Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2017, 09:28 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 22:30:
I thought the government couldn't be sued? Am I missing something here?
In civil cases yeah, but this isn't. Also there's something about government needing to give you permission to sue. I forget the exact rules, but I bet wiki would know.

But this has been going on for at least a decade (in fact they are allowed to do it within around 100 miles of not only borders but international airports which puts a huge percentage of the population in the warrantless areas), wonder why this wasn't done a few years ago. I hope they succeed in stopping it because it's ridiculous, but it's been happening long enough I think it's already established.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2017, 22:30 Creston

I thought the government couldn't be sued? Am I missing something here?

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2017, 19:39 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 19:08:
Just doubled my donation to both and added the Southern Poverty Law Center. gotta love justice

On the one hand, yes. I made donations to ACLU & EFF earlier this year. They do good work.

On the other hand, this has been going on for years. What took you guys long?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2017, 19:08 RedEye9

Just doubled my donation to both and added the Southern Poverty Law Center. gotta love justice

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo