Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon Virtual Tickets

Blizzard announces virtual tickets for BlizzCon 2017 are now on sale, saying this will bring more of the show than ever before. Tickets are $39.99 USD, and they also provide a $10.00 discount off this year's $45.00 physical goody bag or the $70.00 "epic upgrade" goody bag, which are detailed in this post. Word is: "For the first time, Virtual Ticket holders will have access to every stage at BlizzCon, a new all-access channel, and special events featuring streamers, voice actors, and community creators." Here's more:

The new BlizzCon All-Access channel will serve as the official Virtual Ticket tour guide all weekend as hosts take viewers around the show floor, behind the scenes, and deeper into the games through exclusive interviews. For those who can't wait to get started, the season of BlizzCon starts today at www.blizzcon.com, where gamers can watch several series of all-new videos, which will have new episodes regularly in the weeks leading up to the convention. These videos will cover subjects ranging from Blizzard music to cosplay to behind-the-scenes insights from developers, and some of this content will only be available to Virtual Ticket holders as a special thank-you for their purchase.

In addition to the game developer discussions, main stage events, community contests, and other great content that is a mainstay of the BlizzCon experience, the enhanced Virtual Ticket also includes:

• BlizzCon in-game goodies for your favorite Blizzard games, including World of Warcraft® faction-specific mounts available in-game starting today: the Stormwind Skychaser (Alliance) and Orgrimmar Interceptor (Horde).
  • A customizable viewing playlist, making it easy for Virtual Ticket holders to catch all their favorite moments live.
  • On-demand replays available for a month after the show, giving viewers plenty of time to catch every bit of the action.
  • An enhanced esports-viewing experience, including the BlizzCon Opening Week competition.
  • The option to pre-purchase this year’s BlizzCon Goody Bag (while supplies last)—a backpack full of real-world loot representing your favorite Blizzard games—at a $10 (USD) discount.
  • A front-row seat to more than 60 hours of BlizzCon content from wherever you are.

As always, coverage of the BlizzCon opening ceremony and this year’s esports tournaments—including the global championships for StarCraft II, Heroes of the Storm, and World of Warcraft; the Hearthstone Inn-vitational and Tavern Vs. Tavern finals; and the finals of the Overwatch World Cup—will be streamed for free in HD at www.blizzcon.com.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 15, 2017, 08:44 Mr. Tact

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 04:50:
The whole of modern gaming society is a fucking idiocracy,
FTFY.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 15, 2017, 04:50 Suppa7

Flatline wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:37:
I remember when I originally commented on how stupid it was years ago on this site a lot of people chastised me for it.

The whole of modern gaming is a fucking idiocracy, paying for in game mounts in a fucking mmo you are paying monthly for? Microtransactons? Loot boxes? The average gamer is downright subhumanly slave like to all this bullshit. The fact that we can find idiots defending gaming being ruined.

Modern gaming is a shitshow of functionally retarded animals.

8. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 17:27 ldonyo

I'd get a ticket if they'd let me use virtual money.  

7. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 13:25 Mr. Tact

Excellent point Jacoby...  

6. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 12:39 jacobvandy

It's way more bang for your entertainment buck than $100 to watch a shitty boxing match...  

5. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 11:37 Flatline

I guess I can understand going to the actual blizzcon. I have friends who do it. I think it's silly though, especially since Blizzard doesn't exactly put out much product these days.

But yeah, I always thought paying 40 bucks to watch it streaming was pants-on-head retarded. I remember when I originally commented on how stupid it was years ago on this site a lot of people chastised me for it.

4. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 08:19 RedEye9

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 00:26:
You can buy an upgrade pack for the goody bag for the virtual ticket to see the future products Blizzard has coming out... that's too many levels!
The more you spend, the more you save.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

3. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 00:26 MisterBenn

You can buy an upgrade pack for the goody bag for the virtual ticket to see the future products Blizzard has coming out... that's too many levels!  

2. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 13, 2017, 22:52 Mr. Tact

*meh* Compared to $1,500 SC ships, pocket change.  

1. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 13, 2017, 22:28 CJ_Parker

Bwwwwaaaaahahahahahaha $40 for watching THEIR ADVERTSING SHOW (you know, where they should be glad if anyone tunes in for free or even pay YOU to watch it). It's like if QVC would charge for watching their tele shopping shows.
This is so incredibly stupid. The only thing even dumber and sadder is that there are more than enough mouthbreathers who will probably even consider this a good deal.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo