Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fortnite Battle Royale Mode

The Epic Games website announces details about a new battle royale mode coming to Fortnite, confessing this is inspired by their affection for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS and its ilk. This is available on their public test server, and they plan to bring it to the live game on September 26th. Here's the announce trailer, and here are more details on the mode, and a sale that's currently underway:

Yeah, we made a PvP mode for Fortnite. We love Battle Royale games like PUBG and thought Fortnite would make a great foundation for our own version. A few months ago Epicís Unreal Tournament team began experimenting with the mode while the original Fortnite team kept updating the core game. To maintain game balance we kept the PvP mode completely separate from the PvE mode. The new Battle Royale mode was so much fun we decided to share it with everyone to get feedback.

This is also a great time for new Fortnite players to jump in because for one week only we have a 25% discount on our Standard and Deluxe Edition Founderís Packs. (Sale runs from Sept. 12-18.)

We are really excited about Fortnite Battle Royale and canít wait for you to play it. This is just the first version of the mode, and we will update Battle Royale and the core Fortnite game throughout our Early Access period and into launch. We are excited to grow the game with you and thank you for joining us on the adventure.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 14, 2017, 08:47 HoSpanky

Retired wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 00:48:
After playing first person mode in PUBG, I have zero interest playing 3rd person ANYTHING.

Fortnite can be played first-person. It's super UNuseful in the main game mode, as the third person view is there to let you see from a LITTLE above the average enemy height. The game throws a LOT of monsters at you at once, and prioritizing certain ones is key.

Dirk wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 00:40:
This game went from "seems interesting" to "blatant unashamed cash-grab" faster than anything I've ever seen.

I agree this mode is a cash grab. Doesn't mean the primary game is any less fun, but I'd advise waiting a bit anyway. As I said before, each zone is SUPPOSED to have a different tileset. They don't. The current tileset is surprisingly varied, but it still just the one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 14, 2017, 00:48 Retired

After playing first person mode in PUBG, I have zero interest playing 3rd person ANYTHING.  

2. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 14, 2017, 00:40 Dirk

This game went from "seems interesting" to "blatant unashamed cash-grab" faster than anything I've ever seen.  

1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 13, 2017, 22:41 HoSpanky

Haven't tried this mode yet, it offers no rewards and I much prefer the game's PVE loop. Variety is a good thing, though. I'll likely give it a spin a couple times.

The base PVE gameplay in FN is pretty entertaining, although they haven't finished tilesets for the 4 world zones the game takes play in. It's disappointing to get to progress to a new zone aaaand it looks exactly the same. There are obvious hints as to what they will look like, but for now...green grass and pine trees everyfuckingwhere. It's in Early Access, I understand that the art will likely be the last thing completed. Doesn't stop it from being a bummer tho.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo