Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced

Spiderweb Software announces Avernum 3: Ruined World, a new installment in their long-running RPG series that both concludes the Avernum saga and remasters it(?). They say this is coming in Q1 2018 for Windows and macOS, and that it will also come to mobile devices down the road. The official website and Steam listing are both already online, and a new trailer accompanies the news. Here's word:

Spiderweb Software, Inc., makers of fine indie fantasy role-playing adventures for 24 years, have announced Avernum 3: Ruined World. A tale of desperate exiles and their battle for a land to call their own, Avernum 3 is an epic fantasy role-playing adventure coming soon for Windows and Macintosh, with a mobile version coming soon after.

At last, your people are free. You broke out of the underworld prison of Avernum. You emerge onto the surface, back into the sun at last, only to find that the world is being destroyed. Plagues of horrifying monsters scourge the surface. If you don’t stop them, you will have no home to escape to.

Avernum 3: Ruined World is the conclusion to the epic Avernum saga and a full remaster of Spiderweb Software’s greatest hit. It is an epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous world, spanning an underworld and a gigantic surface continent. Fight the plagues of monsters that are destroying your home. Explore a world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen.

Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Become a bounty hunter or a merchant. Buy a house. Explore a multitude of towns and dungeons. Master over 60 spells and battle disciplines and hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts. Explore one of the biggest, most unique worlds in computer games! Avernum 3: Ruined World will be released for Windows and Macintosh in Q1, 2018.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 18:39 jdreyer

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 03:40:
I'm pretty excited. There haven't been very many 1980-era games made in recent years.

Did you forget about grimoire heralds of the winged exemplar?

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 18:14 Jivaro

Always love me a Spiderweb game. Is Jeff Vogel still doing these all by himself? (for the most part anyway?)  

8. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 09:13 Dev

Blue,
Did you perhaps mean "long running" instead of "log running"?

7. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 08:49 Slashman

I bought the previous games and I really tried but just couldn't get past those graphics.

I can deal with pixel graphics but the games are just plain ugly to me. Still it's good that they have an audience that allowed them to make so many.

6. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 08:23 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 03:19:
2) Will my five year old GTX670 be able to run those "sweet engine upgrades?" It is an overclocked GTX670, so it's practically a 680.
I don't know, you may have to get a mobile device or mac. Drummer

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

5. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 06:40 PHJF

1) Can I play this without having played Avernum 1 & 2? How much story am I missing? Will I be totally lost?

Having only played Avernum, the story was pretty forgettable fantasy trash. The game itself was pretty good, but man are those graphics a hurdle.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 05:54 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 20:33:
Those are some sweet engine upgrades.

Nothing hurts quite as much as sharp pixels and sarcasm.

3. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 03:40 ShakaUVM

I'm pretty excited. There haven't been very many 1980-era games made in recent years.  

2. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 14, 2017, 03:19 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 20:33:

Questions:

1) Can I play this without having played Avernum 1 & 2? How much story am I missing? Will I be totally lost?

2) Will my five year old GTX670 be able to run those "sweet engine upgrades?" It is an overclocked GTX670, so it's practically a 680.

Stay a while, and listen.

1. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Announced Sep 13, 2017, 20:33 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo