Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2017, 12:48 RedEye9

I thought it was behind me.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Sep 29, 2017, 02:59 Wowbagger_TIP

We just did a showing of Princess Bride at a theater here as fundraiser for my team a few months ago. Still a great movie, but actually shorter than I remembered.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 17:52:
East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Haha, nice buildup, excellent payoff.

Also, ugh, 30 year anniversary of The Princess Bride...okay we're officially all old.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 19:03 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 17:52:
East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

In 11 years the Giants will ha e a great punter!

Stay a while, and listen.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 17:52 Wallshadows

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 17:00 MacLeod

DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 14:14:
actually the article says only one of the kids will be playing as a human in the movie, the rest are going to be child Na'vi maybe?

Three are playing the children of Jake and Neytiri, three are playing other Na'vi. The article on comingsoon actually had character names and roles.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 16:16 jdreyer

Avatar 2 Has Finally Started Production, First Cast Image Revealed

So, will it be more like Goonies, or more like It?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 14:14 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 11:51:

When I saw the photo I had to triple check they weren't talking about another live action version of Avatar the Last Air-bender. WTF is with all the kids? Not to be judgemental but, that's exactly what I'm going to do, show casing a cast of kids means it's going to be a steaming pile of crap. The original was at least visually appealing, the story was terrible. Maybe it's an experiment on Cameron's part to see just how awful he can make a script before the visual appeal doesn't matter.

actually the article says only one of the kids will be playing as a human in the movie, the rest are going to be child Na'vi maybe?

this quote makes me think it's going to either be some sort of timeshift "groundhogs day" or Stephen Lang is a clone.

"There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf**ker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

The biggest stake of hit or miss for Cameron isn't the movie but the massive outlay that Disney is doing to make Avatar World at Disney World.

Target demographic, kids.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 13:19 Verno

Fuck man, Hefner died? End of an era.  
Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:48 jdreyer

30 years??? INCONCEIVABLE!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:36 Mr. Tact

On the Princess Bride.. the book holds a special place in my heart as the first female silly enough to fall in love with me gave me her copy of the book. I wonder what happened to her... haven't seen or heard from her since we broke up about 37 years ago...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:33 Mr. Tact

Pigeon wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:02:
Maybe it's an experiment on Cameron's part to see just how awful he can make a script before the visual appeal doesn't matter.
Ha! An interesting suggestion. Yeah, the story was pretty damn weak, but then again.. if you start with the premise of controlling alien "avatars" it kind of puts you in a box. I'll probably catch the sequels on the movie channels, at best.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:23 afka Rossini

Meesa tink dis movie needin more Gungun.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:21 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:13:
RDR 2 info out today. About an hour ago.

Time for a few play through of RDR on various systems.....I will be doing this on PS4 I think - have zero interest in PVP. Just want a great SP story. At least 100 hours please!

Hmm Dutch was the main baddie in RDR1, seems this is a prequel. RIP John Marston!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:13 Retired

RDR 2 info out today. About an hour ago.

Time for a few play through of RDR on various systems.....I will be doing this on PS4 I think - have zero interest in PVP. Just want a great SP story. At least 100 hours please!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:02 Pigeon

When I saw the photo I had to triple check they weren't talking about another live action version of Avatar the Last Air-bender. WTF is with all the kids? Not to be judgemental but, that's exactly what I'm going to do, show casing a cast of kids means it's going to be a steaming pile of crap. The original was at least visually appealing, the story was terrible. Maybe it's an experiment on Cameron's part to see just how awful he can make a script before the visual appeal doesn't matter.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 11:56 The Half Elf

There was a comic I read in a Playboy magazine many many many moons ago.

I believe it was Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson sitting at a table, with a black slave standing behind them. Ben starts off saying "All men are creative equal" and Thomas stops him and says, "Have you ever seen the dick on a black guy?" with the black guy in the back with a huge smile on his face.

Thanks for the laughs AND articles Hefner.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 11:52 Retired

At work last night, younger partner of mine, probably early 20s asked, "How many women you think Hefner had sex with?"

My response: "All of them"

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 11:51 RedEye9

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

3. Re: Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dead at 91, magazine confirms. Sep 28, 2017, 11:51 MajorD

Hugh.....RIP, I'm sure you died with a smile on your face.

Still counting...

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo