Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2017, 09:16 Creston

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 06:15:
*update IM NOT CRAZY!*

Check out the original Trailer

The emotional target, the lighting, the volumetric effects, the shadows, the particle effects, the tone mapping...

The second trailer looks like it's from a completely different generation... I wonder if that's the console trailer, but maybe the PC version will eventually look like the first trailer?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I wonder if it's just a case of them focusing on different areas in the second trailer, but it does look a lot less ... atmospheric.

Also noticed a couple more janky animations, the gator attack, and drawing the bowstring... looked very video-gamey. Which is fine, you'd think they'd have something better for the goddamned trailer though.

I thought the gator looked alright, but I do agree with the bow draw animation, that looked pretty mediocre.

As for the horse animations though, they seem fine to me? They look the same as I remember them looking from the first RDR.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2017, 06:16 Rilcon

Really hope they announce a PC version, and that there's no long delay for it. Wasn't planning on getting a console this generation, but Redemption is one of my favourites.  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2017, 06:15 Slick

*update IM NOT CRAZY!*

Check out the original Trailer

The emotional target, the lighting, the volumetric effects, the shadows, the particle effects, the tone mapping...

The second trailer looks like it's from a completely different generation... I wonder if that's the console trailer, but maybe the PC version will eventually look like the first trailer?

Starting to get pretty disappointed, R* made a big stink about how this is the first title they built from the ground up for this generation, but it's starting to look awfully similar to GTA V, from a technical visual perspective :/

Also noticed a couple more janky animations, the gator attack, and drawing the bowstring... looked very video-gamey. Which is fine, you'd think they'd have something better for the goddamned trailer though.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2017, 06:11 Slick

huh, was it just me? or did that trailed look seriously downgraded compared with the first one? and especially compared to the screenshots they've been letting slip?

Also, the close-up of the black horse's slow-motion galloping animation seemed very blocky. I recently watched some videos from the first RDR (and also Red Dead Revolver for kicks), and I was reminded about how impressive the horse animations were, from a trot to a gait to a gallop, they were just stunning. I'm hoping that this trailer was just showing a bit of a cutscene, and that the horse galloping doesn't look that bad in the final product.

It looked like the torso of the horse was static, and just the legs were flailing in a robotic fashion. Ionno, I'm a stickler for that shit.

Still very stoked for this game

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 28, 2017, 23:32 The Half Elf

I really dislike Westerns, but if you never played Red Dead Redemption you are doing yourself a disservice.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 28, 2017, 20:29 Bumpy

I usually don't like Westerns but I must say that RDR2 trailer sure looks to be an impressive game.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo