Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer

A Plains of Eidolon Teaser 2 from Digital Extremes offers another look at the Plains of Eidolon coming this year to Warframe. There was also a livestream for this yesterday, and you can watch the archived version on Twitch. The video comes with more detail on what this adds to the third-person shooter:
For the first time in Warframe history, Tenno will have the freedom to explore, fight, journey and fly through the open Landscapes – Warframe's first Open Zone – of Planet Earth in their own time, in their own way. Stepping into the rolling Plains of Eidolon, players will experience a rich landscape populated with both familiar and never-before seen creatures, enemies, a new Warframe, stunning vistas lit with a day/night cycle, and a gripping story told through interactive NPC characters who inhabit the bustling scavenger city of Cetus. In Plains of the Eidolon, players will set foot in a natural landscape with the freedom to explore it on their own terms.

Key features in Plains of Eidolon include:

• Landscapes (Open Zones)
    • Until now, Warframe missions have taken place in relatively closed environments. With the Plains of the Eidolon expansion, players will set foot in a vast natural landscape free to explore on their own terms.
  • Meet the Inhabitants of Cetus
    • Never before have Tenno encountered the faceless people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers.
  • Different Kind of Mission
    • In addition to discovering and exploring, players will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel and battle, and experiment with customizing and modding a Warframe like never before.
  • Discover and Explore
    • Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. Experience a bristling new world in where the wind rustles across your Syandana and the age and size of giant Orokin structures ominously looms in the background. Earth will be more alive than ever before.

View : : :
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: etc
Sep 18, 2017, 19:06
Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 19:06
Sep 18, 2017, 19:06

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:34:
You're the kind of person that has the argument all thought out before you even have someone to argue with!
That way you don't even have to read the other persons post.
You don't have to act like someone insulted your mother when having a discussion.

=-Rigs-=
I wouldn't have it any other way. It's the ano-nomi-tay of the internets.

/s
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Sep 18, 2017, 18:33
Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 18:33
Sep 18, 2017, 18:33

Jivaro wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 07:22:
Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 01:37:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

I am negotiating with Valve to see if they will let me stamp their logo on the back. Also, the shirt maker folks say I can get velcro collars and sleeves to sell as addon-ons. If you pre-purchase you get an actual tag in the collar instead of just a printed tag on the inside of the shirt.
You mean Straight Jacket style, nice.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Sep 18, 2017, 17:34
Rigs

Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 17:34
Sep 18, 2017, 17:34
 Rigs

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:54:
You fools can all go and make jokes all you like but the fact remains - quake champions will have no sdk, level editing or modding... the fact that you would celebrate it is a sign we live in an idiocracy.

You know, the funny thing is I don't give two duck phucks and a rabbit about Quake Champions. I don't know where you get that I'm defending it or even talking about it. I don't play it and haven't, nor do I plan to.

You need to get out more, son. This whole 'You against The World' thing isn't working out. Maybe pay more attention to what people are actually saying instead of what you want to yell in their face back at them. You're the kind of person that has the argument all thought out before you even have someone to argue with!

But what am I saying, you're not gonna listen. Hell, you're probably thinking about what lame come back you'll respond with. If you don't listen to anything else but this, just know that not everything is a contest that needs to be won. You don't have to act like someone insulted your mother when having a discussion. But, then, everyone over the age of 15 should know that already.

=-Rigs-=

Sep 18, 2017, 17:26
Rigs

Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 17:26
Sep 18, 2017, 17:26
 Rigs

Jivaro wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 07:22:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

I am negotiating with Valve to see if they will let me stamp their logo on the back. Also, the shirt maker folks say I can get velcro collars and sleeves to sell as addon-ons. If you pre-purchase you get an actual tag in the collar instead of just a printed tag on the inside of the shirt.

You had me at 'Valve'! HA!

=-Rigs-=

Sep 18, 2017, 14:28
Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 14:28
Sep 18, 2017, 14:28

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:54:

=-Rigs-=

You fools can all go and make jokes all you like but the fact remains - quake champions will have no sdk, level editing or modding... the fact that you would celebrate it is a sign we live in an idiocracy.

I'm guessing by what you have posted in your rants that you were one of those people who use to download your games via iRC then jumps over to gamecopyworld for the exe crack. You would justify this to yourself as eighter I'm trying out the game and if I like it I will buy it (which is bullshit). Or more likely, all software should be free because I want it to be.

You probably were the guy that burned all his friends copies (and probably charged them for the CD) and you would have a good ole time with free software.

Looking back it seems you were the most influential for the now complacent online DRM that you're so worked up on. You caused the gaming industry to look for ways to make money on the products they released much more than what you now say is the FTP model, and now you want to rant for a social justice cause that you want to save games for prosperity .. lol ya ok ..

So put away the binge-watching of Mr.Robot, because the evil corps are going to continue to do what they are doing and FTP models are not hurting the game industry as much as the pre-reserve/DLC culture is.

And I'm guessing it all started from mentalities like yours, so pat yourself on the back for your ranting on a social justice cause you helped to create ... gratz.

Sep 18, 2017, 13:54
Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 13:54
Sep 18, 2017, 13:54

=-Rigs-=

Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
Sep 18, 2017, 08:16
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 08:16
Sep 18, 2017, 08:16

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 22:37:

edit. Not even going to comment to your moronic rant .. seems you have more personal issues a forum post won't help with.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 08:28.

Sep 18, 2017, 07:22
Jivaro

Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 07:22
Sep 18, 2017, 07:22
 Jivaro

=-Rigs-=

Sep 18, 2017, 01:37
Rigs

Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 01:37
Sep 18, 2017, 01:37
 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 01:59.

removed
Sep 17, 2017, 22:37
removed Sep 17, 2017, 22:37
Sep 17, 2017, 22:37

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2017, 08:36.

Sep 17, 2017, 22:12
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 22:12
Sep 17, 2017, 22:12

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 21:47:
Anyone who gamed seriously in the 90's would be mad at the shit that has happened to games.

Been playing Computer games since XCOM UFO Defense on a 386 in 1994. Played Quake competitively, loved DukeNukem, I've met both Johns (Carmack and Romero) and was there when Thresh won his Ferrari, and I love Warframe and its FTP model. So speak for your jaded self.

Sep 17, 2017, 21:47
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 21:47
Sep 17, 2017, 21:47

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 20:01:
Why can't people that like Warframe just be let alone for liking it and not being looked at as part of some bigger problem you have?

It's not a problem I have, every gamer who actually was part of that generation cares about the REAL PC gaming culture that we had in the 90's, to have that fucking destroyed makes gaming less fun overall. No rocket arena, no threewave ctf and all the cool shit fans/devs made. What the fuck is quake champions going to be without any level editing or sdk and modding? Multiplayer quake was all about the mod aspect. To have that shit on and made f2p is a fucking travesty. It's obvious you are not really a big fan of games and are among the stupid set. Anyone who gamed seriously in the 90's would be mad at the shit that has happened to games.

Where would supreme commander be without sorian AI? The fact that we no longer get game tools/level editors with AAA games to the extent we used to is a fucking travesty and anyone who cares about having the most fun should be fucking sad it's being taken away.

So no it's not just my problem, it's just that you don't give two fucks watching many great aspects of PC gaming go down the shitter like most of the masses.

Sep 17, 2017, 20:01
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 20:01
Sep 17, 2017, 20:01

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 15:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 14:15:
I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it.

The fact that f2p, drm, steam and mmo's even exist means people are tech illiterate.

In the 90's we had dedicated servers and fully controlled videogame software, it's fucking awful that f2p games even exist. Because these games won't be preserved for posterity and you can't mod them because now game company have full control of game software.

The whole "software as a service" model was a big scam to get games out of gamers hands, there's a huge downside - we get stuck with the developers vision of what a game is.

But I sit here knowing I'm living the best gaming time of my life, right here, right now.

I'm a paying customer so DRM while unfortunate, it hasn't got in my way from enjoying. Mileage could vary, but just be honest about it.

In the survival genre, dedicated services are back with full control and some other groups of games to.

But we live in a capitalistic world, they have a choice to make what they like and we have a choice to buy it or not, full stop, that is how it works. How I look at it is they can do whatever they want, if it breaks some rule of mine, I know somewhere enough of the other 1000 devs will have an alternative option for my entertainment time and money.

Your list is a total pull string for what 10+ years now? It is what it is, I've adopted, it isn't all going back to shareware, no dlc, no login authenticate, no micro etc and with that, I still feel this is the best time of gaming yet. So I can't just bring myself down to your level in this, sorry.

Why can't people that like Warframe just be let alone for liking it and not being looked at as part of some bigger problem you have?

Sep 17, 2017, 15:01
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 15:01
Sep 17, 2017, 15:01

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 14:15:
I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it.

The fact that f2p, drm, steam and mmo's even exist means people are tech illiterate.

In the 90's we had dedicated servers and fully controlled videogame software, it's fucking awful that f2p games even exist. Because these games won't be preserved for posterity and you can't mod them because now game company have full control of game software.

The whole "software as a service" model was a big scam to get games out of gamers hands, there's a huge downside - we get stuck with the developers vision of what a game is.

Games like league of legends and DOTA2 were descendants from a culture of AAA game open-ness that has now been shit own by valve and all game companies for micro-transaction ridden crap.

AKA no privacy and you being spied on when you use said game, you have no privacy when you play an mmo/internet/steam connected game at all and they can gather all sorts of info on you and sell it behind your back.

There's just too much evil shit that companies have done to games and its a travesty. That's what I mean by stupid.

The fact that software was basically ripped out of our hands and now they can press a button to destroy the games because they will never release server code so maintaining these server locked games for posterity will be practically impossible.

For someone who cares about games and gaming history, its fucking tragic that the masses are so stupid they are basically destroying games and game culture.

Sep 17, 2017, 14:15
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 14:15
Sep 17, 2017, 14:15

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 13:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 12:38:
They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

I'm fully aware of how these companies worked, the average gamer is much too stupid for companies to give too much of a rats ass about quality.

I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it. Many people love the game they made and why not just ride that wave as a developer? To me you are injecting your opinion over top tons of people that have a different appreciation for this game.

Sep 17, 2017, 13:52
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 13:52
Sep 17, 2017, 13:52

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 12:38:
They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

I'm fully aware of how these companies worked, the average gamer is much too stupid for companies to give too much of a rats ass about quality.

Sep 17, 2017, 12:40
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:40
Sep 17, 2017, 12:40

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 05:32:
PC gamers poor mans Destiny. Luckily a real came will be out in October to show them how its done. Destiny 2!

Well then I welcome that, we'll see.

Sep 17, 2017, 12:39
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:39
Sep 17, 2017, 12:39

Asmodai wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 21:41:
Warframe has all the right components, good mechanics (both shooting and moving), reasonably easy to play free, great co-op etc, it just doesn't tie it all together well in to an experience.

Yes. Does this new expansion bring something more to the tie it all together? I thought is was.

Sep 17, 2017, 12:38
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:38
Sep 17, 2017, 12:38

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 19:21:
It's still pretty much the same game, aka DE injects new content, people flock to it then get bored in an endless cycle. The reality is if they'd just make a full single player campaign they could have a good game on par with mass effect but the reality is they don't want to spend the money and I doubt their team has the talent to really take it to the next level.

Sep 17, 2017, 07:39
Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 07:39
Sep 17, 2017, 07:39

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 05:32:
PC gamers poor mans Destiny. Luckily a real came will be out in October to show them how its done. Destiny 2!

Absolutely untrue. The only shared game mechanics between destiny and Warframe are they are both looter shooters.

Destiny's core gameplay is a first-person shooter with a little external narrative storylines on a few (5-6?) planets/tile sets with 3 classes and 5 game/mission types.

Warframe is a 3rd person shooter on 17 planets/tile sets with in-game story arcs and over 33 classes/frames played over 17+ different game types. And now they are adding quasi-open world elements ... FOR FREE also unlike Destiny with Bungie charging for any major content updates. Player made content, unlike Destiny. And story arc/lore missions that rival any of Destiny's jumbled story arcs, Second Dream anyone? And the Music ... just fantastic ... so ya a poor mans PC game Rolleyes .

If you're arguing semantics, then one could say that Destiny is really a dumbed down version of Warframe, since Warframe was released 1.5 years before Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 is/should be an expansion for Destiny 1, but I'm sure as you're clearly a Destiny fanboy you wouldn't concede to that logic anyways. And frankly, they are two different games.

So you go ahead and see how it's done in Oct with what reviewers are calling Destiny 1.5 PC Port and I'm guessing 60+ 120+ dollars invested ... I'm having a blast with 2000+ hours in Warframe and about 20-30 bucks out of pocket (gladly).

Here is a long time Destiny youtuber explaining his take on Warframe much better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuJitrbTFY&t=106s **there are raids and all items (even plat items if you trade prime parts for plat) can be earned for free.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GU6NOG1yJ0 **contains slight spoilers**

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2017, 10:54.
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older