Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out

RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic is now available for Windows and macOS on Steam, offering the chance to relive the earliest days of the franchise in this combination of RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 remastered by franchise creator Chris Sawyer. This press release has all the details:

Fans of the original PC sim can now relive their fondest memories of the classic games as they create, customize and run their own imaginative theme parks. RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic has been remastered by Chris Sawyer and the development team at Origin8 Technologies Ltd., to include the greatest features from RCT 1 and RCT 2 and including add-ons such as the Scenario Editor Toolkit, Wacky Worlds, and Time Twister expansion packs into one tremendous new game.

To download RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic on Steam, visit: http://bit.ly/2fLNKSl.

"When I created the RollerCoaster Tycoon series nearly two decades ago, I never imagined that so many people all over the world would still enjoy the game today," said Chris Sawyer, creator and producer of the RollerCoaster Tycoon series. "It's also great to see that fans still appreciate the classic gameplay of the two titles that started it all and I'm excited to deliver their best combined features and content in the form of RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic to Steam."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 06:04 Slick

Oh I played the RCT games, they never held sway over me like Theme Park did.

I've reinstalled Theme Park dozens of times over the years, it was rough before dosbox was a thing, as even something like a P3 CPU was "too fast" to run the game properly.

It's probably nostalgia #1, but I just felt like that game was genuinely more fun than RCT, which was indeed dry. RCT just felt soulless. But I can understand anyone who's first contact with the genre was RCT, as it's a great genre, and nostalgia is a powerful aphrodesiac.

Although Planet Coaster can be a bit fiddly at times, it's mostly brilliant, and fits the bill as the king of the genre for me right now.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 05:29 Numinar

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 04:19:
Also, the "classic" IMO was Bullfrog's THEME PARK

Give the old RCT's a go. They definitely count as classic or nothing does. It's a bit drier than a bullfrog sim but the coaster physics and build options and and clunky but deformable terrain make them a superior park sim. Prototyping, testing, rebuilding and tuning an awesome RCT coaster is such a rewarding experience, and fairly authentic as well. Less so in the new ones as the 3D rendering is not as snappy and the tools a little too flexible/powerful for its own good. The 2d interface was super snappy.

Also it was written by one guy, mostly in assembly with an artist and an Amiga vet composer. It's a little pixelated miracle of a game that made millions and deserved them all until the console and mobile attempt.

4. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 04:19 Slick

Also, the "classic" IMO was Bullfrog's THEME PARK  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

3. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 04:18 Slick

...NOPE  

2. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 02:12 Numinar

Actually scratch that, sounds like a dirty mobile port. Yuck.  

1. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 01:10 Numinar

What? I didn't know I needed this till just now!

The two frontier games are great but never quite reached feature parity with and snappiness of the first two games and their expansions. Absolute classics.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo