Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now officially available on GOG.com and Steam, following an early access run for Larian Studios' RPG sequel. A new feature trailer is online with a look at what to expect, and there's also a Kickstarter Update #44 video covering the release. Here's word from their release announcement:

Almost exactly two years after we launched our most successful Kickstarter ever, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now out!

We've poured our hearts and souls into this game, and we are so, so excited to see what the world makes of it.

It's been an incredible journey, but of course none of this would be possible without the support we've had along the way. Our unending thanks to each of the 42,713 Kickstarter backers who put their faith in us two years ago, and to every player that explored Fort Joy during last year's Early Access. Without your trust and without your feedback none of this would be possible.

But of course, the journey's not over. Indeed, for you it's just beginning...

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 16, 2017, 10:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bopper wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 07:38:
10 hours in. The game is fantastic! but...

It's HARD! There's no shame in dropping difficulty to easiest. In the beginning on classic mode you are very underpowered and need to acquire some gear quickly as your characters are essentially naked with no armor.

The game has a bug for me and some other people on Steam forums. Once you get past a certain plot point one area of the game becomes prone to freezes making the game basically unplayable in that section.

After this point the game has started crashing for me every time I load a game, forcing me to restart and load from main menu.

The game definitely starts harder than D:OS 1 did, but once you start getting your team armored up a bit, difficulty drops off dramatically.

I'm also about 10-12 hours in, too early for me to definitively make up my mind whether this D:OS 2 system is better than the original, but it's definitely a big combat change. I'm loving the game, but it feels like gear is way more important this time around, or at least getting some physical/magic armor ASAP.

Enemies have varying levels of Physical/Magic armor... it's turning out well having some physical and magic dps guys, to burn down the weaker armored side, then you can focus on the remainder.

No crashing/freezing bug for me yet, Gog version. But I have been taking my time, clearing everything, I have one collar off but have yet to use the...[PLOT DEVICE] to the next area... Maybe the freezing comes after that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 16, 2017, 07:38 Bopper

10 hours in. The game is fantastic! but...

It's HARD! There's no shame in dropping difficulty to easiest. In the beginning on classic mode you are very underpowered and need to acquire some gear quickly as your characters are essentially naked with no armor.

The game has a bug for me and some other people on Steam forums. Once you get past a certain plot point one area of the game becomes prone to freezes making the game basically unplayable in that section.

After this point the game has started crashing for me every time I load a game, forcing me to restart and load from main menu.

Since this is in the start of the game and so apparent I am sure there will be a hotfix for it next week. I still recommend it heartily!

- Boppa

19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 16, 2017, 05:56 Renegades Hang

I loved the first game but I think the combat in this one is a step back. The magic/physical armor aspect removes important tactical planning. For example, when the battle starts and I lob a sleep grenade, it does not have the intended effect of making the enemy sleep. It just takes off a little of their magic armor. But having the person go to sleep was part of my plan for my next 3 moves. Instead I have to retreat until that armor is gone. I hope a mod will come out that makes the combat like it was in 1.  

18. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 18:04 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 14:53:
Just started playing the original game a few days ago, finally left the first town to the west where the lower level 3 undead are.

Second fight in, getting bashed hard.

So my mains are a Sword/Board user with Thick Skin and 10% extra mace damage, just picked up leech as well.
Level 3, has 2 in One-Hand, 1 in arms, 1 in Armor and 1 in Shield , 1 in whatever skill to heal.
Skills are Crushing Fist, Melee Power Stance, Regeneration

The chick is Crossbow + Summons with Pet Pals trait and Arrow Recovery
Level 3, 2 in crossbows, 1 in marksman, 1 in leadership and 1 in willpower
Companions are now Jahan and Medora.

Wondering if I messed up my initial builds, are shields actually worth it? I was planning on using him as a tank but hes just getting rolled.

Check these out:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Character/Party Guide
Build Guide (check the right hand side menu)

In VERY broad strokes: Do not waste any ability points on non-combat stuff (except pet pal) but use mules back at base with specific non-combat abilities.
Use a lot of the water-related magic trees because they include healing etc.
Focus on mobility, ranged attacks and use nades a lot. Don't make the mistake as in other games where you hoard shit. Actually use the nades and the potions liberally.

Finally, be creative with everything from the environment, not just the obvious elemental crap, e.g. if you have a very strong character then you could carry a heavy wooden box around with you and just drop that on top of enemies.

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 15:23 Quinn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 14:53:
Just started playing the original game a few days ago, finally left the first town to the west where the lower level 3 undead are.

So my mains are a Sword/Board user with Thick Skin and 10% extra mace damage, just picked up leech as well.
Level 3, has 2 in One-Hand, 1 in arms, 1 in Armor and 1 in Shield , 1 in whatever skill to heal.

Wondering if I messed up my initial builds, are shields actually worth it? I was planning on using him as a tank but hes just getting rolled.

Jahan the mage changed the game in my favor drastically. Before that, I had a period where it was fucking hard. I found that my main (warrior tank) remained sorta kinda useless throughout the game. I guess he did soak up a lot of damage and managed to keep aggro at some point later on.

Also, teleport enemies on top of eachother. Epic tip.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 14:53 Tipsy McStagger

15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 10:21 Darks

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 04:26:
Im having so much fun playing through XCOM2 War of the Chosen, and now this....

Hmmmm.....must, resist, temptation....

Resistance is futile!! U must buy it human!!

Its a really great game, I bought the Collectors edition, got Fain the stature. hes so fricking awesome!! Looks great sitting next to my Belaphost.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. No subject Sep 15, 2017, 10:16 Mashiki Amiketo

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 04:26:

Only one more turn! I was hoping to finish my playthrough today so I could start D:OS2 but looks like tomorrow for that.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 15, 2017, 09:08 {PH}88fingers

Quinn wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:04:
Two absolutely excellent TURN-BASED games released at the same time. So typical. XP

My wallet hates me.

Which is the other one ?
-edit nevermind, looks like its xcom2

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 06:45 yuastnav

So it has been released? Yay! Finally. Finally I can start playing it now. :>  

11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 04:26 VaranDragon

10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 04:06 Icewind

Osc8r wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:31:
Awesome sh*t. Just hope the AI offers some challenge all the way through this time round.

I just hit level 5 and escaped the prison side of the island, and to me, the AI feels more suicidal. Not smarter, just more uncaring.

I was in a fight with two boss characters with heavy armor, and while plugging away at one of them after backing her into a corner, she threw a firestorm grenade onto a group of oil barrels, killing her and cutting half my party's HP down.

I won the battle without anyone dying, but that move shocked me.

They all seem to be more nuts now, which kind of makes it easier, I've noticed, since enemies won't really take advantage of choke points or lure you into areas the way ToEE always did.

9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 04:01 wonkawonka

I just started playing. It's gorgeous, really well made, and I'm loving it. Glad I backed it. I finished the first one a couple of times, and this one seems a better version of the old.  

8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 02:31 Osc8r

Awesome sh*t. Just hope the AI offers some challenge all the way through this time round.  

7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 02:04 Quinn

Two absolutely excellent TURN-BASED games released at the same time. So typical. XP

My wallet hates me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 01:16 LittleMe

Reviews seem consistent that this is much better than D:OS 1. I didn't finish the first either but am very much considering getting this.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 00:38 Jivaro

I have been trying to stick to a few rules regarding game purchases. One of them is to only buy the sequel after I have finished the first game at least once. I really enjoy playing D:OS but I am not quite done with my playthrough. Madden season seriously affects my time spent with other games. One of the (adult) kids is using my PC more than I do right now.

Going but what I have heard and seen so far, I am going to really enjoy the sequel.

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 14, 2017, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

I backed this on Kickstarter, chose the GoG version.

So far, I've got about 4 hours in, and it's legitimately excellent.

I probably messed up my party composition, currently using all Origin(backstory based NPCs), including my PC, who is The Red Prince(Lizard man).

Knight - One Hander/Shield for PC (By default I think he's an Inquisitor? Melee + Demonic casting)

The Beast (Dwarf) as a Rogue(probably a bad choice, his default is Battle Mage, which I'm starting to think I left should have left him as)

Fane (Undead) as Wizard, his default. Pure Caster, enemy AI seems to aggressively move towards him, but it's early.

Sebille (cannibal Elf) as Wayfarer(ranger basically) instead of her default Rogue.

Enemies seem to have a LOT of movement abilities, could have really used a more tankier setup, but I'll keep going with this group and see how it turns out.

I really like how you can setup each of the NPCs as whatever class you want...I've already met the other two NPCs, and set them up as an Inquisitor and an Enchanter.

I'm playing on Classic, and I must be rusty from D:OS, because I've already had to revive two people, through the first couple woodland battles.

The game is gorgeous, even 'random' guardsmen seem to have a bit of professionally voiced dialogue, and the main voice cast is stellar.

Game mechanics seem mostly like D:OS, aka very good so far.

I've run into one minor dialogue bug so far, but it was resolvable by restarting the dialogue tree. (A quest NPC wouldn't trigger unless you got to a certain dialogue path, but you could get to the END dialogue before that.) No graphical or collision bugs, game mechanics/class/perk systems seem rock solid.

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 14, 2017, 22:18 Creston

I hope this does great, Larian deserves it. Great group of devs.  

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 14, 2017, 22:08 Grokk

I picked up the double dibs pledge for $50 on kickstarter because I've enjoyed all the Divinity games so far and my wife loved the first original sin.

Note sure when I'll get into it though, since I haven't finished the first one yet Clocked up 50 hours in it this week trying to get it finished before this released but it's just too damn big

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo