Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned

A tweet from PLAYERUNKNOWN reveals that the banhammer is being wielded vigorously in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, as they are culling cheaters in the battle royale left and right (thanks MP1ST). Word is:

.@TheBattlEye has now banned over 150,000 cheaters from @PUBATTLEGROUNDS, with more than 8,000 banned in the last 24 hours alone! GG WP

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 18:03 Lilricky

Meanwhile, in a completely unrelated news item, PUBG hit the #1 top selling game of the week with 8,000 sales in a day!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 12:49 jdreyer

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 10:56:
Cue the whiners about how they can't prove people are cheating and that they're banning all these innocent lambs. At one time, League of Legends would do a name and shame of people trotting out all the "I'm innocent!" lies. They would post logs and make the person look like utter trash. I realize that is a ton of extra overhead, but damn it was entertaining.

I'm sure Blizzard could write automation to publicly post the evidence of cheating for each account.

Stay a while, and listen.

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 12:46 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 10:59:
What's the over/under on how many people were banned because they were out of town and their brother got in to their account?

Let your brother play on your account unsupervised, and you deserve whatever you get.

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 11:51 aka_STEVE

Trying to find smiley face of a guy "just scratching the surface" .... of all the hackers.

Computer

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 11:13 eRe4s3r

Good, but 8000 of 1m... seems bit low (yes, I mean for daily bans ;p) probably meaning they can't detect half of the cheats.  

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 11:01 RedEye9

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 10:59:
What's the over/under on how many people were banned because they were out of town and their brother got in to their account?
Exactly 135,983 were out of town, not sure how to calculate the o/u.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 10:59 Wallshadows

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 10:56 Primalchrome

Cue the whiners about how they can't prove people are cheating and that they're banning all these innocent lambs. At one time, League of Legends would do a name and shame of people trotting out all the "I'm innocent!" lies. They would post logs and make the person look like utter trash. I realize that is a ton of extra overhead, but damn it was entertaining.  

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 10:28 RedEye9

AWESOME!!! Party2  

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo