic Orc society with diverse Orc cultures, all brought to life through the expanded Nemesis System. The Warmonger Orcs are masters of war and combat, they seek it out and relish it, honouring Sauron's name with every riven shield and battle won.
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 3, 2017, 22:03 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 20:35:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:39:
The game difficulty wasn't adjusted to maximize the use of the boxes. The only ones that truly help you play the game are obtainable rather easily via in-game currency.

You kind of have to take their word at that, though. Every dev says "Oh no, you can earn everything easy without spending extra money!" and then a lot of the times it turns out their idea of easy is "grind 60 hours."

Not saying SoM2 is going to be like that, but if there truly is no need for loot boxes, nobody would buy them. And Warned Bros is a giant DICK of a publisher.

I'll err on the side of caution.

I've had some pretty extensive hands-on with the game, and my experience has shown me that the shop is effectively only going to be 'abused' by people who either want a very, very specific Orc or those that want to flex their e-peen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 20:35 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:39:
The game difficulty wasn't adjusted to maximize the use of the boxes. The only ones that truly help you play the game are obtainable rather easily via in-game currency.

You kind of have to take their word at that, though. Every dev says "Oh no, you can earn everything easy without spending extra money!" and then a lot of the times it turns out their idea of easy is "grind 60 hours."

Not saying SoM2 is going to be like that, but if there truly is no need for loot boxes, nobody would buy them. And Warned Bros is a giant DICK of a publisher.

I'll err on the side of caution.

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 19:39 DarkCntry

thecakeisalie wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 17:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 17:02:
If y'all want to support this lootbox microtransaction scam then please do it all-out and preorder the gold version for $99.99 on Steam directly. I mean why hold back? Just do it! You know you want to.

This is pretty much why I'm not buying it. The regular game will no doubt be designed as such a grindfest as to "encourage" you to buy the microtransaction pay-to-win loot boxes (like Dead Space 3 was or maybe even worse). If you want to do their online ranked mode, you'll need to buy them to have any chance, just like people spend thousands on mobile games to "win" at any cost.

Here's a simple fact about the game...

The online leaderboards are nothing but e-peen contests and honestly, have literally no bearing on how the game is actually played.

Who knows, one day someone might actually investigate things before flying off the handle.

4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 17:31 thecakeisalie

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 17:02:
If y'all want to support this lootbox microtransaction scam then please do it all-out and preorder the gold version for $99.99 on Steam directly. I mean why hold back? Just do it! You know you want to.

This is pretty much why I'm not buying it. The regular game will no doubt be designed as such a grindfest as to "encourage" you to buy the microtransaction pay-to-win loot boxes (like Dead Space 3 was or maybe even worse). If you want to do their online ranked mode, you'll need to buy them to have any chance, just like people spend thousands on mobile games to "win" at any cost.

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 17:02 CJ_Parker

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 14:27 Alamar

I assume you mean grey market crap like nuuvem... But GMG has it for a little less using their usual 20% coupon... I posted about it in a previous thread, but don't have that info atm.  

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 13:19 The Half Elf

Might pick this up. Saw a key site with it for 35 bucks.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >