Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins

The promised PC open beta for Call of Duty: WWII is now underway on Steam, offering the chance to check out the World War II shooter. The Windows beta will continue until October 2nd, and the game is expected to fully launch on November 3rd. This post says they are soliciting feedback, and this Steam Community Announcement elaborates:

Hey PC community!

The Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta is now live! We know you’ll have comments and feedback, and so we’re starting this thread as a place where you can tell us what you think. In addition to Steam, we will continue to monitor Twitter, as always, and will also be reading your comments on our official Reddit thread.

Don't hold back! Tell us what you think, but please keep it constructive and be as specific as possible. Your feedback is crucial for us, and will help make this game the best it can be for launch on November 3rd.

We have also set up a survey you can use to give us feedback on your overall experience of the PC Open Beta. You can find that form here: http://www.callofduty.com/BetaFeedback

Thank you so much for your support, dedication, interest, and continued feedback! Let’s have a great weekend and work constructively to make the most incredible experience possible for PC players!

Let the PC Open Beta begin!

The Sledgehammer Games Dev Team

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Oct 1, 2017, 09:54 Beamer

DangerDog wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 23:05:
Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:30:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:24:
Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 07:33:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 03:49:
Having to listen to women voices and screams sure does wonders for the immersion factor for a WWII game.

Totally, guy. Running around with people using killstreaks, respawning, regenerating health, etc., I totally forget I'm sitting in my home and think I'm actually out there in France or wherever, but then there's a female and I'm like whoa, I'm actually playing a video game and not a soldier from 75 years ago.

I know right? I'm totally enjoying this 4th wave feminism WWII experience.

right off the start "men and women who cleared the beach"

all those women who fought on Normandy beaches, couldn't have done it without them. Sunny

No one whines that Wolfenstein created an alternate universe with Nazi robots. Consider this an alternate universe with female combatants.

What's worse? You having to have your immersion broken by female combatants in this one game, or females having to have their immersion broken by playing as a male in nearly every single damn game ever made?

That's funny because when I played Tomb Raider I didn't think, boy I wish I could control a dude instead. Women don't care that they're playing as a guy in a video game, only 4th wave feminists do.

the game is cancer though so the point is moot.

Explain to me what a 4th wave feminist is, and why only they care.
Or do you just regurgitate buzzwords you read on MRA sites without bothering to comprehend them or empathize?

When you whine about 4th wave feminists, you come across as an incel.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2017, 23:05 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:30:
Having to listen to women voices and screams sure does wonders for the immersion factor for a WWII game.

Totally, guy. Running around with people using killstreaks, respawning, regenerating health, etc., I totally forget I'm sitting in my home and think I'm actually out there in France or wherever, but then there's a female and I'm like whoa, I'm actually playing a video game and not a soldier from 75 years ago.

all those women who fought on Normandy beaches, couldn't have done it without them. Sunny

No one whines that Wolfenstein created an alternate universe with Nazi robots. Consider this an alternate universe with female combatants.

What's worse? You having to have your immersion broken by female combatants in this one game, or females having to have their immersion broken by playing as a male in nearly every single damn game ever made?

That's funny because when I played Tomb Raider I didn't think, boy I wish I could control a dude instead. Women don't care that they're playing as a guy in a video game, only 4th wave feminists do.

the game is cancer though so the point is moot.

20. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2017, 02:14 Retired

Played 2 rounds and uninstalled. Will be skipping this one. Skipped the last 2. The cheating is already there. Wall hacking and aimbots. *slowclap  

19. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 18:07 RaZ0r!

Played the beta. COD hasn't changed one bit since Modern Warfare 2. Same engine, same graphics, same everything.  

18. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 16:30 Beamer

-------------

17. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 16:24 DangerDog

16. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 10:56 Jagacademy

To be fair, you could make similar arguments about essentially any video game.

15. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 09:49 RedEye9

Emurshun shattered. Thanks Obama!

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

14. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 08:18 Retired

I miss the days of DoD and CoD when it was 20v20. I get it, they cater to consoles, but come on. Should be able to have massive fights that actually hold one's attention.

.....sorry, expectations aren't realistic....I know. I forget the game is for the Madden kids.

/goes back to PUBG and Div 2

13. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 07:33 Beamer

-------------

12. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 07:26 SpectralMeat

Well I am one of the rare few that actually likes the beta. I've played for about an hour last night and I did enjoy it. I think the maps are pretty cool and the gunplay feels good.
With that said unfortunately looking at the feedback from others I will most likely skip this game because I do not want to look at empty MP lobbys a month after release.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 06:38 nomoreshite

6v6 peer to peer shit again

where the hell is 16v16 like the old cods, talk about going backwards.

10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 05:36 opie

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 21:19:
Yup, it's call of Doody. Historical accuracy? Hell no. Good graphics? Sure, for 2007. more than 12 players? Nope!

you forgot the "bad port of a console" part, and guaranteed hacks... prolly out now.

9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 05:04 DarkCntry

I will say that, like TB, I liked the War mode far more than anything else...and I generally dislike Call of Duty games in multiplayer. I also agree with TB that it reminds me of Enemy Territory.

The sad part though is that it's an objective-based mode and, as you'd expect, no one plays the objectives 9 times out of 10.

I still won't purchase the game simply because it's never worth the money.

8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 04:15 Slick

LOL dude, you lasted an hour? I lasted about 45 seconds. The presentation was really nice before the actual match started, and then.... NOPE.

Uninstall.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 03:49 DangerDog

6. Re: Was actually excited about this... Sep 29, 2017, 01:16 OldDirtyEwok

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 22:01:
I was actually really excited about this CoD, as I'm not a fan of the jetpack/wall running of the last couple installments.

Preloaded earlier this week, and couldn't wait to play tonight. (Since the last open beta started early, I assumed this one would too)

Loaded it up, played it...and an hour later uninstalled.

The game feels really zoomed in for some reason, even at 90 FoV. Maps are claustrophically small, weapons take up way too much of the screen, very few players in each game, etc.

Just really "meh", through and through. Back to PUBG I imagine, sigh.

ya its a claustrophobic shit fest on ps4 as well, i don't know what the hell they were thinking developing this garbage.

5. Re: Was actually excited about this... Sep 29, 2017, 01:02 Slick

I should mention that I'm in the BF1 5v5 incursions alpha, and it's REALLY GOOD. I mean, competitive 5v5 is hot, whereas 6v6 TDM is lame. Strange, but true.  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

4. Was actually excited about this... Sep 28, 2017, 22:01 JohnBirshire

I was actually really excited about this CoD, as I'm not a fan of the jetpack/wall running of the last couple installments.

Preloaded earlier this week, and couldn't wait to play tonight. (Since the last open beta started early, I assumed this one would too)

Loaded it up, played it...and an hour later uninstalled.

The game feels really zoomed in for some reason, even at 90 FoV. Maps are claustrophically small, weapons take up way too much of the screen, very few players in each game, etc.

Just really "meh", through and through. Back to PUBG I imagine, sigh.

3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 28, 2017, 21:45 Rhett

Free open beta and it's already "Mostly Negative". Heh.

Visually looks pretty decent, but I won't ever touch another COD.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo