Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer

A new trailer from Call of Duty: WWII takes a look at the story in the upcoming World War II shooter. Here's the description of the clip:

Call of Duty: WWII tells the story of Private Ronald “Red” Daniels, a young recruit in the U.S. First Infantry Division who experiences combat for the first time on D-Day, one of the largest amphibious assaults in history. After surviving the beaches of Normandy, Red and his squad will fight their way across Europe, engaging the enemy in iconic battle locations such as the Hürtgen Forest and the Battle of the Bulge, as they make their way into Germany. The journey begins on November 3.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 20, 2017, 15:47 jdreyer

Task wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 21:08:
What's so interesting about Korea and Vietnam, when so many myths are still perpetuated about both of those wars. Ken Burn's, Novick, and PBS Vietnam Documentary starts right off with one of those myths and lies, about the Gulf of Tonkin. I guess that's to be expected when they recruited two "national security" types as "consultants" to keep the lies going when they can't even bother to research or discuss the damn documents and tapes from the Johnson Library. But nooo, they get that important part wrong that was used as a pretext for a 10-year dumb war.

I get that it's interesting from a soldier perspective with grunts thrown into a big dumb mess and just surviving an ordeal, but 1. both sides should be reflected and 2. they need to set the historical record straight from a lot of information that was hidden from the American public on purpose.
Yeah, I'm talking about interesting from a tactics and gameplay perspective: helos, jets mixed with prop planes, tons of cool experimental vehicles, unique environments, etc. The maps write themselves: Hue temple, Hamburger Hill, Da Nang, Inchon landing, Yalu River, etc.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:08 Task

What's so interesting about Korea and Vietnam, when so many myths are still perpetuated about both of those wars. Ken Burn's, Novick, and PBS Vietnam Documentary starts right off with one of those myths and lies, about the Gulf of Tonkin. I guess that's to be expected when they recruited two "national security" types as "consultants" to keep the lies going when they can't even bother to research or discuss the damn documents and tapes from the Johnson Library. But nooo, they get that important part wrong that was used as a pretext for a 10-year dumb war.

I get that it's interesting from a soldier perspective with grunts thrown into a big dumb mess and just surviving an ordeal, but 1. both sides should be reflected and 2. they need to set the historical record straight from a lot of information that was hidden from the American public on purpose.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 16:45 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 09:20:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 23:21:
What with the release of Ken Burns' Vietnam, Activision missed an opportunity for serious cross promotion by setting this game in Vietnam.
A game like this takes what, 1-3 years to crank out.
Ken Burns' Vietnam took 10 years w/out a firm release date.
If you were Activision would you want to hitch your boat to an unknown, that is even if they knew about it which they probably didn't.
Missed opportunity, or just sometimes the stars don't even have a chance to align.
You're probably right, I'm just so tired of WW2 when there are more relevant (Korea) and interesting (Vietnam) wars out there that have received less attention.

8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 09:20 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 23:21:
What with the release of Ken Burns' Vietnam, Activision missed an opportunity for serious cross promotion by setting this game in Vietnam.
A game like this takes what, 1-3 years to crank out.
Ken Burns' Vietnam took 10 years w/out a firm release date.
If you were Activision would you want to hitch your boat to an unknown, that is even if they knew about it which they probably didn't.
Missed opportunity, or just sometimes the stars don't even have a chance to align.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 08:15 Burrito of Peace

I wish this game were set in Vietnam. I'd much rather play a Vietnam focused, story driven FPS than yet another run of the mill WW2 clone.

That was a decent story trailer that was then absolutely fucked by "PRE-ORDER NOW FOR MULTIPLAYER SHIT!"

6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 04:56 Hoop

Nucas wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 04:36:
i've wanted to play a 'modern take' on the normandy landings pretty much every year for about 15 years now, so i was probably going to buy this game no matter what else it did.
i've never played a call of duty title online in my life.
amen

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 04:36 Nucas

i've wanted to play a 'modern take' on the normandy landings pretty much every year for about 15 years now, so i was probably going to buy this game no matter what else it did.
i've never played a call of duty title online in my life.

4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 23:34 LOC

Not gonna lie, that trailer got me pumped for this game. I'm super excited to see them return to WW2 as it is, but this looks like a legit good game to me. The story seems good as well, which is always a plus in a CoD game. I just hope the entire SP isn't set piece after set piece after set piece.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 23:21 jdreyer

2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 21:34 PacoTaco

Rebirth of a franchise, thanks IW for making SH look so good. 1.1 bil cHAAA CHING.  

1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 21:27 ColoradoHoudini

I am seriously disappointed that this game has a WAr mode with 6 vs 6. What the hell kind of nonsense is 6 vs 6 in 2017 in a AAA MP FPS? Especially in a mode like that!!

Hard pass on this title

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo