Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Mobilization

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 17, 2017, 02:04 swedishfriend

So electric vehicle prices are not rising according to the study. What is happening is that more expensive electric vehicles with greater range are now available so the average prices of vehicles sold has gone up. The cars have not gone up in price but the buying is trending towards more expensive cars. Meanwhile the cost per KM of range has gone from $400 in 2012 to $250 in 2016. So cost of technology almost cut in half in 4 years.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2017, 21:18 Bumpy

For around city and warm weather, electric cars will do fine, everything else needs much work yet IMO.  

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2017, 20:54 Ozmodan

Despite the ridiculous claims about range, none of these electrics have much of any and the quick charge for 45 minutes does not give you much additional range. Cold, night, inclement weather will eat your charge fast.

Had a friend with a Tesla, took about a 120 mile trip with his family in the winter in the evening, but the time he got there he was already down 2/3, had to spend a hour and a half at a charging station after he found it. Sold the car the next week!

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2017, 16:48 jdreyer

I just bought a new car last year. I would have gone electric, but I live in an apartment with no plugs. Also, there weren't any affordable hybrids or electrics that fit my needs (the hybrid RAV-4 came out after I got my car, and I never buy a car first year of production). I feel for my next one, I will definitely go electric, although I plan on keeping this car for another 6-7 years at least.  

Stay a while, and listen.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo